Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valkor loot tables

Exclamation Valkor loot tables

Could Valkor please not have a chance to not drop one of his pieces/forms? (Apologies for the double negative)
    Group killed him last night and he dropped some junk, hoard and t6 forms, but no weapon piece or any of the forms required to re-create said weapons. Was very disappointing
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Default Re: Valkor loot tables

or let him spawn every 30 min.

All other is inacceptable
    (no loot and respawn unknown)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Basically the same happens for SoG too... you pound him for 30-40 minutes and he drops 3x T6 crystals and 2x T6 hoard items? Seriously?
    I agree that this happening to Valkor/Reklar is worse.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

With Sog, the no-weapon-drop was added because the chance of his rare loot was increased, so I can swallow that, but Valkor! Come on....

Sorry to derail the thread, but when did that happen? Asking because in the last 4 months I ended up with a ton of spears/mauls/axes and only one Demongii and one Claw. Also a ton of frustration due to no drops - i'd estimate the SoG no drop chance somewhere around 15%
    So what "increase chance" to drop his rare loot you're talking about?
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I'm gonna say maybe a year or more... quite a while. His sword was about 1/200... now it's more like 1/50. Struggling to find any reference to it though, sorry.

Originally Sog only had about 1 in 4 chance of dropping any weapon/large hide, and the actual weapon drops were more even between them. Was actually, likely easier then to get something than it is now. Not sure how I feel about that yet. But the fight definitely takes longer. So if the chance to drop the items are more evenly distributed now, i.e. it's about the same chance for a sword to drop as an axe, then him not dropping something every time is fine. but if the drop rate is still 20:1 in favor of the axe/spike vs the sword/bow/staff, that's just annoying. It wasn't so bad when they could at least be hoarded, but now they cannot be hoarded any longer...

Valkor's timer is only 1 hour. I don't know what the chance to get nothing is, but it hasn't happened to me yet so it is probably semi-low. So it may be fine as is.

Reklar, who even cares? The only item worth a ******** is the belt, the rest is trash. And even the Belt's effect doesn't stack with other evasion buffs... Tailscale that is supposed to be for casters but INCREASES incoming spell damage from undead (who are already more than efficient at killing dragons with endless stuns, atrophies, and dispells) ? really? it's crap. And hunts for Reklar are more difficult to organize, need dragons and peds both, plus a supply of shards. and for what: cursed tail, cursed cudgel, chakram which barely heals for the damage done and does low damage (heals for 50% of dmg done, 5% of the time), shield that's beaten by both the ceremonial and by a crafted shield with blackhammer tech. The sash which has a chance to increase evasion is the only desired item, and with all this other junk dropping, good luck getting one built.

Suggestions:
    The caster tail:
    reduce incoming damage from undead for both melee and spell damage (not increase it).
    add melee stats, tooth and claw +75, strength +100 (match the spellcasters stats) so it has more all around use. a caster only tail, when dragons are not and never will be a good caster, is pointless.
    add a %chance to stun/debuff the target. Perhaps add the Adventure: Dismissal tech to the tailscale. Another choice would be to add a %chance to land the same debuffs on our targets that reklar uses on us.

Doing the above will make this a desired item (finally), and give dragons a reason to hunt Reklar. This is first step in ensuring everyone who wants to hunt him, can find willing Dragons (needed to be able to kill him).

Similiar improvements to the rest of his items needs made as well:
    Tower Shield: (1 or more of the following changes recommended)
    perhaps give it more block skill, more armor
    perhaps increase the 1 hand melee skill values
    perhaps give it an open tech slot, so that drag-to-apply techs like the blackhammer tech could be used, or a socket tech.
    perhaps give it an armor socket, so bipeds who use it can make use of some newer armor crystals such as darkstaffs or the saris stone of friendship.

Chakram:
    increase the damage done
    increase the +one hand slash skill value
    increase the healing done and/or the % chance
    add a chance to proc some effect, maybe something like the demonbane spikes effect which debuffs the target.

Other suggestion threads on some of these same issues:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...e-Valkor-Items

Making some improvements will make the items desired. This in turn will make Reklar hunts something people want to participate in. This in turn will keep people playing longer, trading with each other, interacting, making friends, building more sense of accomplishment and community. (big plus, people playing longer = more subs and/or longer subs)

This is something that dev's could quickly and easily fix...
    Last edited by Guaran; February 21st, 2013 at 06:09 PM.

Thank you for that post , Guaran.
    As usual, your input is intelligent, competent and well balanced.
    And much appreciated*bows*

I'm happy to contribute

This is a possibility that I would prefer: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...e-Collectibles
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I do not!
    Not then, not today.

My reply to that suggestion:
    Like Dak said, new stuff, not old stuff. Old stuff that was never implemented would ok to make use of though (such as kickers in some fashion and dismissal)

Giving out old items because you think that's what people want is the wrong way. They are desired because they are rare. When they aren't rare, they won't be as desired. So you squish the desirability by giving them to everyone, but haven't made the game more fun to play, the hunts more fun to participate in, so what's the point? Everyone gets them and then what? What else is there that they will desire? Nothing. That's a dead end road.

Which I think still holds. And has no bearing on the point of my original suggestions. Your dev post is mostly about changing the way the items are obtained. Amon's own response:
    Think its pretty clear that Valkor, SoG, and Reklar items won't be included in this. For the record, neither will Boar's Hide or DCOM.

Steering this back on the topic of my suggestion: Why will anyone bother with epic hunts if the weapons (especially Reklar's stuff) are sub-par?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Why will anyone bother with epic hunts if the weapons (especially Reklar's stuff) are sub-par?
    I cannot speak for everyone else, but I know after almost a decade, I simply want them for their rarity. However, I do enjoy using Sog's weapons. I know, as Ranger, I would likely still use the Demon Flurry over the Bloodthorn Bow, and as Druid, probably stick with the Demon Staff over the Bloodthorn Staff; though I could not say for certain until I actually have Valkor's weapons to test against Sog's

But, but, but, not to be the annoying child... Can Valkor pretty please always drop a weapon piece or form, please?

In the spirit of the discussion, given how long we have ALL been harping on about this... surely there has to be some changes implemented... Some simple changes would be to increase the stat/skill buffs they give to at least match T6 xtals/weapons and up the chance for their respective bonuses to 15% (or something arguably better than 3/5%... the one(s) with 3% are ridiculously low).

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    This is a possibility that I would prefer: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...e-Collectibles
    I could deal with that so long as it was the epic mobs only.

for the most part, with the acception of the tail scale the endgame epic items off of valkor, SoG, and reklar are pretty useless for me to use on my spellcasting dragon.

However on my biped there are plenty of nice items that I find very useful and excellent. If nothing else they are collectible just to say I have them.

I have to say the drop rate is alot better than I remember it, but I do agree all that effort to get a party together, which is difficult in itself, and go fight an epic mob to get nothing takes the fun out completely out of it. It might be easier to get parties together for epic mobs if the loot was worth it and if it was guaranteed a drop of some kind.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    In the spirit of the discussion, given how long we have ALL been harping on about this... surely there has to be some changes implemented... Some simple changes would be to increase the stat/skill buffs they give to at least match T6 xtals/weapons and up the chance for their respective bonuses to 15% (or something arguably better than 3/5%... the one(s) with 3% are ridiculously low).
    To be fair there have been some small damage increases made to the Blood Talon and the Demon Claw. Both used to be 50 to 75 damage range, and now they are 75-100 (demon claw) and I think 100-130 for the Blood Talon (crafted claws are 46-67). A nice small step the dev's made. No Need to make a huge change all at once, small steps followed by gauging the improvement is fine. A bit more can still be done to these claws imho.

But before you think this made them way better, you have to understand how the weapon damage done is calculated. Obviously when you gold rage you get a big number 500 700 650 etc. which doesn't seem to directly correlate to the damage ranges on a claw. Their seems to be a base damage amount done, then + 2x(random amount between the damage ranges). For plain autoattacks there seems to be a base damage + (random amount between the damage ranges). And the base damage doesn't come from the claw but from the t&c skill, strength skill, etc. For example my plain autoattacks do about 150 to 250 damage, and it varies depending on the claw a bit. Crafted is on the lower half of the range, blood talon towards the higher end. So there's approximately +50 damage added to attacks when using the blood talon vs crafted. But this amount is exceeded by crafted claws when you add say Blood Forged into the mix. Dev's know the exact formula's I would guess.

I still believe that the Reklar item's need improved. The Demon weapons are better (I have been using the staff/bow on the ped). The Blood Bow could use the delay being lowered to be about what a shortbow has (26 to 28ish). That alone might make it better. It's too slow as it is. (I think it has 40 or 50 delay, when most bows are around 30ish)

The idea about the pieces/shards whatever that get turned into an NPC... I don't think these need to be easier to get. They do need to be desired. And for that to happen, they need improved. I am referring to the Reklar/Valkor weapons. Demon stuff is fairly decent. (fix the Axe's dot to be AOE again though, please).

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    To be fair there have been some small damage increases made to the Blood Talon and the Demon Claw. Both used to be 50 to 75 damage range, and now they are 75-100 (demon claw) and I think 100-130 for the Blood Talon (crafted claws are 46-67). A nice small step the dev's made. No Need to make a huge change all at once, small steps followed by gauging the improvement is fine. A bit more can still be done to these claws imho...
    Looks like I mis-remembered the adjustments to the claws. Demonclaw is still 50-75, but I think it had the strength and t&c upped (now +120 strength, +100t&c), the Bloodtalon's damage range was increased, it's 75-101. These both could still use a bit of improvement. For the demonclaw, let the effect last 10 seconds instead of 5. For the Bloodtalon have it cast ethereal leech VI and up the t&c and str values (which are currently only at +30 each). Both of these claws, even with the existing improvements, are beaten by crafted. We want players to want to hunt the epic bosses.

I again agree to 100%, Guaran.

Its a "no go" in my eyes, if some uber-players agree to help with esp. this epic hunt
    (just to do me or xyz a personal favour)-
    but refuse to participate on boss hunts in general, cause they "do not need that junk loot"

I love the hunts as group events- but can`t remember, when I "randomed" last time.
    I do not need that..^^

I didn't want to make a new thread, yet, but I would like to add Reklar to the list of of epic mobs that really should drop a piece or form every time please! As it has been mentioned, and now doubt exponentially harder on Order, but the effort required to get a group organised and to be successful is not currently being met by the rewards, but I will persevere In the meantime, could you lovely devs please change Reklar's and Valkor's loot tables to ensure a piece or form is dropped every kill So, if you could get right on that, that'd be awesome, k, thanks
    Last night the only thing blasted Reklar dropped was one (ONE!!) lousy hoard piece, most disappointing. You can't even divide the loot up.

One, just one, thornwood wood strip from Reklar today... Am I just whinging to a brick wall about this lack of loot?

I agree wholeheartedly with you hallucin8! Getting a good enough group together to take down Valkor or Reklar really ought to be rewarded with a weapon/armor/repair formula piece every time. As other posters have mentioned, the usefulness of most of the epic items is dubious at best. In addition, you have to be the highest roller to get the drop (actually never happened for my unlucky Helian lol), and go on to win all the other pieces & the repair formula for that item. Given how long the process can take for each "collector appeal" item, it is ridiculously frustrating for the epic mob to be sans epic loot piece.

Thread Information