Thread: Playing while invisible (Constantly)

Default Playing while invisible (Constantly)

I am suggesting to the developers to get rid of the invisibilty option. Players come in and out of the marketplace asking for items, help or many other things. It would be nice to actually know who is asking for items or help before responding.

This supposed to be a community and remaining invisible all the time, only making an appearance so they can get help from the rest of the community, does not help anyone but themselves. I have heard, from several of these players, that they remain invisible so that no one bothers them yet they feel it neccesary to (bother) the rest of the community when they feel it neccesary for their own needs.

I don't know why the invisible option is even in game.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Playing while invisible (Constantly)

While I feel no need to go about invisible and get somewhat frustrated not being able to use /who on those who are, I respect that some folks simply like to feel more private. Courtesy of more frequent interaction before they request something is different than forced visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    I am suggesting to the developers to get rid of the invisibilty option.
    only making an appearance so they can get help from the rest of the community, does not help anyone but themselves.
    I don't know why the invisible option is even in game.

Thoughts?
    Sounds like you got burned a few times.

There's some nonzero number of players who like to stay off of the global player list, for whatever reason. They enjoy that privacy and flexibility in choosing how and when to reveal themselves to other players outside of their immediate surroundings.

I'll concede that the behavior you describe of popping and out of global chat to ask for favors can be a bit annoying. However, I think it's pretty unreasonable to take a feature away from players who otherwise behave responsibly. The social transgression here is that the player asks for favors but never contributes; not that they're flagged as invisible while doing so.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

It can be annoying to have no clue who's asking for things, but i can't blame them.
    I have even put one of my chars on invisible to most so no one could bother her (since i often see an influx of bothering from players i don't even know on the said char.)

Don't take away people's privacy; the majority of those on invisble, from what i've seen in MP put alot into the community anyway, only the minority let those on invisble down.

*seconds awdz when he says 'I respect that some folks simply like to feel more private'*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    It can be annoying to have no clue who's asking for things, but i can't blame them.
    I have even put one of my chars on invisible to most so no one could bother her (since i often see an influx of bothering from players i don't even know on the said char.)

Don't take away people's privacy; the majority of those on invisble, from what i've seen in MP put alot into the community anyway, only the minority let those on invisble down.

*seconds awdz when he says 'I respect that some folks simply like to feel more private'*
    i agree with azath

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    the majority of those on invisble, from what i've seen in MP put alot into the community anyway, only the minority let those on invisble down.
    You have no way to back up that statement. Where do you get your numbers? If they are invisible how do you know how many, if any of the invisible players, are giving back and helping the community.

One reason why people play invisible is to stop being spammed to powerlevel, or do the RoP for people that are to idle to do it for themselves.

If people ask for help in MP and are invisible you have the option to help them or not.
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

Closing the thread as this is not a feature we're going to change.

Thread Information