Thread: Keyboard guide layout / feedback

Default Keyboard guide layout / feedback

The new keyboard layout is ready. Before this gets patched out, we're looking for your feedback.

Please see the link below:
    https://virtrium.box.com/shared/stat...6a9xrhni4h.jpg

Please note, we're not looking for feedback on the actual keys at this point - we've had tons of feedback from the two previous posts and done our best to integrate that information into the new defaults.

If you see anything wrong with the formatting, have suggestions on how to better convey, please reply to this thread. And of course, if you like it or love it, that's good to know too.

There's a black and white version that will be released (for printing), once we can stamp this version in stone.

Thank you.

Yfelvik
    - Istaria Customer Support

Default Re: Keyboard guide layout / feedback

Should Hotkey Banks 11-20 be included, assuming they have working hotkeys?

I know you said no comments on the hotkeys themselves, so delete if necessary, but F10 for select group member 10, perhaps? Or are they not important :P
    And I have to say, recall next to hotkey 1 AND attack... bad move, unless you're prepared to change default to Shift+~
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Are the non (american) QWERTY keyboards supported and will they have the same global layout?
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

The word is, "the keys will match up, but you'll want to adjust the defaults because the keys won't make as much sense."

When this is "patched out" is this going to be a forced change, or an optional one? If forced, could there please be warning so users that do not want to change them can save our current configurations?

Thank you.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    When this is "patched out" is this going to be a forced change, or an optional one? If forced, could there please be warning so users that do not want to change them can save our current configurations?

Thank you.
    I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned many times now, this will not affect current setups, only for fresh installs. (Correct me if I am wrong). That being said, unless you change your key bindings regularly, why not just back-up now?

I also saw the change in the blight notes that recall will be CTRL+~, so thank you
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Correct, it will not alter existing layouts unless you go and delete or reset your prefs.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

You can find PDF versions of the new keyboard guide on Blight. Please look in your Istaria install folder under guides:
    * documentation\keyboard_bw.pdf
    * documentation\keyboard_colour.pdf

These keyboard guides will go live when the client is released.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; May 14th, 2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: note about blight vs. live status

as has been asked, please add keys we can bind to hotkey banks 11-20.

and agreed with above, also something we can bind for group member 10, and for that matter, group member 1 since the game doesn't seem to force you into position 1 when you join a group. if it actually _does_ and i just haven't noticed, i apologize and you can ignore that. i know it hasn't always in the past (but i haven't grouped with more than 1 other person for a while).

Thread Information