Thread: Client 384.79

Default Client 384.79

FEATURE:

• Increase maximum number of hotkey bars to 20 (hotkey bars can reduce frame
      rate when there are lots in use)

How do you get the extra hotkey bars?

Default Re: Client 384.79

Bump...I can get more than 10 bars on my screen but still only 1-10 as options.

Same here, wondering how to activate the 11-20 bars.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Same here, its no defferent than before

On your hot bar, please try clicking the up arrow. You should see the hot bar number change to 11, etc. If you're doing something different, could you let us know or if you don't see the 11th hot bar, please let us know.

Thank you.

I click the up arrow on extended mode, and it only cycles 1-10 and starts over. 11 does not appears

My experence is same as Malicore's - up arrow cycles to 10 and then to 1 - all my 10 bars are full and the cycling does not change individual bar content for 1 through 10. Thus if bar 1 is actually bar 11 it has same hotkeys as 1.

Knossos

I too can confirm this. I only get bars 1-10 and then it cycles through to bar 1 again.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Daft question but y'all have patched the latest client havn't you? I forgot I had the tick in the bypass box cos I was using Blight client.
    (not ingame to test yet as i'm on a plane)

Nevermind, I thought i'd try to login...God I love istaria, 12k feet in the air and still I can play
    Oh but same prob, only 10 bars.
    Last edited by Sindala; March 15th, 2013 at 02:17 AM.

I've got word that a patch will be released shortly. As always, thank you for the feedback.

ty, now there's a problem of oversized plot structure targeting. you can be standing on a road in a settlement, click on the road and end up targeting something on a plot 20 meters away from the road, such as a tree, large leafy. that's not even in your line of sight. or if you're on a plot and click through something like an archway targeting normal ground, you will target the archway, where it used to clear the target window

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    ty, now there's a problem of oversized plot structure targeting. you can be standing on a road in a settlement, click on the road and end up targeting something on a plot 20 meters away from the road, such as a tree, large leafy. that's not even in your line of sight. or if you're on a plot and click through something like an archway targeting normal ground, you will target the archway, where it used to clear the target window
    I'll take the blame for that one. The original selection logic was a bit wonky, as many dragons can attest to. This is a first-pass attempt at making it a bit smarter.

The old code would default to bounding-box selection and switch to poly-accurate selection only if the camera was close. This was fine if you had the camera up close, but broke down if you had the camera zoomed out, such as when you don't want dragon-butt filling your screen.

The new code will fall back to bounding-box selection if poly-accurate selection fails to select something. Unfortunately, the bounding-box selection component isn't distance or terrain bounded, so you can end up selecting something dozens of meters away, through the terrain. You can often select lair chambers by clicking on the ground.

I'll look at implementing the following tweaks in a few weeks:
    - Limit bounding-box selection to objects between the camera and the terrain.
    I have no idea how this will behave underground. Gotta test it. It will stop you from selecting things through the terrain though.

- Exclude objects with bounding-boxes that contain the camera from bounding-box selection.
    This should stop you from selecting a structure when you are inside, click, and fail to poly-select something outside.

- Exclude close objects with big bounding-boxes from bounding-box selection.
    Conceivably, these objects will have a large footprint on the screen. If you really wanted to select one, you'd have no trouble doing a poly-accurate select.
    This is potentially very expensive to calculate, so it might not happen. I'll look into it though.

What 384.79 has is a little suboptimal, though I'm mainly trying to prevent situations where you can click on something (resource, corpse, mob...) and not select it because of an overlapping bounding box. I'm also trying to prevent situations where you can't exactly click on something to select it because it's too small (like fly corpses).

Please keep providing feedback and maybe some alternative strategies. I'm not really wed to anything in particular, so I do appreciate data points to help make selection less frustrating.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    The old code would default to bounding-box selection and switch to poly-accurate selection only if the camera was close...
    If may I suggest something, why can't you drop the bounding-box selection at all and use only poly-accurate selection?

On my dragon i have the camera zoomed out to the max and I have lots of trouble selecting stuff (nodes, corpses, silos, etc). On my biped (his camera is midway zoomed, if i try to zoom out towards the max the client freezes) i have absolutely no issues at all - but i have to admit that i still use a macro to select/loot corpses (/snc /loot) - old habit from the dragon i presume.

Or maybe you can implement a toggle in the options that gives the player the opportunity to chose between the current mixed-selecting system or only the poly-accurate one.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Ok, back to the 11 to 20 hotkey bars.

If we have #11 to #20 Hotkey bars , should we not also have #11 to #20 Hotkey bar bindings in Options? Which I don't

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    Ok, back to the 11 to 20 hotkey bars.

If we have #11 to #20 Hotkey bars , should we not also have #11 to #20 Hotkey bar bindings in Options? Which I don't
    hotkeys in options is for setting as default, I believe. which you can do with the 1-20 by right clicking the hotkey of choice and setting as default. which is easier than opening the options to choose it, so no real need for more bindings

Thread Information