Thread: Elusive Crystals

Default Elusive Crystals

I have just started playing again, after a hiatus of almost 2 years. I am slowly picking it all up again, but have run into an issue: the farming of crystals. It used to be that if you wanted crystals you went and laid the smack-down on undeads of all types. Now, however, all they seem to produce is junk to sell to the oddities broker. So here is my question...

...where do you go, to farm crystals (of all levels), and does anyone have a (currently updated) list of which mobs still have crystals in their loot tables?

I have spent the last few days looking for dusky (level 10) crystals in particular, but haven't found a single one

TIA for any help

Default Re: Elusive Crystals

As someone who has played for the last decade, I have no idea Hehe. But at a guess, you want to be looking for mobs in the level rage of 11-20, specifically of the Aegis variety. In the upper echelons, T6 crystals drop from Maggots (Doom) and Fyakkis (Eastern Deadlands). You are very correct that Undead will not drop crystals of anykind. As a starting point, I think there might be some maggots in/near the Isle of Drowned (sp?), the island to the south-west of Parsinia.

Good luck, happy huntings
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    As someone who has played for the last decade, I have no idea Hehe. But at a guess, you want to be looking for mobs in the level rage of 11-20, specifically of the Aegis variety. In the upper echelons, T6 crystals drop from Maggots (Doom) and Fyakkis (Eastern Deadlands). You are very correct that Undead will not drop crystals of anykind. As a starting point, I think there might be some maggots in/near the Isle of Drowned (sp?), the island to the south-west of Parsinia.

Good luck, happy huntings
    Thanks for responding. I've hunted the Fyakki and Maggots on Isle of the Drowned for 3-4 days now, and have only ever gotten level 1 (dim) crystals from them. I suppose they search continues...

I wonder (and this is purely idle speculation) if the old crystals have been slowly and methodically removed from all the loot tables to make way for the new crystals that will be made by the Crystalshaping School that is about to be brought in.....hrmmmmm

Maggots in NT for lvl 1 and 10 (rare) crystals - if you are strong enough you can go and hunt Fyakkis on Isle of the Drown
    Automatons in Observatory for lvl 20 and 30 (rare) crystals
    Fyakkis in ND for lvl 40 and 50 (rare) crystals
    Fyakkis in WD for lvl 60 and 70 (rare) crystals
    Automatons west of Delgarath (and around ofc) for lvl 80 and 90 (rare) crystals
    Fyakkis in ED for lvl 100 crystals

Worms in Doom drop lvl 100 crystals as well, but for example they don't drop stat crystals (str/dex/foc/pow/health/armor)
    Not sure if this pattern goes all the way down to lvl1 crystals if so and you need stat crystals, you may want to skip worms and go for fyakkis/automatons

Also, as you may noticed above - 10/30/50/70/90 are the rare drop crystals... even if i hunted extensively for shining movement crystals i still don't have the full complement of lvl 90 cogs for example. So it may take a while to get your desired lvl 10 crystal.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Nice list Northwind

Also, Lvl 1 Crystals: some lvl 2-4 maggots at entrance to Lesser Aradoth Deadlands 199/229
    Also lots of maggots (varies lvl 6-19) on Isle of Drowned too, in addition to the Fyakki's (Lvl 16-19).

I tried searching, but can't find any thing about this. I have this entry on my personal notes page (from how long ago, no clue; but at same time, I likely would've only jotted that down from a vet player, if so).

My notes simply has this vague 2 line entry regarding crystals:
    maggots, fyakki, automations, kwellen
    Rating that ends with 9 drops Exceptional Holding crystals 79, 99, 119, etc

I'm assuming I was listing mobs that drop crystals (likely someone said in chat, not by personally confirming). Any chance Kwellen's drop crystals? I'm too scared to fight them and try. The Exceptional Holding crystals... does that sound like it has any validity or did i get this info from someone who was confused?
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Chests (including Mimics), Animates (Fyakki, Maggots, Kwellen, Myloc, Hounds - such as Blight Hounds or Frost Hounds) and Constructs (Abominations, Aegror, Vexator, Automaton). Though it should be pointed out that mobs within Dralnok's Doom have a different loot table set than same level/tier outside due to things such as Dragon Journals, Dwarven Relics, etc.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Nice, didn't knew about the rating-ending-in-9 tip
    It may be true. I killed a lot of fyakkis in ED and their rating is 116-119. I do have a quite amount of exceptional radiant holding crystals so it might be true.

My list is not complete of course. Crystals are dropped by Vexators as well in addition to maggots, fyakkis, automatons and kwellens.
    I only listed the mobs that I like/used to farm when I needed crystals. Kwellens are too few and too mobile for my taste and Vexators are harder than automatons.

Edit: Thank you Amon, now that is a quite complete list.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Brilliant!!

This was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks everyone

Give me a shout in game if you need crystals Radamanthas . I'm rather short of lvl 10, 70, & 90 ones though.

I'd like to add a list of T5 Rare Crystals. I know all players are looking for that very elusive Exceptional Shining and Greater Shining movement crystal. You just can't never seem to get it, right? I've only gotten one, well two (because someone gave me one) in my lifetime. Of course there's other nifty T5 rare crystals.

Code:
    Marble Chest or Marble Mimic
    Mithril Chest or Mithril Mimic
    Yew Chest or Yew Mimic
    	Lesser Anchor Mobs:
    	Crimson Scourge
    	Ebon Guard
    	Fallen Rachival
    	Grim Plague
    	Host of Varran
    	Mourning Tide
    	The Accursed
    	The Invae
    Energized Kwellen
    Fyakki - Azg'engak
    	Abominimations:
    	Agony
    	Terror
    Crimson Vexator
    Degraded Automation
    Flame Horror
    Frozen Horror
    Hemorrhaging Aegror
    Pustulating Aegror
    Twisted Automation
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thread Information