Thread: Nature tower banners

Default Nature tower banners

any chance on getting some make over on timers for the banners? 3 minutes usage, 2 banners can not be used by any 2 members in party at the same time. and 30 minute recharge? think the 30 minutes is a bit steep for a 3 minute buff. plus it knocks out being able to use the 2nd banner for same length of time.

use tempest and can't cast either one for 30 more minutes. seems a bit harsh

Default Re: Nature tower banners

2ND THAT!! The cooldown could really do with a downwards adjustment. I would think 10-15min to be more appropriate. Would be lovely if they didn't share timers too, since they have considerably different effects, they don't necessarily have to share timers.
    As side: Similar to the Dragon's best breeze ability, group members can chain the banners (last I checked). We're talking about the Volcano and Tempest Banners, in case anyone is wondering.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

I vote for that too!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I'd back this as well. For a 3 minute buff, a 30 minute cool down is too much.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

I would love to add this to my "belt" but I never really had a desire to go farm the mobs to make the banners, because of the lengthy cooldown timer. To me, the Nature Keeper quest is something I would not invest time into farming; and not enough enticement to invest the time for this twice per hour perk. If the cooldown was lowered, I would probably would invest the time for this quest. But as is, I will never do Nature Keeper quests for the banner. The other things she offers, probably, but banner, no. So Yes, I would vote for this.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    I would love to add this to my "belt" but I never really had a desire to go farm the mobs to make the banners, because of the lengthy cooldown timer. To me, the Nature Keeper quest is something I would not invest time into farming; and not enough enticement to invest the time for this twice per hour perk. If the cooldown was lowered, I would probably would invest the time for this quest. But as is, I will never do Nature Keeper quests for the banner. The other things she offers, probably, but banner, no. So Yes, I would vote for this.
    As far as I know, banners are the only thing offered. all the forms you see there are all part of making the banners. I think it's a bit outrageous that you need 594 tokens to get the T5 banner forms. that's 34 trips, with both quests, for one person to get all the forms at 18 tokens per trip. and for what? 3 minute buff that don't stack? and 30 minute timer on both if you use one of them?

I got every form off the NPC at nature tower. yes the banners and staffs are also used in some crafts, but also same forms used to make banners for hunting. nothing over T3 is used for crafting (think oak is the highest used for plot banners)

Maybe this ought to be combined with the proposed epic quests, that you use an epic banner + epic nasty component to get an epic effect for a period of time? But only if we can still get the banner quests...!

I would just be happy if the volcano effect stacked with the tempest effect.

No one really bothers with Volcano. The added flame damage is so small that anything t5 t6 pretty much resists it all anyway.

I don't think the timer is that big of a deal. 1 person uses it, 3 minute buff for entire group. If longer buff is needed, someone else in group can use one. Shorter timer seems like something for solo use, but this was designed for group use.

But, accidentally click the Volcano hotkey and you are sol since the effects do not stack with each other on top the shared timer. Or, a group member could accidentally hit that right after I use my Tempest banner.... the groups Tempest effect gets overwritten. Doh!

Please at least allow the effects to stack.

The volcano buff could really use a looking at, it's pretty weak. Much higher flame resistance for the group. The dot needs to be direct damage, as these days when needing flame resistance, chances are its a flame mob who is flame damage immune. So the added flame damage that gets 100% resisted isn't much use in its current form.

Lastly, how about a third banner to use Ice Imbued orbs? Banner of the Blizzard. Something of a cross between tempest effect and volcano effect. -9% chance to hit for incoming attacks, chance for added ice damage.

I'd like to see reducing the 30:00 minutes timer to 5:00 or 10:00 minutes, and the effects should be stackable, too.

And please add a crafting quest to the nature tower comparable to the one at the imperial outpost to earn the nature tokens.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    I'd like to see reducing the 30:00 minutes timer to 5:00 or 10:00 minutes, and the effects should be stackable, too.

And please add a crafting quest to the nature tower comparable to the one at the imperial outpost to earn the nature tokens.
    Nice idea there, Terao. but almost 6 months since this topic was started, and not even a single reply from the devs about it. similar to them saying they could add bulk to vaults as i suggested in another post. yet a year later and nothing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post

All of this, I agree with.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

All of this, I agree with.
    /support! The banner's buffs are no where near strong enough to be given a 30 minute timer, or even 10 minutes. *Crosses fingers for 5 minutes*

Any chance that we get the nature tokens back in some way? It's been a year or so since the quests got disabled to obtain the tokens.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Revamp of the Western Deadlands is on our short-list for 2014 and that includes tokens, banners, etc.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information