Thread: Stabilize 1st Person View

Default Stabilize 1st Person View

I know anyone who's played a Dragon knows how hard it can be to click around it. It can get so aggravating to be trying to select something that's 20 m away and STILL get yourself! I have to totally turn the camera around so I'm looking into my Dragon's face in order to click on things, like mobs (even large ones like golems sometimes), that can get right up next to him or even under him. It takes a moment to turn the camera, and then click on the mob, and I'm lucky if I can select it without using 'select nearest enemy'. It just shouldn't have to be such an effort to select a mob/corpse/node. 'Select nearest enemy' has been a lifesaver, but there is no 'select nearest resource node' or 'select next corpse'. So, I'm in 1st person a lot in order to select things. Problem is that when in combat, the view is bobbing and weaving around so much that it's about impossible to loot, or select a particular bad guy, in group mob situations. You can't click on anything and the only way to see smaller mobs, skinny mobs, or mobs that mostly disappear into the ground (leaving only a tiny something to select to loot it) is in 1st person view. So, I end up losing loot because the corpse disappears before things settle down enough to loot, and/or corpses are piled on top of each other and I can't tell what's what.

So, is it possible to make some kind of stable, smooth view for 1st person, without having your character end up just standing there with all combat/spell/damage associated movements turned off?

Thanks!
    Aramous' and Jazmynn's Handler

Of course, 'select nearest node' and 'select next corpse' would be nice additions too. Or even an auto loot option so it just auto loots each kill as they fall. Would have to auto turn off when in Group to prevent ninja looting, of course.

Default Re: Stabilize 1st Person View

i think you can hotkey to select nearest corpse and loot nearest corpse~

but a select resource node...i would fall in love with such a function!

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    i think you can hotkey to select nearest corpse and loot nearest corpse~
    Okay, I've tried everything, and can't figure out how. The select nearest or next corpse tells me that there is no player named nearest corpse.. etc, and I've tried several variations of this. Now to loot you can put in just /loot.. which can be hotkeyed yes...but you can't put in /loot nearest/next corpse, it will respond with Too many parameters.. so /loot doesn't help with selecting the corpse. So, if you have a way to select nearest or especially next corpse, please tell me how? Now you can use the /select <name of corpse> to select it.. but that's not real helpful unless it's a boss.
    Last edited by Jazmyn; February 13th, 2013 at 07:14 PM. Reason: to specify next corpse is the more helpful option

make a macro as in:
    /snc
    /loot

Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

the command is /snc then add line and move to /loot command and add line as well on hotkey macro

/snc is select next corpse

Unless it has changed (I haven't bothered in probably over a year) use /snc to select nearest corpse, /cnc to cycle through nearest corpse list.

/snc now cycles through the corpses. So the aforementioned macro does the job nicely.

But... somehow it gets you to the newest corpse last.
    So to loot in a growing pile of copses it gets to:
    kill 1st mobb, press macro (the one mentioned above), loot all.
    then kill 2nd mob and macro, macro, loot all.
    then 3rd mob killed and you have to macro macro macro loot all.
    6th mob... you guessed: macro, macro, macro, macro, macro, macro-macro (********, over-clicked it, pff), macro macro macro macro macro loot all.

funneh
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Thanks guys! The /snc worked nicely and like Northwind said, it cycled through. /cnc did not do anything though.

I would still like the bobbing around in 1st person view to stop though.

And, I still want cabinets to put my crystals and little stuff in for my houses, and a trophy case! 8)

But at least I wont keep losing loot now! There isn't a /select next silo is there? =D
    Last edited by Jazmyn; February 13th, 2013 at 07:40 PM. Reason: to add last line

erm... you can use scalepacks as cabinets. Marble ones work nicely. And also help things stay organised

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    erm... you can use scalepacks as cabinets. Marble ones work nicely. And also help things stay organised

yeah, but that just adds another item to my inventory/vault whatever.. I wanted it as separate storage.. as I said, like a Library, but smaller. I'm kinda Tired of huge buildings that store tiny amounts. T2 Library should have been a basket that you could put stuff in, sitting on the GH front landing! LOL! 50 forms?! Give me a break! Oh, but you can have what.. a 100.. of each? *groans*

Quote Originally Posted by Jazmyn View Post
    I would still like the bobbing around in 1st person view to stop though.
    Check the camera tab in the options window. There's a few first-person settings there. You probably want to play with "Active Head Movement Always" and "Active Head Movement In Combat Only".
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Thank you Steelclaw, that fixed the problem. I used to know all this, but it's been 7 years since I played. Which probably makes me the oldest newbie in the game! LOL

Thanks Again Folks

With the /snc command, is there a way to add it to the action list for the hotkey macro options, the way select nearest enemy and select next player are there? I used to have all this stuff on my old PC that I played Horizons on years ago, but without all those old notes and my old interface setup, I feel like a newbie here. It would make things easier for the real newbies if these things were more out in the open and not hidden.

Thank You

Thread Information