Thread: A New Project...

Default A New Project...

Unfortunately, a few months ago, I was forced to cancel my sub (hopefully temporarily) due to money and time reasons.

Well, things are a little better time-wise now, but not so much money-wise.

Either way, I kinda miss the game, so I started a free account. I decided to walk the world of Istaria again, this time with a completely fresh start (not that I have a choice lol).

I thought I'd see the game from a new player's point of view, to see what they see.

I haven't gotten far Yet; I've decided upon going Cleric > Paladin and doing whatever crafts I need to keep myself supplied.

Thus far, I've finished the Spirit Isle quests and I'm now working on my crafts. Miner is 6 and I'm starting to pull up the very rare 4s per dig, with a few 3s and lots of 2s so that's nice. I'm also now 4:1 on Bronze so that helps.

The game seems a bit better now, though I notice that some of the popup help messages still aren't spawning in quite the right places (but if you think about what its saying you can still kinda-sorta figure out what it was meant to do), and I noticed that signs are now working in Win7 64-bit again (where they weren't last I played).

Haven't played long enough to make many other observations other than the Refurb Cargo disk (awesome idea!) and the more visible quest bubbles help a bit too.

So far, so good!

Default Re: A New Project...

Welcome back to the game!

Look me up if you need anything at all!
    Aamer Khan : The Eyes of Istaria : First Herald of Istaria
    Helper to those in need, Guide to the newly gifted, Friend and neighbor to all.

Default Re: A New Project...

My thanks for the offer!

As I'm trying to go for that "new player" experience, I'm trying to avoid things like PLing, dumping high-powered stuff onto a character, etc.

But, it is nice to know there are people who still offer help in the game. One of the big things about Istaria that keeps people playing that you don't see in other games.

Anyways, as an update...

Cleric is now 7.
    Miner is now 9.

Slowly moving along lol. If my calculations are correct, I'm due to hit 3:1 in 2-3 levels and then it should move along a bit better. And once that happens I can do all sorts of fun stuff lol.

Thread Information