Thread: multicast III requirement?

Default multicast III requirement?

Having achieved my fourth 100 adventure class I decided to pick up the conjuror class. I was quite dismayed to find that my multicast ability is completely locked out giving it a requirement of adventure lvl 40. As I understood the mastering of skills across classes. Since I had mage at 100 it should have grandfathered across. If it's not going to transfer across directly would it perhaps be reasonable to allow either multicast 2 or even multicast 1 (even none mage we get multicast 1). Could this please be resolved as I know I am not the only hoped that thinks this needs rectifying.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Re: multicast III requirement?

Not really sure whats wrong here.
    Once you have a School with mulit-cast ability in it they are yours to keep.
    Now you can't master Multi-cast 3 since you only learn it at lvl 70 so you'd need to be lvl 140 to master it.
    As for 1 and 2, yes they can be used in different schools (aslong as its a school allowed to use it).
    Right now i'm lvl 42 reaver and I have multi-cast 2 active.

I think the problem is as I understand it...

If you are in a casting class that grants the multi cast ability and you take up another class that also grants the multi cast ability in their school, then you lose the ability to cast any form of multi-cast at all until you meet the new school's level requirements for it. In short you are getting punished for having mastered a previous casting class.

Where as, if you take up warrior or any other non-arcane class you still have access to multi cast 1.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Multicast II has a passive side that only allows the buff to be used it you are over 40 if i remember right. Normally I think Conj would get Multi I but since Multi II is mastered I think it trumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    Not really sure whats wrong here.
    Once you have a School with mulit-cast ability in it they are yours to keep.
    Now you can't master Multi-cast 3 since you only learn it at lvl 70 so you'd need to be lvl 140 to master it.
    As for 1 and 2, yes they can be used in different schools (aslong as its a school allowed to use it).
    Right now i'm lvl 42 reaver and I have multi-cast 2 active.
    ok let me explain in detail.. i have 100 mage granting me MC3 at level 98 (however only Multicast 1 is mastered).. i just took up Conjuror. which also gains MC3 at a higher level. which means Multicast 3 is the only multicast ability that is open to me. however I am unable to use multicast three (as it has a requirement of level 40 and my current level is only 22). I am essentially being punished for taking my mage up to level 98 if i had kept his mage level at 97 I wouldn't have multicast three grandfathered to conjuror and might be able to use multicast 2 (i don't currently know what the requirement is for MC2). to further confuse matters if i become a level 1 say.. beserker I would still have multicast 1 usable.. and thats not even A CASTING CLASS.. I would like to see it so that we can either manually select or it defaults to the highest usable skill for our level... so for myself at level 22 either multicast 1 or multicast 2 (if two is usable at level 22).

I hope that makes more sense

and yes coolio your right but it makes no sense that as a none caster i can use multicast 1 but as a low level caster i have NO multicast and this needs looking at.

It's been this way forever. You get it back soon enough anyway. They don't want the really high multicasts being used in low schools apparently.

The reason in zerk you get mc1 is because thats the only version you've mastered, and its level requirement is 1.

Once you got conj to 100 (great class, def take it to 100), you will have mastered mcIII (I think) and then in all schools your mc will have the level requirement across the board.

If they lowered the level requirement of the mc2 and mc3 (which only affects how soon (by level) other classes can use it, not at what level the primary class gets the ability), you could have uber lvl 20 spiritists running around wiping the floor with mobs using aoe paroxysm multicasted 4 times.

So they set the abilities level req up a little ways.

But I actually agree, it's only 1 extra cast of a spell (4 for mc2 vs 3 times for mc1) every 5 minutes. In all reality it isn't that overpowering.

Would be easy to fix, just lower the level requirements to use the mc abilities capable of being mastered (mc1, mc2, mc3). mc1 is already level 1 I believe.

Thread Information