Thread: Change Agh'kuk comp names

Default Change Agh'kuk comp names

This is very minor, but thought I'd toss this idea out there. Not technically a bug, so I didn't want to post it there.

The Agh'kuk comps, perhaps change the comp names to say Gatherer/Warrior instead of Pygmy/Ogre.

ie Agh'kuk comps changed from:
    Agh'kuk Pygmy Ear to Agh'kuk Gatherer Ear
    Agh'kuk Ogre Jawbone to of Agh'kuk Warrior Jawbone.

Seems like it could be confusing to a new player, to hunt/look for comps from mobs with Ogre/Pygmy in their name, shrug.

Heres all the Ogre/Pygmy's in the game, see how the Agh'kuk is in a * category on its own?

* Pygmy/Ogres that are called Gatherer/Warrior but have comps with Ogre/Pygmy in the comp name:
    Agh'kuk Gatherer/Warrior -

* Pygmy/Ogres that are called Gatherer/Warrior and also have comps with Gatherer/Warrior in the comp name:
    Bhal'kuk Gatherer/Warrior
    Nah'guk Gatherer/Warrior
    Than'kuk Gatherer/Warrior
    Ish'kuk Gatherer/Warrior
    Sal'guk Gatherer/Warrior

* Pygmy/Ogres that are called Pygmy/Ogres and have comps with Pygmy/Ogre in the comp name:
    Fire Ogre/Pygmy
    Flame Ogre/Pygmy
    Ice Ogre/Pygmy

Dont wanna rock the boat, but back in the old days, all the Pygmy/Ogres in the game were called just that. Pygmies changed to Gatherer and Ogre changed to Warrior (on most) was done around one of the revamps (T2 I think). Just a bit curious why the majority of the mobs got the change in name; but the Fire/Flame/Ice Ogres/Pygmies didn't follow suit with the name changes and stay uniformed throughout Istaria. But thats not important. Really, I just wanted to suggest the change to the Agh'kuk mobs, so they were like the rest.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: Change Agh'kuk comp names

Aren't the Than'kuk pygmies actually called Than'kuk Scouts?
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

anyway- this name changes still do not make any sense to me.

Newbies are more confused- and most of the vets cant help the way they did before.
    Its easier to say "idk" than trying to look it up somewhere. Cause this costs precious ingame time.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Aren't the Than'kuk pygmies actually called Than'kuk Scouts?
    Indeed, you are correct. I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    anyway- this name changes still do not make any sense to me.

Newbies are more confused- and most of the vets cant help the way they did before.
    Its easier to say "idk" than trying to look it up somewhere. Cause this costs precious ingame time.
    It made sense to the devs at one point, otherwise Than'kuk Scout Ear would still be called Than'kuk Pygmy Ear, Than'kuk Warrior Big Toe would still be called Than'kuk Ogre Big Toe, Ish'kuk Gatherer Ear would still be called Ish'kuk Pygmy Ear, etc etc..

I really think they just forgot to change Agk'kuk when the others were changed. If you want a Than'kuk Scout Ear comp, you can deduce you need to hunt Than'kuk Scouts. If the comp was called Than'kuk Pygmy Ear, then I would likely need to ask in chat, "What drops Than'kuk Pygmy ears"? See what I'm saying? Agh'kuk is the only exception. Not asking for some game breaking change, as I said, I feel its a bug, but not technically, so I didn't post in bugs.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

It is probably more of an oversight than a bug, yes.

All of the 'kuks need to be the same..... Warrior, Gatherer...... or Warrior, Scout.

Whatever.

Make em all the same, please.

Don't have Warrior/Gatherer for all the tiers except one, where it is Warrior/Scout instead or vice-versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    It made sense to the devs at one point, otherwise Than'kuk Scout Ear would still be called Than'kuk Pygmy Ear, Than'kuk Warrior Big Toe would still be called Than'kuk Ogre Big Toe, Ish'kuk Gatherer Ear would still be called Ish'kuk Pygmy Ear, etc etc..

I really think they just forgot to change Agk'kuk when the others were changed. If you want a Than'kuk Scout Ear comp, you can deduce you need to hunt Than'kuk Scouts. If the comp was called Than'kuk Pygmy Ear, then I would likely need to ask in chat, "What drops Than'kuk Pygmy ears"? See what I'm saying? Agh'kuk is the only exception. Not asking for some game breaking change, as I said, I feel its a bug, but not technically, so I didn't post in bugs.
    Yeap, probably an oversight.

As a reminder since it seems to me the original request made by Cegaiel is getting lost:

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Agh'kuk comps changed from:
    Agh'kuk Pygmy Ear to Agh'kuk Gatherer Ear
    Agh'kuk Ogre Jawbone to of Agh'kuk Warrior Jawbone.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Kida

After extensively editing some tech comp pages on the wiki today... Genuinely curious as to why this change hasn't happened yet.

I will make sure the comp names match the names of the monsters that drop them. However, I disagree that the names need to be the same at all tiers. There will be some exceptions with the naming in cases where there's more than one type of say Ogre at a tier. As far as newbies, I would disagree that the names would confuse them as they don't know any different. The naming change only confuses existing elder players for the most part.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information