Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarity II

Unhappy Clarity II

to my surprise I arrive back from a week vacation to realise My sorcerer has now lost his best ability !!! WHY was clarity II changed to a weak limited buff , now i think my sorcerer will have to retire

Default Re: Clarity II

horizons_1370117013.jpg

Can we please get Clarity II reverted back to the way it was? Yes, sorcerer needs things to make people want them to take the school along ( I don't know if Clarity II is masterable now or not - and if it is, that isn't helping. It would be nice if someone can find where in the patch notes this change was written about )

But now all they're good for is Spellbinding things and decreasing the power of enemy casters.

Edit: sorry about the quality of the picture >.>
    here's what in it: Clarity II -
    Delay - 20
    Recycle - 1min
    Target Effect - Fearlessness (Stun immunity) <---I would note this says nothing about mez immunity as well
    Duration: 30 seconds (Cannot be dispelled)

does this change also effect mobs ?....so now Reklar and the myloc queen also need to recast ?

horizons_1370119564.jpg

Possible I could've been 'distracted to attack another target', but here you go. Ima send the biped over with his stunning arrows and see what happens.

Edit: Just noticed that Tail whip hit for 0 primal - it would not hit for zero on a random mob, therefore I'll assume it hit Reklar and I didn't have the reklarslayer buff up.
    Last edited by Alisto; June 1st, 2013 at 08:58 PM.

Talk about a BS subtlety. No wonder it wasn't mentioned in notes. :P

On a side note, can anyone of you whom have Clarity II take a closer screenshot of the ability window? I know Cegaiel's reference site is missing it. My SORC is only 71.

http://istariareference.com/communit...ame=Clarity+II
    rip

unfortunately in my experience once they change an ability like this they will not change it back an will say its working as intended. As for masterable no its gained after level 50 so only usable as sorc class. mainly only really effects r a handful of creature that even have a stun/mes type of attack. epic wise would be dankor I think spelling is correct. So why any time was spent on making this change is beyond me when in my opinion there are far more important game issue that need to be addressed before things like this is even considered

Proof Reklar is now stunnable
    horizons_1370120549.jpg

seeing from the lore of the sorcerer class and them supposed to be a master of mind. changing the clarity II ability to a short duraction to me breaks the lore of the class seeing how they are not truely masters if they can't deter or prevent another from controlling their mind and/or actions

seeing from the lore of the sorcerer class and them supposed to be a master of mind. changing the clarity II ability to a short duraction to me breaks the lore of the class seeing how they are not truely masters if they can't deter or prevent another from controlling their mind and/or actions
    To add on to this....Fearlessness for a sorcerer makes absolutely no sense to me. I always saw it more like "I can resist all your stuns and stuff because I've trained my mind to be able to resist such things when awake ." And not "I'm completely devoid of fear temporarily 8D *Charges a horde of things*"

The bug is that it should be a Mez immunity that lasts 30 seconds, instead of Fearlessness. There was no attempt as a "stealth nerf" or anything here, simply a missed release note and a bug to boot.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The bug is that it should be a Mez immunity that lasts 30 seconds, instead of Fearlessness. There was no attempt as a "stealth nerf" or anything here, simply a missed release note and a bug to boot.
    Mez immunity only or Stun and Mez immunity (as it was before the duration limit)?

Knossos

Any chance of reverting the change? Sorcerer doesn't have much as it is, and I'd say this change really hurt them.

i even reread the Sorcerer Thread and there is not any reference to changing Clarity II . and if there was I would have reponded to it on that thread

Change back ClarityII back to what it was- no matter what reason behind the last change.

It was the ONLY reason to play a sorcerer.
    And I persuaded lots of my friends to level sorcerer up ClarityII.

Inacceptable

Reklar stunnable? That is not really good news- let hatchies do the job then
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

THAT!!!

I agree

Flameus Nimrod: 100/100/100/100 Lupussan Nimrod: Adventure Rating 278 - Crafting Rating 234 GMC

Once again something is done to make us want to lose interest in the game. So sad this change was implelmented and will stubbornly not be reverted simply because its something we like and find useful. I ask the questions: Is it really worth it to make these changes? What is gained by making this change?

So does this mean Clarity II will be reinstated as it was and something else changed instead?

OK not to be rude but how was it a bug in the first place? an since this change has come to take away a small edge players had vs some mobs can we PLEASE have focus on nothing minor like this to get the crystal shaper school to the live shards?

I thought Clarity II was a mezz/stun immunity that was a permanent effect. Really nice.

Or am I thinking of the prior version and now it is different?

I will make it a stun/mez immunity again, but having it remain without duration was in fact a bug. 30 seconds of immunity out of every 60 is pretty powerful.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information