Thread: (Global) Consigner Slots

Default (Global) Consigner Slots

I know this has been barked about before, but I would just like to bring it up again. I think the global consignment slots could do with an upwards adjustment for both the F2P and Basic ($10/mo) subscriptions please. (This won’t affect me directly as I have 3 Plot Holder subscriptions, so I’m not suggesting this for my personal benefit.)

I really think a Basic subscription should have the same 150 global consigner slots as the property holder, and the F2P could handle 50 consigner slots for sure. I don’t think anyone on a F2P would consider paying $10/mo for the extra consigner slots. They would be more interested in playing the other races, of course the Dragons are a huge draw card, so that’s the enticement. Similarly for those on Basic, the draw card to upgrade is the Plot, not the consigner slot increase.

I think allowing F2P more global consigner slots would help them feel part of the community. If they have invested something into the world, even just listing old equipment or unused forms/techs, they would be more likely to remain and potentially upgrade. Of course all this is pure speculation and anecdotal; I have no figures to back this up, but perhaps someone in billing could crunch some numbers and have a look at what players are doing after they upgrade.

Thought for the day, done.
    Happy huntings, see yas in Istaria
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Default Re: (Global) Consigner Slots

I will admit that with my F2P account, I am very highly reluctant to consign anything when I only have 10 slots. I'd sooner dump it on a PB rather than put it on a connie and that's a shame as some of those forms/techs could be useful to newbies.

But with only 10 slots.... I'm saving those for something worth selling that'll actually get me some money.

If I had, perhaps 25 or 50 well... I'd be a little more willing to post stuff. Helpful stuff that is lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Helpful stuff that is lacking.
    I think that can definitely be an issue for new players. While some of the dedicated will happily stock consigners with beginner gear, it's the forms and techs that the lower level players collect, who are reluctant or simply unable to list. I very, very rarely find myself collecting anything below T4. But I bet the new lower level players do indeed loot T1-3 forms and techs. These never get listed, sometimes stored for when they can be used, but if they are not listed then it makes it even harder for new players to collect these valuable resources, especially given the cost of purchasing the other techs/forms that do not drop.

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    I think that can definitely be an issue for new players. While some of the dedicated will happily stock consigners with beginner gear, it's the forms and techs that the lower level players collect, who are reluctant or simply unable to list. I very, very rarely find myself collecting anything below T4. But I bet the new lower level players do indeed loot T1-3 forms and techs. These never get listed, sometimes stored for when they can be used, but if they are not listed then it makes it even harder for new players to collect these valuable resources, especially given the cost of purchasing the other techs/forms that do not drop.
    Agree highly with this.

If I loot something I have absolutely no plans on using, esp the Beginner forms, I will likely pawn it because my biped only has 10 consigner slots. Let's say, for example, Beginner Fine Composite Longbow dropped. I have zero plans of ever using any school that uses bows in the foreseeable future, and my Blacksmith is going to be my first school to 100; I have no need of the beginner longbow form (I'll wait till I can use the Expert one).

Am I going to consign it?

Most likely not, because I only have 10 slots. It is going to end up on the PB instead. But how many newbie players out there might want a Lv15 bow for their scout who are leveling Blacksmith but can't find the formula anywhere? And last I checked, there ain't no Fine Composite Longbows on the NT connie.

Isn't the current limit for a payed sub, 100 slots on imperial consignors (total, can all be on one, or spread out), and 10 slots on player owned?

The limit of 10 is only on the player owned, pretty sure.

But, I wouldn't be against an increase either. But if there are new players listing stuff in new trismus, they should be able to put 100 items up. In Bristugo, if they use Elissana, who is down the hill in the building that Nadia stands outside of, they could list say 50, and only put 50 in new trismus.

I can see why the increase would be useful for the player owned consignors, since those are the ones that many people use. On chaos at least, the player owned bristugo consignor gets alot of use since it is right by the landing pad, as well as a t6 in clearport, and a t6 in harton valley might be getting some use these days as well. No one bothers with Elisanna in bristugo.

I would say, just increase the slots on the player owned consignors to say 25. The imperial limit is probably ok as it is.

We're talking about the F2P accounts, Guaran. Or at least, I am.

F2P only gets 10 Imperial Slots.

Just 10.

So yeah, I ain't listing anything on my biped unless I'm dang sure it is valuable and will sell. Which means lots of potentially useful forms/techs/etc are gonna get pawned, when some newbie could maybe make use of it.

BTW: http://community.istaria.com/pg.php/subscriptions

Basic Paid only gets 50. Not 100.

I too was referring mainly to F2P, but also the Basic sub (which is max 50 consigner slots; It’s 150 for the Plot Holder sub’s). Also, I was asking about the Global Consigner Slots, not the amount that can be listed per connie, as that is a different number again, depending on player or imperial and also what tier.

I'd like to see the F2P-er's get to feel more involved in the community and economy, and have them allowed to list more than 10 items on the connies. I don't see why they should feel far more restricted in their involvement.

Thread Information