Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talk to the Team: Cleric

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Cleric

Not sure what you are trying to say in that first sentence awdz...

Mystic blaze isn't a repeater or ability, it's a spell. Turning this into a repeater (life bolt?) would be a welcome change.

Magic crush is an ability, which can be used for pulling. Except the range is only 25 if I remember right. Increasing the range couldn't hurt.

Sorry, I won't be turning Mystic Blaze into an ability. Its a spell as is the newly released Improved Mystic Blaze.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Not sure what you are trying to say in that first sentence awdz...

Mystic blaze isn't a repeater or ability, it's a spell. Turning this into a repeater (life bolt?) would be a welcome change.

Magic crush is an ability, which can be used for pulling. Except the range is only 25 if I remember right. Increasing the range couldn't hurt.
    *shrugs* I consider mystic blaze a one-use thing that does some damage to get enemies' attention and then has to recycle before you use it again. I think of magic crush in a similar vein. Since clerics use life energy so much, it would make more sense to me that they could throw it to hit an enemy from a range (especially undead) than that they extend their crush range.

I really don't understand the difference between abilities and spells when they fit the same concept in my mind (i.e., similar vein). The best I come up with is that spells do heavier damage and/or are repeaters.

I think it's time we extended this line of discussions to include all levels of cleric please :D

So I'm going to start with Cherub's Song... 5 min recycle and it only has 5% chance to land it's debuff as a lvl 78 ability?!?... surely that's enough said, but in case it's not... either make it 100%, or the recycle needs to be 5 secs or something please.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    I think it's time we extended this line of discussions to include all levels of cleric please :D

So I'm going to start with Cherub's Song... 5 min recycle and it only has 5% chance to land it's debuff as a lvl 78 ability?!?... surely that's enough said, but in case it's not... either make it 100%, or the recycle needs to be 5 secs or something please.
    Abso-frickin'-lutely! I remember when they added the 5% chance to Cherub's Song many years back and how it turned a sort-of useful ability into a "don't even bother hotkeying it" ability!

As a low level player, I do have a few suggestions.

Please shorten the range for Magic Crush I - it always seem to cast once the mob is on top of you and you get the message "too close for effective use of ranged weapon" - how is a warhammer, club or cudgel a ranged weapon?

Reduce the cast time of Coordinated Strike. Once I cast Smash it takes a very long time for Coordinated Strike to become available.

I have taken warrior to 10, druid to 15, ranger to 9, but I am trying to get Cleric to level 25 for the stat spell boosts and augmentation. Though I'm level 22, I'm finding it difficult to solo many of the mobs, especially the sows and spiders outside of Sslanis yet the trophy hunter quests want me to go fight mobs outside Dalimond :( I don't think so when I'm dying to the mobs by Sslanis!
    Dee
    IGN: Deelighted, Deeclaw, Deelusion, Deestiny, Deemure, Deecree, Deeno
    Brains & Brawn Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Deelighted View Post
    As a low level player, I do have a few suggestions.

Please shorten the range for Magic Crush I - it always seem to cast once the mob is on top of you and you get the message "too close for effective use of ranged weapon" - how is a warhammer, club or cudgel a ranged weapon?

Reduce the cast time of Coordinated Strike. Once I cast Smash it takes a very long time for Coordinated Strike to become available.

I have taken warrior to 10, druid to 15, ranger to 9, but I am trying to get Cleric to level 25 for the stat spell boosts and augmentation. Though I'm level 22, I'm finding it difficult to solo many of the mobs, especially the sows and spiders outside of Sslanis yet the trophy hunter quests want me to go fight mobs outside Dalimond :( I don't think so when I'm dying to the mobs by Sslanis!
    Heya Deelighted, couple of things I hope you don't mind me commenting on :)

Magic Crush is a Cleric's ranged attack ability - we have a spell by way of Mystic Blaze (or Improved Mystic Blaze which is a more recent addition) but when it comes to ranged abilities Magic Crush is our primary option. Which makes it great for pulling mobs! Magic Crush still does more damage than a regular attack even when you're toe to toe with your opponent. If Magic Crush is turned into a non-ranged ability then players like myself who are not into heavy multiclassing will be adversely affected.

Coordinated Strike is a group ability, the intention is that you use it when grouped, then other players who use a coordinated attack benefit from a greater to-hit chance and a damage boost. Using Coordinated Strike in solo battles doesn't yield any benefit because the delay (note: specifically referring to delay here, not recycle) from the attack outweighs using regular attacks in the same timeframe.

I'd recommend that you get a set of scale mail or plate mail armour along with a full compliment of heal spells if you're struggling with survivability. Clerics have very low DPS but have excellent survivability when equipped with reasonable armour, a shield and heal spells (you should have tier I versions and some tier II versions of the following spells at level 22: Revitalize, Improved Revitalize, Minor Health, Health, Major Health and Group Health). In fact it's fair to say that even without techs on your spells and armour you should have no problem surviving mobs your own level and a few levels higher :)

Hope that helps you a bit :)

Cleric Changes:

• Defend Other will be received at level 11 instead of 3.
    • Protectorate will be received at level 3 instead of 7.
    • Cleric's will have access to Power Strike starting at level 7 (and then every 20 levels there-after).
    • Cleric's will receive Multistrike II at level 78.
    • Cherub's Song debuff is now known as "Soothed".
    • Cherub's Song ability now recycles every 3 minutes (down from 5), does life damage instead of crush, effects all monsters within 8 meters and has a 25% chance (up from 5).
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; May 3rd, 2014 at 10:15 AM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information