Thread: Access to the quest list data base

Default Access to the quest list data base

It would be nice to have access to the quest list data base. Some quest require you to have finished a previous quest and some become available when you reach a certain level and/or school.

I know there are wikis being created for most of the quests but they are incomplete and very few talk about quest lines and what is required.

Having been in game almost since the beginning I always amazed that there are quests that I did not know about and I am sure there are even more that I would like to take. Having Istaria (developers) give access to the quest lists and all the requirements would be a very helpful tool.

Thanks for any and all responses from the developers on this subject in advance.

Default Re: Access to the quest list data base

This has been asked for in the past and we have always denied the request. Part of the reason is that there is no way for us to allow access just quests, it would be an all or nothing proposition. And one of our big purposes for Istaria is that we want players to explore the world and discover quests, discover new areas, discover the content we provide as the game. This is a big, big part of Istaria, and thus providing a list of data defeats that purpose.

That being said, we have talked about a way where we could make available a list of quests that are currently available and the requirements. However it is not something we're prepared to release any time "soon", as right now we are still trying to get all quests revamped and into the NPC's quest book. And there are many quests which are currently not available for one reason or another, that we need to decide what to do with. So, give us some more time and at some point we hopefully will be able to release a complete list of quests with the basic requirements to start them.

Please don't make the game even more spoiled than it is now.

Seeing people levelling to 30 and then hanging 28 days at NT chatting nonsense waiting to be sponfed adult on a silver platter and in a completely simplified RoP is already enough.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I fail to see how can a list of quests and their prerequisites is "spoiling" the game.
    No one can force you to use that list if you don't want to while some of us would really love such a list.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I agree wholeheartedly with Northwind and Hoberton. I've asked for this before a number of times. Some folk do not have the time or inclination to play explorer. Some folk want to be able to see what quests are out there, and how to get to them. If someone doesn't want to see what there is, if they want to explore, no one is going to force them to go to a quest list. They can explore to their hearts content. I on the other hand, having been here for a VERY long time, I have absolutely no idea what all is out there anymore. And as such, I have not been playing much of late. I've even considered giving up on the game mostly for lack of things to do. I know there are plenty of quests and such out there that I have not done, but I have no clue where and how.

Give me a jumping off point, and I'm more than happy to actually do the quest on my own, without webpage help. It's the "Where do you start, and What pre-reqs are there" that is the stopping point.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Is there any chance that the Completed Quest window can expand on the quests and show something useful there?
    Even just the NPC text, that might give some ideas... Of course, if it were possible to show the reqs to start the quests, that of course would be best

And sorry Vah, while your point is made regarding dragons, for us heavily multiclassed peds, it's nigh impossible to know who gives out what quests and what school or level is required to pick it up. I can run through a town in any number of 28 adventure classes and still be surprised, which is no doubt wonderful sometimes, on other occassions I would just love to know what the heck I am still missing.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Something for the pending quests window to consider...

When you change schools and a quest is greyed out as a result, multi-school bipeds may appreciate a clue as to what school the quest was taken under, so they may change back with a minimum of fuss.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information