Thread: Crafting Frustrations

Default Crafting Frustrations

I just hit 20 and thought I could craft my second armour piece-my head piece straight away,but I quickly found that the relevant formula requires a DragonScale craft level of 200 to use. Now I'm somewhat annoyed that they require such a high level to use,as I'm stting on 144 Scalecraft so far,with my various buffs,but given that I gain +5 to my crafting levels each level up,I'm going to need to be about lv 25 or so to use them,which is a heck of a lot of crafting. Are there any quicker ways to level them up,so I can craft my second piece of armour a bit sooner? I'm sitting at 20 Adventure and 16 Crafting currently. I did check out both Dralk and Chiconis but there's no quests there for me,currently.

Default Re: Crafting Frustrations

Scales require -craft- skill, a t2 scale is going to require t2 skills~
    Xarinnis (in/near KIon) Willg ive you craft quests, then, you're going to want to go NUthala and grind on spells untill you get to the right level - 30 being the highest level you're going to want to get at nuthala.
    as a small wanring - sandstone golems patrol the area too

At 144 scalecraft skill, a t6 scaleforge (player owned) with machine bonus of +90 will easily let you scribe the formuala and craft the scale. That is if you already got the bricks/bars from someone. You wouldn't be able to gather t2 until you get your craft up to lv20.

The only crafting quests these days are the skill quests every 10 craft levels. The dragon at Kion has the first set. For the rest you will need to speak to the separate trainers at Chiconis and Dralk.

Good luck in your crafting!

Xarinnis refuses to give me any quests whatsoever. All she says is "hello young one!What brings you to this dry and dusty town?" I didn't think I'd left any quests undone before I moved to Kion,but all I have available are the Gerix quests,of which I've finished up most of them,including the Dimensional Pocket quests which sent me to Parsina,rather than her. And yeah I didn't realize they were actually t2 recipes I thought that the novice trainer which I picked them up sold recipes that were usable at my level,and the next one up would sell that stuff. I don't know any high-level people that have machine bonuses on the Chaos shard and I don't like bothering people with that stuff, I'd much rather work at it myself,as the result is more than worth the effort.
    Last edited by Honeth; May 25th, 2013 at 05:13 AM.

Think I'm at ADV/CRA 22/21 right now, and went through similar trouble. Just doing sandstone spell-grinding on NT (a little slower than Nuthala, but, no golems to annoy you), I went from CRA16 to CRA20 in a couple of game-hours...did between 150-200 shards per trip, which, using auto-deconstruct and Unrelenting Winds, gave me about 2/3 of a level on each trip. Still didn't help with making my own head scale, but, a kind guildie made me a chest, head and 2 wing-scales, teched to kill....I'm like you, I'd rather do everything myself, but, it doesn't appear that we really can, as Dragon Crafters, unless we're happy waiting a LONG time. Ask someone...seems to be a lot of Dragons happy to help

I have a quest from the Kion pawnbroker to craft some Bronze-Sandstone Armor Wing Scales for Xarinnis, but can't at the moment since my crafting isn't quite high enough. I'm hoping that it's a sort of introduction quest, and once I complete it maybe Xarinnis will give others. If this is the case though, it's a bit odd that you get it from the pawnbroker and not Gerix. Also, Gerix says that Xarinnis is in Parsinia even though she's not.

P.S. Does anyone know where I can get the formula for T2 Dragon claws, and other Armor scales? Xerinnis only really sells spell formulas.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowrift View Post
    I have a quest from the Kion pawnbroker to craft some Bronze-Sandstone Armor Wing Scales for Xarinnis, but can't at the moment since my crafting isn't quite high enough. I'm hoping that it's a sort of introduction quest, and once I complete it maybe Xarinnis will give others. If this is the case though, it's a bit odd that you get it from the pawnbroker and not Gerix. Also, Gerix says that Xarinnis is in Parsinia even though she's not.

P.S. Does anyone know where I can get the formula for T2 Dragon claws, and other Armor scales? Xerinnis only really sells spell formulas.
    Huh, i don't remember such a quest, so i will presume it's a new quest - in which case i also wouldn't know whether it starts Xarinnis' line of craft quests, though it shouldn't. You can get Xarinnis' craft quests at lv15 craft.
    t2 dragon claws amd armor scale froms are both drop only.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeth View Post
    Xarinnis refuses to give me any quests whatsoever. All she says is "hello young one!What brings you to this dry and dusty town?" I didn't think I'd left any quests undone before I moved to Kion,but all I have available are the Gerix quests,of which I've finished up most of them,including the Dimensional Pocket quests which sent me to Parsina,rather than her. And yeah I didn't realize they were actually t2 recipes I thought that the novice trainer which I picked them up sold recipes that were usable at my level,and the next one up would sell that stuff. I don't know any high-level people that have machine bonuses on the Chaos shard and I don't like bothering people with that stuff, I'd much rather work at it myself,as the result is more than worth the effort.
    As I recall you had to do Gerix's quest for the dim pocket before Xerinnis would give you the craft ability quests. Now here is the kicker, Xerinnis used to be in Parsinia but was moved to Kion. I thought the quest had been updated with her new location in Kion. Now I wonder if they somehow broke things and that is preventing you from getting the craft quests. I don't have time to make a new alt to test this theory right now.

Beginner formula includes both t1 and t2, think that is what is confusing you. Journeyman formula is t3 and t4, and expert formula is t5. To find a t6 lair on Chaos, ask in dragon channel. I'm sure someone will give you directions.

To get the scale form for the Kion Pawnbroker's quest, talk to Gerix. That quest chain is unrelated to the dragon craft ablility quests, it is simply the dragon version of that chain. Bipeds have to craft a jewelery piece.

Dragoncraft trainers will sell strength and dexterity scale forms and the lesser gem tipped dragon claws (New Tris, Chiconis, Dralk). If you don't find it on the trainer than it is drop only. Xarinnis's inventory is different from the other trainers as she is only a "gate way" starting quest giver like Gerix does for adventure. The actual trainers for the different craft abilities are in Chiconis and Dralk, they will give you the quests for craft lv20 and up.

I don't have T6 machines but have T4s that give you 60 bonus. My lair is in Bristago and all the machines are on the first 2 levels. Feel free to use them anytime want to. There was a lair there also in Brist that had T6 machines, not sure if still there or not though.

Smaug

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    Huh, i don't remember such a quest, so i will presume it's a new quest - in which case i also wouldn't know whether it starts Xarinnis' line of craft quests, though it shouldn't. You can get Xarinnis' craft quests at lv15 craft.
    t2 dragon claws amd armor scale froms are both drop only.
    I have level 16 craft currently, but she still doesn't give any quests out. Do you know what mobs they drop from? I'll be needing a better claw soon but can't make any myself without the formula.

I have level 16 craft currently, but she still doesn't give any quests out. Do you know what mobs they drop from? I'll be needing a better claw soon but can't make any myself without the formula.
    Odd, hrm, i beleive the only requirment for xarinnis' quests are lv15+ craft.
    The next claw after lv19 you'll need is t2 and at lv25. and being as formulae are so nice to drop from everything you usually can't fight, you'll need to brawl either: Ish'kuks or Sal'guks (both on top of Abandoned Island and Scorpion Island), or a few varieties of skulks in skulk villages drop it too.

It turned out that I Needed to do the quest to kill 20 Greater Water Elementals for the quests to appear,which they did,and I now have them all completed. Someone mentioned the next claw after 19,which I believe is called Rose Quartz Tipped Dragon Claw. Could you possibly provide specifics on which mobs drop it,as I've been trying to find this out myself,with no success..

Quote Originally Posted by Honeth View Post
    It turned out that I Needed to do the quest to kill 20 Greater Water Elementals for the quests to appear,which they did,and I now have them all completed. Someone mentioned the next claw after 19,which I believe is called Rose Quartz Tipped Dragon Claw. Could you possibly provide specifics on which mobs drop it,as I've been trying to find this out myself,with no success..
    Oh yeha, should've emntioned youc an only take quests one at a time from either gerix or xarinnis.

As i said to snowrift: The next claw after lv19 you'll need is t2 and at lv25. and being as formulae are so nice to drop from everything you usually can't fight, you'll need to brawl either: Ish'kuks or Sal'guks (both on top of Abandoned Island and Scorpion Island), or a few varieties of skulks in skulk villages drop it too.

ish'kuks and sla'guks are best, being as only afew types of skulk drop it

What I meant was that specific quest seemed to unlock it,as before that she didn't have anything foe me,after it,she had a whole line of quests. And if there any way to tell what types of slulk drop it,as if I need to do this, I'd like to target them specifically. There's a site that lists techs and what drop them at http://istariareference.com/techs.as...li#techforsale but sadly it doesn't cover formulas.

Um, I think that site is showing the tech component drops, not what mobs drop the techs themselves. Techs and forms are dropped by a few different types of mobs, mainly aegis, undead I think and semi-intelligent mobs like pygmies and ogres.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Thread Information