Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 237-238 Discussion

Default Blight Update 237-238 Discussion

Use this thread to discuss changes and features contained within Blight Update 237 as well as Blight 338.
    Last edited by Velea; March 7th, 2013 at 06:18 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Update 237

Was going to say ... HU ?!?!!?!?! thanks vel for catching this quickly logging in blight as soon as i can

would it not make more scene to add this to the crystal sharper trainer in dralk with the lairshaper trainer ?
    Last edited by lightning claw; March 1st, 2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: added a suggestion
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Default Re: Blight Update 237

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Was going to say ... HU ?!?!!?!?! thanks vel for catching this quickly logging in blight as soon as i can

would it not make more scene to add this to the crystal sharper trainer in dralk with the lairshaper trainer ?
    She is only in Sslanis during this testing period. With the final update she'll be relocated to her final "official" location inside the Fiery Rift.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Update 237 Discussion

Sent a couple toons down to Aiya. Took the Aiya quest, and there was no text to do anything so I looked in the quest log, and the quest was listed, but it did not open to show text. I took the Elia quest, and it displaced the Aiya quest in the log. I completed this quest and when I checked the portal, I found that the Aiya quest had completed too.
    Blight: Kaylee, Marynah, others
    Guildmistress, Crafters of Blight
    Chaos: Demmona, Bankshot, others
    Co-Guildmistress, Mithril Council

Bought some inspirations. When used, there's no indication it's active, like in the buffs box. Killed some skellies, then went to ED and toasted some blight hounds, kwellens, and friends, and never got anything to drop. Not sure if I was using them right or not since there was no visual clue they were active.

•Settlement: Aiya pad now requires attunement.
    •Moved the Gatekeeper from Falathien to near the bridge at Aiya. He now offers a "free" attunement to Aiya, but requires a little leg-work to attune to Falathien and Elia. His appearance is now altered to look less like a clone. He is also now known as Aikhar the Seer.
    •Quest "Attunement: Falathien" now requires you to kill Sand Scarabs to gain attunement.
    Seriously? You are going to gate an attunement to a settlement on Falathien Island which has tier 1 resources on it to killing level 70 something mobs? Sand scarabs are level 71-74. This will also gate anyone wanting to even get to Aiya (the only way there is through Morning Light) to being high enough level to run through all the high level mobs that are on every road leading to Morning Light.

Please, please rethink all this attunement nonsense.

Istaria has always been a sandbox game. Any level player can go anywhere and explore, craft and enjoy the wonders of the world. It is slowly being turned into a themepark where we are herded from Spirit Isle to New Trismus to Lesser Aradoth and confined to those places in a linear line that leaves no room for imagimation or exploration.

The whole purpose of plots and building things is to ultimately get to the point where you can build whatever you want wherever you want. And by wherever has meant that your low level alts, guildmates and shardmates can also get to the plots you have chosen.

I have spent the last year moving all my plots from Aughundell to Morning Light. One of the main reasons I chose Morning Light was that Aiya has always been a non-attuned settlement to port to. That meant that anyone on the shard, no matter their level, could port to Aiya and run across the bridge to Morning Light and attune there to be able to use my tavern and expert shops and tier 6 pawnbroker. I also added another plot in Falathien with all expert shops and 26 public silos for the same reason.

Now, all that work that I have done is being negated by a gate being put into the game forcing players to have to run past level 80 something mobs to get to Morning Light and cross the bridge to Aiya and then having to kill mobs that are lvl 70 something to even be able to port to these settlements. How sad.

Please change this back to the way it has been for years. A simple gatekeeper in Elia and Falathien with no mob killing requirement is sufficient. And no gatekeeper in Aiya so it can serve as a hub to get to the other pads to attune.

Thaalia of Order

Some really nice points there, Holth. Well said.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Marynah View Post
    Bought some inspirations. When used, there's no indication it's active, like in the buffs box. Killed some skellies, then went to ED and toasted some blight hounds, kwellens, and friends, and never got anything to drop. Not sure if I was using them right or not since there was no visual clue they were active.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "no visual indicator". You get a buff when you use the ability just like you would with any other ability that provides a buff. In the case of Inspire Apathy I, for example, you get a buff Inspired Apathy I (note the slight difference in spelling).

Can't tell you more specifically as you didn't give me much in the way of specifics to go on.

When I used the item, nothing happened. I did not get a buff. I was expecting to see something in the box where like road bonus shows up and it didn't. This is on a biped, which if I read it right, should not matter.

Please be specific. When you use what? What level character are you on? You said biped, so that helps. But without my knowing what you are doing, I can't replicate or offer any suggestions.

Also, please make sure that you are fully patched to Blight server because there are new icons and such that would be patched out with recent updates which would include ones for Crystalshaper school.

Quote Originally Posted by Holth View Post
    Seriously? You are going to gate an attunement to a settlement on Falathien Island which has tier 1 resources on it to killing level 70 something mobs? Sand scarabs are level 71-74. This will also gate anyone wanting to even get to Aiya (the only way there is through Morning Light) to being high enough level to run through all the high level mobs that are on every road leading to Morning Light.

Please, please rethink all this attunement nonsense.

Istaria has always been a sandbox game. Any level player can go anywhere and explore, craft and enjoy the wonders of the world. It is slowly being turned into a themepark where we are herded from Spirit Isle to New Trismus to Lesser Aradoth and confined to those places in a linear line that leaves no room for imagimation or exploration.

The whole purpose of plots and building things is to ultimately get to the point where you can build whatever you want wherever you want. And by wherever has meant that your low level alts, guildmates and shardmates can also get to the plots you have chosen.

I have spent the last year moving all my plots from Aughundell to Morning Light. One of the main reasons I chose Morning Light was that Aiya has always been a non-attuned settlement to port to. That meant that anyone on the shard, no matter their level, could port to Aiya and run across the bridge to Morning Light and attune there to be able to use my tavern and expert shops and tier 6 pawnbroker. I also added another plot in Falathien with all expert shops and 26 public silos for the same reason.

Now, all that work that I have done is being negated by a gate being put into the game forcing players to have to run past level 80 something mobs to get to Morning Light and cross the bridge to Aiya and then having to kill mobs that are lvl 70 something to even be able to port to these settlements. How sad.

Please change this back to the way it has been for years. A simple gatekeeper in Elia and Falathien with no mob killing requirement is sufficient. And no gatekeeper in Aiya so it can serve as a hub to get to the other pads to attune.

Thaalia of Order
    I have to completely disagree with your suggestion.

I have always been against the "automatic" attunement to some of the newer pads on Trandalar and elsewhere.

Players should be encouraged to get out and explore, not give them every port right off the bat.

A level 1 player CAN make it from Aughundell to Morning Light, I have done so many times in the past to Morning Light, Harro, elsewhere.

All the "free/open" ports to Trandalar and elsewhere should be made unavailable and gatekeepers put in, or quests added to the existing gatekeepers in the Valley of Repose. A really fun run to the teleporter at the top of the tower of sorcery, and the subsequent quests all became completely sidestepped when they put in the open Trandalar ports. Such a shame.

As far as the quests go, that require killing lvl 70 mobs, well, they can still use the Aiya landing pad at any level without doing this quest. I don't see the big deal.

Your "work" on t6 shops is not invalidated, the shops still work just fine as soon as the player gets there. Attunement to Morning Light is as simple as greeting the gatekeeper.

When I used the item, nothing happened. I did not get a buff. I was expecting to see something in the box where like road bonus shows up and it didn't. This is on a biped, which if I read it right, should not matter.

Please be specific. When you use what? What level character are you on? You said biped, so that helps. But without my knowing what you are doing, I can't replicate or offer any suggestions.

Also, please make sure that you are fully patched to Blight server because there are new icons and such that would be patched out with recent updates which would include ones for Crystalshaper school.
    All sorted, thanks for your help!

Default Crystal shaper feedback

Please only use this thread to post Congratulations to the devs on this school bugs suggestions (with reasons ) and Respectfully tweak others ideas Only feed back of the crystal shaper school please so the devs have quick access

Ill start
    First off I would like to thank the Istarian development team for this awesome expansion on dragon trade skills.
    This is going to be a Non bias review of the school for constructive criticism, Bug reports and suggestions

Buying ability’s It was perhaps a misconception on my end but I always thought ability’s was Level achieved and where under the path c-ability’s-Drag and drop to hotkey bar or by questing not bought form a vendor .
    Pros It is a way to control some of the inflation but prices for most have never been ridiculously high for anything Your community is not that financially driven its more on the barter and favors system. Like the Pioneer days.
    Cons: Money sink
    Possible effects: this could shift the new generation to a financially driven economy instead of the current system in game.
    Forms: Forms for new schools are typically given out via quest not bought well not beginner and j man anyway.
    Icons could use some work they look like Portable spell scrolls of Healing.
    Very little questing so far It is my understanding that this will be added in later but typically a occasion like this from a historical standpoint when adding to dragons there always long quest I loved the fact that when lair shaping schools where introduced that it had a rich story line, time sink quest, and even areas to practice in the skill for the empire. ( Ie the fallen Cave where one obtains Primal boon )
    Pros Enhanced story line
    Cons Delay in development and implementation of this school.
    Possible effects : Due to the Lack of instruction from the trainer Confusion of what ability’s the new generation should get Tire .
    Suggestion : It might be a good idea to go throw quest to understand each inspiration and at the end of each quest you get the ability’s you can keep the price idea it can work make it like vault upgrades. But you also get the story line and follow Istarian historical standpoints
    Buying of the Inspirations.
    Icons are way wrong. They use a bronze coffer I am currently working on a set of icons for you to approve reject or tweak at your own discretion

The following combat statistics are based off 2 hours 20 minutes of Hunting t 5 wa out side doom town 20 mins will be spent off each shard to measurer drop rate

When the Inspiration of emotions are active all damage is immune meaning you cannot attack
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Default Re: Crystal shaper feedback

First, thank you for writing up your feedback and doing an initial test of the school.

RE: Buying Abilities
    The idea here is that the Abilities are not solely for Dragons or Crystalshapers. They are for Dragons AND bipeds and thus cannot be tied to a school, but must be purchased.

RE: Buying Formulas
    I dislike quest-given formulas that form the core of a school. I prefer to give formulas as rare things. These will be purchased so that players can choose which ones they want to buy and when. And if they mistakenly delete something, they can re-acquire it easily. Besides, money sinks are good.

RE: Lack of Quests
    As we said in the notes, the Quests are still in progress and as such weren't part of this update. The school wont' go live without them. We just wanted to get players testing and providing feedback on the core of the school and mechanics before worrying about forcing players to do quests and a new zone first.

RE: Icons
    For which items do you think the icons are wrong? "Icons are wrong" is very broad since there are many pieces of Crystalshaper, including abilities, ability boxes, slivers, formulas, shards, crystals and buffs.

When the Inspiration of emotions are active all damage is immune meaning you cannot attack

I have no idea what you mean by this at all. Please explain.

It depends which server board I think is which.

I believe they meant that when the Inspiraton of Emotions ability is activate, then whatever you're attacking is immune to all damage... or you just cannot attack in general.

I found you have to use the right inspiration for the mob or you get the invulnerable message. Try changing which ability you are using on the mob. Don't know but there may be a case where none of them are applicable, but I have not had that happen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post

RE: Buying Abilities
    The idea here is that the Abilities are not solely for Dragons or Crystalshapers. They are for Dragons AND bipeds and thus cannot be tied to a school, but must be purchased.
    how bout a Vault upgrade type quest for all of them to Harness the emotions . Just an idea kinda like vault Upgrade mixed mixed with questing that way it can elaborate on the emotions

RE: Buying Formulas
    I dislike quest-given formulas that form the core of a school. I prefer to give formulas as rare things. These will be purchased so that players can choose which ones they want to buy and when. And if they mistakenly delete something, they can re-acquire it easily. Besides, money sinks are good.
    agreed

RE: Lack of Quests
    As we said in the notes, the Quests are still in progress and as such weren't part of this update. The school wont' go live without them. We just wanted to get players testing and providing feedback on the core of the school and mechanics before worrying about forcing players to do quests and a new zone first.
    I understand this but it also made it fairly confusing as what i needed to buy I thought they where 1 shot items and i wound up buying 10 of each due to i dint know which version i should get .

RE: Icons
    For which items do you think the icons are wrong? "Icons are wrong" is very broad since there are many pieces of Crystalshaper, including abilities, ability boxes, slivers, formulas, shards, crystals and buffs.
    in my original post i did not know that they poped up in the ability screen Upon use they do give a buff in the enhancement bar but i was messing around with icons of the items and i found some entreating icons that i am tweaking for example Fear should be the some what similar to the Val Icon Dragon fear Peace i am making a golden coffer for. Rage some what of an exploding flame there suggestions but the Forms look as i stated Healing scrolls .

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    I believe they meant that when the Inspiraton of Emotions ability is activate, then whatever you're attacking is immune to all damage... or you just cannot attack in general.
    Correct when the abilty are active i can not damage any blight with any of my blighted damage conversion claws . Primal attack also dose not work .horizons_1362180852.jpg

I found you have to use the right inspiration for the mob or you get the invulnerable message. Try changing which ability you are using on the mob. Don't know but there may be a case where none of them are applicable, but I have not had that happen so far.
    Interesting ... would like word if this is true form what the abilitys say semi intelligent withered ages i went to out side doom town and was quickly slaughtered then i went to One of the islands and same result... it would seem very cumbersome and painful to use this new school (what i call a shinny new toy ) because of the time it takes to remove the buff heal ect i hunt in dense areas i honestly do not have the time to cycle throw 7 inspirations pop an attack and see if it hits my life would be down to 100 if that and pray i dont have a group on me

All monsters can have at least one emotion inspired. The abilities and buffs say on them what types of monsters they work on.

Animal, Insect, Elemental, Semi-Intelligent, Undead, and Withered Aegis are the classifications. Semi-Intelligents are Ogres, Pygmies, that sort. Elemental are Golems, Treants, etc. Withered Aegis are distinct from Undead and include Abominations, Aegror, Vexator and monsters like that.

*Removed Jewelry Crystals of Dragon Breath from loot tables, as dragons can not use Jewelry Crystals?*

this info is incorrect, since dragons can have up to 3 jewelry slots on their headscales.

also i believe there are "3" jewelry crystals for dragons. 2 of which my dragon has in his head scale. primal/dragon breath and tooth and claw jewelry crystals

Check the patch notes thread, Malicore.
    Last edited by Velea; March 2nd, 2013 at 11:51 AM.

Thread Information