Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chaos bugged?

Default Chaos bugged?

Logged on, went to find some skeletons near NT... no mobs anywhere.

Got hit for 160-ish damage out of the blue with nothing in my chatlog saying why, healed back up (this almost killed me) and spammed cycle/select nearest enemy for 5min, nothing.

Sat near the Ruined Homestead at New Tris... quest NPCs are there, mobs are not.

Other players are reporting getting hit by attacks while gathering, and such.

Default Re: Chaos bugged?

same is happening on Order. no mobs visible

i can not-so-positively confirm its happening to both shards

http://www.iaza.com/zpages/displayim...3917206100.png

taken on chaos after invisble things killed me in augh battlefeild.

Same general thing in Chaos Dralnok's Doom... no mobs - but got notice of 1 DP - (but stayed alive) no slectable or visible mobs anywhere. If this was yesterday would be a great April Fools trick... to day - not so great.
    Concoidal Fractus
    Expert Dragon Crafter - Master Lairshaper

Yupp, no mobs whatsoever. But this game IS older and hard to keep running beautifully 100% of the time. I'm sure they'll fix it soon.

Happened to me too on Order.
    No visible/selectable mobs yet I got damaged by 88 ethereal damage by --NO NAME-- then lost all buffs, got a death point and death penalty without actually dieing
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by AngelofDeathXx View Post
    Yupp, no mobs whatsoever. But this game IS older and hard to keep running beautifully 100% of the time. I'm sure they'll fix it soon.
    I was more just letting people know, more than I was complaining about it.

I understand the game's older, and that VI has a small staff.

Was more just letting people know that there are problems with the server and/or asking if this is normal for a Tuesday etc.

April Fools was yesterday.. can we have our mobs back now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    I was more just letting people know, more than I was complaining about it.

I understand the game's older, and that VI has a small staff.

Was more just letting people know that there are problems with the server and/or asking if this is normal for a Tuesday etc.
    I know. S'all good!

this may be due to yesterday's launcher patch? after I received it, I was healing characters and health bars did not change, tried to resurrect an alt, said he wasn't dead. 5 minutes later the res went off and up he jumped, only to get smacked back down again instantly. several problems before the server went down. now it's back up and no mobs are visible.

now I just logged in at 6 pm and still no mobs anywheres ... does anyone know what has happened or is anyone looking into this issue ?

Entire shard seems borked...I hope someone is looking into this (order too btw)

Okay, here's an update.

I just spoke with our sysadmin. He says he'll check it out and that Chaos and Order will probably require a restart later tonight.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Why not immediately? Why do they have to wait until later this evening to fix this? This has only been a problem for about 4 hours now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    Why not immediately? Why do they have to wait until later this evening to fix this?
    Sorry, I should have provided a bit more info.

He's the best person to handle this issue, but unfortunately, also AFK. Thus, the waiting. He needs to RTK, diagnose the issue, apply any corrections needed, then restart the shard for the fixes to take effect.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Thankyou for the update and clarification.

Thank you as well, Steelclaw.

6 hours just for a response, 8 hours and nothing done. wow, that's a good first response team.
    Thanks Steelclaw for at least saying something. but this issue should not have gone unnoticed for 6 hours before a response was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    6 hours just for a response, 8 hours and nothing done. wow, that's a good first response team.
    Thanks Steelclaw for at least saying something. but this issue should not have gone unnoticed for 6 hours before a response was made.
    Did anyone file a support ticket on it? I find that is the way that gets the fastest response.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Did anyone file a support ticket on it? I find that is the way that gets the fastest response.
    I did the responsible thing and filed a ticket about 7 hours ago, after I wandered out into those sandstone fields by Nuthala, and started racking up mystery death points. For a moment, I thought my Monk had stumbled upon enlightenment, and then I realized I was just dead but didn't know it yet. My "Awdz Special Edition Deluxe Sandstone Cargo Disk" was the only thing that remained unscathed!

I received a response that stated they are aware of the issue and working on the solution.

Thread Information