Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: February Content Update

Default February Content Update

The following updates and changes will be applied to Chaos and Order today, February 12th.

Gnomekindle Event

• Gnomekindle now has it's own permanent area on New Korelia. Gnomekindle Town has begun being rebuilt there and many of the familiar NPC's from previous years have moved there.
    • Added a new teleport pad that will take players close to Gnomekindle Town on New Korelia.
    • Many of the quests from previous year's Gnomekindle celebrations have been updated. Some of them are repeatable now but were not before. Repeatable quests are as follows:
      • Gnomekindle Tree Sparklies
      • Gnomekindle Tree Unbreakable Stone Ornaments
      • Hermey The Misfit Gnome
      • How Gnomekindle Came To Be (Lore Quest)
      • It's a Frightening World (for anyone with adventurer level 20 and up)
      • The Abominable Snow Beast (for anyone with adventurer level 20 and up)
      • Jolly Old Nicholas's destination quests
      • Metal Decorations on Every Gnomekindle Tree
      • More Sweet Treats for Gnomekindle (for bipeds only)
      • Natural Ornaments for a Gnomekindle Tree
      • Return for More Dragon Treats (for dragons only)
      • Traditions of Gnomekindle (Lore Quest)

• Many of the repeatable quests will give players a special ticket at the end of it. This ticket(called "Vote For...) will be counted after the Gnomekindle event is removed on each shard and a special surprise will appear at the next Gnomekindle event. Players should hold onto the stack of items that they want to have counted in the voting, and all others can be deleted.
    • Lair Murals for Gnomekindle now properly require a pattern to complete.
    • New structures for players to build have been added. Two new house designs were added, one with a snow covered roof and another with twinkling lights added. A skating pond has also been added as well as a series of ice walls for players to make their plots all "wintry".

Adventure
    • Forest Skulk Gatherer Finger now lists its proper usages.
    • Burris the Scout now offers Trophy quests through a simpler dialogue path.
    • Scroll "Raise Power V" now gives the proper buff.
    • Fixed the healing values on Minor Heal I scroll (they were reversed).
    • Jungle Crawler Gland and references to it are now known as the Jungle Crawler Soldier Gland.
    • These items now use a default resource icon: Fire Wolf Alpha Paw, Winter Wolf Alpha Paw, and Brownback Outlier Paw.
    • Son of Gigaroth now has more health, new abilities (similar to those of the Blighted Kwellen) and has acquired a posse.
    • Clap of Thunder now recycles every 90 seconds, but has a pre-delay (warm-up)
    • Elemental Arrow now has a 90 second recycle and has a range of 20 meters.
    • Kwellen Berserkers no longer receive the passive Parry ability.
    • Agh'kuk Chieftain, Agh'kuk Elite Warriors, and Agh'kuk Witch Doctor all now use the proper school.

Plot
    • Stone Flooring Decorative Square 20x40 and 30x30 have been replaced with the right models.
    • Stone Flooring Fancy Squares in 20x40 and 30x30 should no longer be the Fishbone pattern - it now has the correct texture.
    • Stone Flooring Sand now all use the correct unbuilt model.
    • Cotton Tapestries/Bolts were reversed (for skill and XP) on the Basic Guild Hall and have been corrected.

Quest
    • Quest "Learn to Make Dire Wolf Hide Grips" now properly gives you the Expert Animal Hide Processing formula instead of Journeyman and also makes no further mention of Maple Hide Tannin.
    • Quest "Learn to Make Dire Wolf Hide Grips" now allows you to have completed either of the "Hunting the Direst Wolves" quests (as a Ranger or Non-Ranger).
    • Quest "The Forest Skulk Threat II", the hidden step to loot the Odd Artifact will now become visible when you slay the Elder.
    • Made some steps in the quest Gaileach: The Myloc Queen (Part 2) into visible steps so players will have a better idea of what is needed in each step while doing the quest.

Tradeskill
    • Antidote formulas are now priced correctly.
    • Expert Heavy Round Shield now requires 2 Bloodskulk Soothsayer's Ears instead of 1 for the Tier 5 shield.
    • Johald the Outfitter Trainer on New Trismus once again has a full line of quests for those who qualify.
    • Updated the description of the Werewolf Bone to remove references to Techniques that don't use it.
    • Lesser Nix Beetle Carapace now properly lists Craft: Transmutation III and vice versa.
    • Fixed skill ranges and requirements of Master and Master Blighted formulas
    • Tool Dye Kits can now be applied to Dragon Claws
    • Fixed experience provided for Metal Bars on the Expert Excoriation formula so it is now consistent with the other formulas.

World
    • Harro now has a sandpile.
    • Elia now has a destination pad that can be accessed from portals that lead to settlements.
    • Falathien now has a sandpile and water well.
    • Removed one set of machines from the logging camp outside the Dalimond city walls.
    • Created lake surface on Isle of Ice
    • Fixed the name of the "Guild: Clearport" destination pad.
    • Added an additional Kenaf spawn south/southwest of Reed Lake.
    • Added a Cloth Factory near Reed Lake.
    • Brownback Wolves can now be found near Reed Lake.
    • Sheila's Haberdashery is now spelled properly
    • Attempted again to flatten completely a plot in Himeji.

KNOWN ISSUES

• The Gnomekindle Quest Enchanted Oats is bugged. This was reported in the Delta 236 thread and will be fixed with Delta 237.

Last edited by Velea; February 13th, 2013 at 11:27 AM.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Re: February Content Update

Sindala *squeel's in excitement at the mention of Gnomekindle returning*..................Slayvite *Roll's eye's and goes to sleep*

I can't wait to check out SoG. Hope it is a lot more challenging.

Im hopping they take a look at the epic loot he drops . Since the tech kits have been applied the demon claw is well now obsolete and the blood talon is not to far behind. EPIC weapons are supposed to OUTCLASS crafted stuff to a certain extent. with the arrival of the tech kits this delicate balance has been set off-kilter.

What i Propose is a Crystal that can CONFLICT with Fangs and Rage

and Crystals with simaler effects of all demon weapons for that matter
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

With regards to the "Metal Decorations on Every Gnomekindle Tree" quest, is this NPC with the others in the winter zone? I'm finding it difficult to spot it. The first three were simple enough to find.

Also, would the snowball formula be added to the mobs again? I'm tired of being the one who can't retaliate, hehe.
    Last edited by Kyala; February 12th, 2013 at 08:04 PM.
    Her Purpliness of Chaos, Kyala
    Big Goldy of Chaos, Orlaith
    Little hatchling of Order, Kaleith

Since Maintenance today - each time I log in (back in from crashing) - my camera is always set to first person - even after changing each time.

Decon do you only crash out of the game? Have you tried changing it then logging out properly? Maybe the crashing is preventing your changes from being saved.

Yes - After I crash, I log back in.. then I wait a few minutes then log out and then back in.
    I have been asked 2x to send a crash report after being kicked from the game, but who knows if that works since there in no msg after saying if it was successful or not.
    I used the troubleshoot features - full scan (that seems to have fixed the log in camera issue), and clear the world cache (love watching how long it takes port after doing that - not)

These sorts of bugs are not related to the Content Update, but to something with the game client. Please submit a support ticket for them so that someone from the tech team can take a look.
    Last edited by Velea; February 13th, 2013 at 11:29 AM.

Thought the Vault Keeper was doing you know what outside the building - lol
    It appears to be their shadow on the outside of the building

Unfortunately I can't tell where that Vaultkeeper is from the screenshot. He shouldn't be outside the building at all, and I'd like to move him, but will need a location.

horizons_1360732146.jpg
    Last edited by Velea; February 13th, 2013 at 11:28 AM.

i couldnt find any mobs or sparkling trees or anything other then a few npc's and some winterwolves who dropped nothing..i ran the whole island i misunderstand or was i bugged..plus you said 2 new building and there is but 1 and if you expect people to haul that stuff from 3 ports good luck on that since there does not appear to be any resources on the island.

Lillyjo, chao's server

The structures should have deltaed out as complete, not needing to be build. They are now completed on both Chaos and Order.
    Last edited by Velea; February 13th, 2013 at 04:08 PM.

Thank you for placing a sandpile in Harro.

Appreciate the port in pad being added to Elia. Cannot, however, find a gatekeeper anywhere in the settlement to attune to. Usually they stand right next to the pad, but I'm not seeing one.

Thaalia of Order

I don't suppose it would be possible to make the ornament quests such that we could bring in a load of the chunks to get a bunch of the tokens at once? Traveling back and forth every 10 is rather wearisome... I'd bring a diskload of 'em in at once if I could have them count.

I do like that loot during the quest gives ornaments too. :-) I even got a new Christmas rose in one of my presents! *buries nose in the bloom and inhales deeply of the sweet scent*

Also, don't know why, but the cashiers (all except green), Mayor Clause and Hermey the Misfit Gnome are grey/silver save for their hair. Mrs. Clause looks lovely, and Yukon Cornelius and Ignatius appear to be their normal selves. I'm thinking of tinkering special goggles with a pinwheel of gems for lenses so that we can look at them through the right color to see how they should look... *scribbles in [Journal of Copious Notes]*
    Last edited by awdz; February 16th, 2013 at 04:01 PM.

i would have to agree with Awdz .. if we could bring back a disc load of chunks it would make it a whole less wearisome . i would be incline to do more questing and gathering ornaments

Yes to Terrox and Awdz suggestion to reduce travel frustration. Such a change would allow players who have limited play time available to have a more meaningful participation in Gnomekindle.

Knossos

Have been busy with the new winter-polt structures, so a I`m a bit late:
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH DEVS FOR THAT
    thanks for listening to our wishes
    all looks so beautiful
    it was worth rebuilding our plot in Acul a bit.

I also like much whats going on in NK.
    (but I agree with Awdz , terrox and Knossos)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

well i too will join in with the Congratulations on another epic update

The only thing that would make this awesome is if you would put one of these type of crystals in each level present with drops smiler to the dcom the classes of crystal are Sergent , Misty , and Veteran or valcor bits something that's not seen every day and is useful. I tried the winter event ... it was OK but there was not a true goal to the Kindle this year so after 3 days i stopped going out there

the Plot stuff i can only say its for a biped and that's something i just don't play on sure i have them but there mules or ways i can still hang with my friends if sub goes out .

there is just no reward for the true hard core warriors ... I dont know i might be wrong

Ps what do the winter roses do or are they Junk as well ?
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    I don't suppose it would be possible to make the ornament quests such that we could bring in a load of the chunks to get a bunch of the tokens at once? Traveling back and forth every 10 is rather wearisome... I'd bring a diskload of 'em in at once if I could have them count.
    Voting No for this idea, the chunks are for the special quest (ie, the special for next years Gnomekindle) they should take extra work to prove you put the effort in and not just farmed a field for far to long, which you can do for the ornaments already.

The one thing I would ask is does this 'special' quest take Tier into account? As it's a lot harder to get 10 chunks from marble golems than it is from Sandstone but they both finish the quest? so do you get more 'merit' from handing in the marble chunks than the sandstone chunks? Same for the other 2.

Thanks for putting Gnomekindle in for us! I haven't had a chance to participate since the first year it was in.

I do have a couple questions. My lv100 ancient dragon on Order isn't offered "The Abominable Snow Beast" though I did complete that quest the first year the event was here. And nobody offers me "Metal Decorations on Every Gnomekindle Tree". Is my character bugged or am I missing something obvious?

Hmm... Originally, the metal ornaments were given by Roonwinkle (I think?) in New Rachival; perhaps he is still the one for that?

Not sure who you are talking about, but all the quests for Gnomekindle are from the NPC's on New Korelia in the Gnomekindle Town area.
    Last edited by Velea; February 21st, 2013 at 10:34 PM.

Thread Information