Thread: Armor Advice

Default Armor Advice

Heyo! I'm about set to get into some steel plate and wondered what I should tech it with? My iron was teched completely with Armor 2, but now I'm coming on more baddies with magic, so should I switch to Ethereal Armor or perhaps a resistance or ward?

Any advice from those who might remember hunting baddies in the 40-60 range would be most appreciated!
    Kimo

Default Re: Armor Advice

The nasties are of similar variety across all tiers. Undead/intelligent tend to have more magic; beasts/golems generally do not. Steel gets 2 techs/piece, so maybe now you can include something for both cases?

Etheral Armor will only assist you against baddies who do ethereal damage. These tend to Spiritists, Bloodmages, and regular mages when they use fusion burn. Imight be missing one... Anywho regular magic can be warded off just like regular melee damage with resistances and wards.:3

Thanks for the advice! I was thinking ethereal because the description says it blocks attacks that ignore normal armor and I have zero at the moment, heh. I'll go about putting together a blight and spirit suit then, since those both seem to demolish me.

Thanks again!
    Kimo

The way i was taught how to make armor so very many years ago was 1 augmentation of your ability's and 1 Defense Depending on what class you are and how you fight ill be able to help you better but dont know if there is a tech Ethereal armor of any tier .

If You Role a Dragon armor should be crafted with the exceptions of wing scales 1 adv tech (tooth and claw) 1 stat (depending on how you spread your tps around and how often you hit ) and 1 Resistance

again How i was taught
    Resistance subtracts from the total number of damage per hit so if you have 300 Resistance and a wa Multi strikes you 4 times for 400 damage you take 100 each time opposed to 1,2XX because your resistant to that damage and yes i have every single Main damage resistant on a set . Fire energy crush slash pierce
    Last edited by lightning claw; March 7th, 2013 at 06:33 AM. Reason: corrected a spelling mistake
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

You say steel plate? That takes 2 techs, right?
    Then I say you go for armor and whatever tech you can put on depending on the part itself. Be it +skill for your main damage dealer, or health, or a stat (str/pow/dex/focus) that you feel you are lacking.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Honestly.. I wouldn't sweat it too much .. at lower levels you get through the armor pretty quickly, and on to the next set .. you said steel plate, but to answer more definitively, what class you playing predominantly? for example .. pally/ cleric / warrior / gardener (oops guardian) .. I'd prolly be teching my plate differently .. also .. do you want to keep the plate for later classes - again something to consider ..

prolly - I'd go with armor and strength - or something that will be useful to future classes you play as well .. my 2c.

Well I have always teched my armpits with armour and a stat relevant to my class. So for warrior classes I would apply str. Cleric type focus and mage types power. And for any armour prices that can't take the stat put in a relevant skill. Hope that helps.

I agree with Valornyx about teching with armor + whatever will fit on each piece from the stats & skills you use the most to kill. In my opinion, it's really not worth teching with wards or resists until you get to t5/t6 gear... then you can go nuts with whatever your playstyle and character seem to need most !

Thread Information