Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 234

Default Blight Update 234

Blight Update 234 was applied to the Blight Testing Shard on Tuesday, January 29th and includes the following additions, changes, and fixes. Please use this thread to post bugs only. Do not use it for discussion of changes. Non-relevant posts will be moved and/or deleted.

Gnomekindle

• Gnomekindle now has it's own permanent area on New Korelia. Gnomekindle Town has begun being rebuilt there and many of the familiar NPC's from previous years have moved there.
    • Added a new teleport pad that will take players close to Gnomekindle Town on New Korelia.
    • Many of the quests from previous year's Gnomekindle celebrations have been updated. Some of them are repeatable now but were not before. Repeatable quests are as follows:
      • Gnomekindle Tree Sparklies
      • Gnomekindle Tree Unbreakable Stone Ornaments
      • Hermey The Misfit Gnome
      • How Gnomekindle Came To Be (Lore Quest)
      • It's a Frightening World (for anyone with adventurer level 20 and up)
      • The Abominable Snow Beast (for anyone with adventurer level 20 and up)
      • Jolly Old Nicholas's destination quests
      • Metal Decorations on Every Gnomekindle Tree
      • More Sweet Treats for Gnomekindle (for bipeds only)
      • Natural Ornaments for a Gnomekindle Tree
      • Return for More Dragon Treats (for dragons only)
      • Traditions of Gnomekindle (Lore Quest)

• Many of the repeatable quests will give players a special token at the end of it. This token (called "Vote For...) will be counted after the Gnomekindle event is removed on each shard and a special surprise will appear at the next Gnomekindle event. Players should hold onto the stack of items that they want to have counted in the voting, and all others can be deleted.
    • Lair Murals for Gnomekindle now properly require a pattern to complete.
    • New structures for players to build have been added. Two new house designs were added, one with a snow covered roof and another with twinkling lights added. A skating pond has also been added as well as a series of ice walls for players to make their plots all "wintry".

Adventure

• Forest Skulk Gatherer Finger now lists its proper usages.
    • Burris the Scout now offers Trophy quests through a simpler dialogue path.
    • Scroll "Raise Power V" now gives the proper buff.
    • Fixed the healing values on Minor Heal I scroll (they were reversed).
    • Jungle Crawler Gland and references to it are now known as the Jungle Crawler Soldier Gland.
    • These items now use a default resource icon: Fire Wolf Alpha Paw, Winter Wolf Alpha Paw, and Brownback Outlier Paw.
    • Son of Gigaroth now has more health, new abilities (similar to those of the Blighted Kwellen) and has acquired a posse.
    • Clap of Thunder now recycles every 90 seconds, but has a pre-delay (warm-up)
    • Elemental Arrow now has a 90 second recycle and has a range of 20 meters.
    • Kwellen Berserkers no longer receive the passive Parry ability.

Plot

• Stone Flooring Decorative Square 20x40 and 30x30 have been replaced with the right models.
    • Stone Flooring Fancy Squares in 20x40 and 30x30 should no longer be the Fishbone pattern - it now has the correct texture.
    • Stone Flooring Sand now all use the correct unbuilt model.
    • Cotton Tapestries/Bolts were reversed (for skill and XP) on the Basic Guild Hall and have been corrected.

Quest

• Quest "Learn to Make Dire Wolf Hide Grips" now properly gives you the Expert Animal Hide Processing formula instead of Journeyman and also makes no further mention of Maple Hide Tannin.
    • Quest "Learn to Make Dire Wolf Hide Grips" now allows you to have completed either of the "Hunting the Direst Wolves" quests (as a Ranger or Non-Ranger).
    • Quest "The Forest Skulk Threat II", the hidden step to loot the Odd Artifact will now become visible when you slay the Elder.
    • Made some steps in the quest Gaileach: The Myloc Queen (Part 2) into visible steps so players will have a better idea of what is needed in each step while doing the quest.

Tradeskill

• Antidote formulas are now priced correctly.
    • Expert Heavy Round Shield now requires 2 Bloodskulk Soothsayer's Ears instead of 1 for the Tier 5 shield.
    • Johald the Outfitter Trainer on New Trismus once again has a full line of quests for those who qualify.
    • Updated the description of the Werewolf Bone to remove references to Techniques that don't use it.
    • Lesser Nix Beetle Carapace now properly lists Craft: Transmutation III and vice versa.
    • Fixed skill ranges and requirements of Master and Master Blighted formulas
    • Tool Dye Kits can now be applied to Dragon Claws

World

• Harro now has a sandpile.
    • Elia now has a destination pad that can be accessed from portals that lead to settlements.
    • Falathien now has a sandpile and water well.
    • Removed one set of machines from the logging camp outside the Dalimond city walls.
    • Created lake surface on Isle of Ice
    • Fixed the name of the "Guild: Clearport" destination pad.
    • Added an additional Kenaf spawn south/southwest of Reed Lake.
    • Added a Cloth Factory near Reed Lake.
    • Brownback Wolves can now be found near Reed Lake.
    • Sheila's Haberdashery is now spelled properly

Special Notes

• Many of the Gnomekindle related quests have been updated for this patch. Existing instances for all quests with the keyword Quest_Event_Winter should be deleted so that players will have to start them over again.
    • Many instances of items have also been updated. Coin values changed, descriptions changed, bulkiness changed, etc. As I'm unsure at this time what updates and what doesn't when a delta is applied, I'm mentioning it here in case players experience problems.
    • Anarie has had her items removed from her for now to prevent another issue like we had today. Now even if players are accidentally given tokens, they won't have any way of spending them. Also note that Anarie has been moved into the FZ on the live shards (or should have been). Hopefully this won't prevent her from being updated in the future.

P

Default Re: Blight Update 234

Gnomekindle: Tree Sparkles. Quest log says: Mrs. Claus has sent you out to gather chunks of gems for making ornaments. Shes agreed to give you an Istarian Express check for every 10 you bring her. I brought 100 gem chunks and only recieved 1 check. Also in the log it says: NOTE: While this quest is active, you have the chance of getting ornaments from the golems that you fight. Different levels of golems will give you different colored ornaments. I did not get one ornament from a gem golem while gathering the 100 gem chunks and I killed 6 different gem golem types of different levels. The only ornaments I have gotten are from the marble golems in the stone chunk quest from Mr Clause. Thanks Gro

My apologies... the keyword is missing from some of the golems. Will get this fixed for the next patch. It is only the "Tree Sparklies" quest which doesn't work, all the others (stone, metal, wood) should work properly.

And she will give you 1 check for every 10 gems turned it, but you must take the quest new each time. So I'll try and figure out how to change that text as well.
    Last edited by Velea; January 29th, 2013 at 02:41 PM.
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

The More Sweet Treats for Gnomekindle has similar text to the Gnomekindle tree sparkles but it does not have the counter so you can retake the quest with the needed items in inventory and it works.

Will be fixed
    Last edited by Velea; January 29th, 2013 at 02:45 PM.

The Abominable Snow Beast: Travel to Abandon Isle into the snow-covered mountain, and slay the creature Yukon calls The Abominable. Abominable is moved to new koralia. Killed him and quest did not advance.

Yep, this quest was pretty messed up. Shouldn't have been included, actually, but as it was, I'll fix it and leave it in. Note that you can cancel this quest. If you somehow complete it, you won't be able to get it again through normal gameplay because it is not a repeatable quest.
    Last edited by Velea; January 29th, 2013 at 03:12 PM.

I also posted in blight test feedback about the skating rink.

I saw, but it's always better to put such notes in the update thread, just FYI.
    Last edited by Velea; January 29th, 2013 at 03:13 PM.

It has a counter on the gem chunks so it will not give you credit unless you loot them while quest is active. So if you have gem chunks in inventory and take quest it will not give credit for chunks in inv. OOPs forgot to quote previous post on this.

Yes, that's how the quest is supposed to behave. Not sure what you are saying the bug is here.
    Last edited by Velea; January 29th, 2013 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grodec View Post
    It has a counter on the gem chunks so it will not give you credit unless you loot them while quest is active. So if you have gem chunks in inventory and take quest it will not give credit for chunks in inv. OOPs forgot to quote previous post on this.

Yes, that's how the quest is supposed to behave. Not sure what you are saying the bug is here.
    If it has a counter you will have to go and gather 10 each time you take the quest. You will not be able to bring her 20 and do the quest twice as is implied by the text. Because the counter will not count the ones already in your inv it will only count the ones looted. My impression from quest text was that if I returned with 30 chunks I would get 3 Istarian Express Checks on turn in. it may not be a bug just misleading text. If the quest is intended to have you return to field each time then the text is misleading. If you are supposed to be able to bring more than the required 10 chunks and do the quest standing at Mrs untill you run out of chunks then the counter will not work. The Mayor Clause quest for the stone chunks does not have the same text and has counter so it is implied that you return to the field to get more each time.
    Last edited by Grodec; January 29th, 2013 at 10:07 PM.

The water is back on the lakes on Isle of Ice but I still can not gather any fish from the lakes. The fish spawn to deep and to far in the middle of the lake to be in range. Maybe a dock is needed.

Gnomekindle Tree Unbreakable Stone Ornaments. Sandstone golems do not drop ornaments with quest active. They do drop stone chunks for ornament making. Slate, Granite, Obsidian, and marble all drop ornaments and stone chunks for ornament making. Travertine drop chunks but not ornaments.

Travertine aren't supposed to drop anything, actually, as they're T6 golems.

You must have been having a run of really bad luck with the Sandstone Golems. I just took a wack at a Sandstone Golem with the quest active and got a blue ornament.

And thank you for all the testing you are doing with these quests, Grodec.
    Last edited by Velea; January 30th, 2013 at 07:48 PM.

I was able to get an ornament from the sandstone golems, tho it seemed kind of a rare drop.

The green cashier merchant does a 'say' in your main chat window rather than popping a 'tells you' window like the others.

No idea what's happening with the "Green" cashier. They are set up exactly the same across the board, so must be a client side issue.
    Last edited by Velea; February 4th, 2013 at 01:00 PM.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

The pop up for attune on equip is nice. But is there any way to have it just pop up if the item is not attuned? It gets old fast if you are using an attuned item and switching back and forth killing and gathering.

Good point. Letting the tech team know.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 1st, 2013 at 10:31 AM.

The description for chunk of stone for ornament making says:
    Return this item to in Gnomekindle Town on New Korelia and will make an ornament for the Gnomekindle tree.

His that missing someone's name between 'to' and 'in'? Also a he/she between 'and' and 'will'?

​Fixed
    Last edited by Velea; February 4th, 2013 at 01:05 PM.

I planned and built a skating rink on my plot at valley of repose. In planning it fit beautifully in a corner. When it popped it overlapped everything by a pretty good amount. Would be nice if finished footprint matched planning footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Marynah View Post
    I was able to get an ornament from the sandstone golems, tho it seemed kind of a rare drop.

The green cashier merchant does a 'say' in your main chat window rather than popping a 'tells you' window like the others.
    I've been hunting the sandstone golems for a while, and they drop at a steady rate, it's just that the pebble golems do not drop the ornaments but they do drop the chunks

Thank you for catching this. There was a difference between the regular and pebble golems.
    Last edited by Velea; February 4th, 2013 at 01:06 PM.

The skating rink appears to be using a footprint half the size of what is intended, in addition to the footprint having been rotated. This is a bug. The proper footprint size is more akin to the t3 and t4 ponds.
    Azulyte is a Dragon's best friend. Azulars on the other hand, are another matter entirely...

The ice wall archway at the top of the hill has the same problem as the rink.
    Also the Clause's house,. which was ok, isn't anymore.
    Did the peppermint quest. The counter is 0/1, but she wants 10, and it never told me I got any, but when i went back, I had them somehow.
    Last edited by Marynah; February 3rd, 2013 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marynah View Post
    The ice wall archway at the top of the hill has the same problem as the rink.
    Also the Clause's house,. which was ok, isn't anymore.
    Did the peppermint quest. The counter is 0/1, but she wants 10, and it never told me I got any, but when i went back, I had them somehow.
    Really don't know what you are saying is the problem with any of the structures. What does it mean "was ok but isn't any more"?

It would also really help if you included the name of the quest, as there are multiple quests that call for peppermints.

Well, they looked like houses a day or so ago. The arch wasn't there before the most recent change I patched in today. Now they look like a 3d structure with x y and z points on them, just like the skating rink.

As far as the quest, I'll have to look next time I log in. It was one of Mrs. Claus'.

Not sure what to tell you on the structures.... maybe clear your world cache folder? And try a full scan? They all look fine to me.
    Last edited by Velea; February 4th, 2013 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post

It would also really help if you included the name of the quest, as there are multiple quests that call for peppermints.
    Sweet Treats for Gnomekindle is the quest.

Figured out not only what happened but why and will get this fixed for the next update.
    Last edited by Velea; February 4th, 2013 at 10:52 AM.

I am unable to find the quests for the metal and the natural (wood) ornaments.
    I have tried with various alts of different ages and levels and still can't find them.
    Are they in the game yet or awaiting another delta?

I assure you they are in. Many players have given me feedback on them, so I'm sure they can be obtained.
    Last edited by Velea; February 4th, 2013 at 10:53 AM.

Thread Information