Thread: Is it me or is the log in server down

Default Is it me or is the log in server down

can not connect to server error
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Default Re: Is it me or is the log in server down

Alright, what's it saying Me and My mate just had the exact same problem. Try and Re-set your internet Sparkly, I did that and Managed to get everything working again.
    Rawr!???

don't know if it's related, but I can only start the game by activating the launcher2.jar file directly - If I try any of the .exe files I get various connection error messages...

We'll investigate this weirdness with the launcher.

We believe that the problem that generated the initial posts in this thread should be resolved (it was a network misconfiguration) -- so the trouble you're having with the launcher is not related.

Please report the launcher trouble in a fresh support ticket if you have not already done so. While it's okay to talk about these things on the forum so others get a heads up, the support ticket queue gets a lot more attention.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Okay, so here's what I found:

There's a lot of stuff in the Istaria root directory with "launcher" in the name! You should be running one of these:
    jlauncher.exe
    launcher2.jar
    Starting either of these two gets me to my character list with no trouble. You may have to run the .exe with administrator privileges, depending on how locked down you configured your Windows and Java installations.

The other .exe and .jar files will fire up older launchers, some of which may no longer have an active endpoint on the istaria.com web servers and generate dialog boxes with http 404 errors.

Your initial launcher window should have the username and password fields in the upper right corner and have a version around 2.6 - 2.8. Any Java launcher with a version of at least 2.0 should work though. If you're still using the old 2.0 launcher with the login fields in front of a blocked-off lair, you're missing out!
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Thread Information