Thread: Something that seems to be a bit of a secret amongst the players of this game...

Default Something that seems to be a bit of a secret amongst the players of this game...

Progression for your character is .... (shock, horror) GATED! Yes, sorry to rain on your parade boys and girls but if you're not levelled up and equipped correctly things like withered aegis mobs, RoP/ARoP mobs can and wqill turn you into a squichy little mess in no time flat.

Asking people to kill things for you / do things for you etc and not doing the work yourself is just a quick way to burnout and uninstalling the client.

Do yourselves a favour, put in the effort and listen to the advice of the people who have been playing this game since release. There are a few of us about and we do know what we're on about.
    GameGrin.com News monkey
    Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me....

Default Re: Something that seems to be a bit of a secret amongst the players of this game...

Listen to what Dagda says.

Best way to become a respected member of this community.

Only way
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: Something that seems to be a bit of a secret amongst the players of this game...

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post

Only way
    Hardly the only way, nor necessarily is it always the best way. Someone capable of figuring things out for themselves will easily earn my respect.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dagda View Post
    Progression for your character is .... (shock, horror) GATED! Yes, sorry to rain on your parade boys and girls but if you're not levelled up and equipped correctly things like withered aegis mobs, RoP/ARoP mobs can and wqill turn you into a squichy little mess in no time flat.

Asking people to kill things for you / do things for you etc and not doing the work yourself is just a quick way to burnout and uninstalling the client.

Do yourselves a favour, put in the effort and listen to the advice of the people who have been playing this game since release. There are a few of us about and we do know what we're on about.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post

Only way
    I second what Dagda and Lovwyrm said. It doesn't hurt for a community of players to be warm, welcoming, friendly and helpful without necessarily meaning to do everything for a player while this one sits down and yawns.
    I am glad most of the game community is made of friendly, open,... respected members and this kind of players earn my respect.

It depends which server board I think is which.

I agree with Dagda. I actually watched someone quit after getting to level 7 because no one would level them to 100, after whining the game was "too hard".

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    Hardly the only way, nor necessarily is it always the best way. Someone capable of figuring things out for themselves will easily earn my respect.
    I also second that. Anyone willing to do something on their own or at least display the amount of intelligence required for maneuvering around problems and accepting advice will certainly earn my respect as well.

I'm always out there to help new players and create gear for them (I usually have some stockpiled anyways) and maybe log on an alt for a bit of the buddy system with quests, though!

A player who earns my respect is kind - i'll be happy to craft scale sets and such if someone asks nicely, they give an effort - i'll help hatchlings on their rites no trouble...so long as they atleast try to do things themselves and put an effort in, they listen to advice and try to figure things out themselves first.
    even new players earn my respect by just showing a bit of intelligence and courtesy~

Thread Information