Thread: Good places for flax and kenaf

Landolph

Default Good places for flax and kenaf

I am an aspiring Weaver and curious where there are good spots to work flax and kenaf. I have been using the flax spawns near Kion, and getting close to where I will start to work kenaf. Are there any finishing machines near flax/kenaf spawns, or do they just have the machines for producing spools? Any ideas here would be greatly appreciated! [:)]

Elkandriel

Default Re: Good places for flax and kenaf

dunno of your server but Heather has awesome kenaf field and rci plot right next to it with beginner clothworking shop being build. Also maybe you want to check kenaf port... at least name indicates good :).

Boryon

I haven't tried Heather for kenaf, but have found that there's always a plentiful supply in the SW of abandoned isle.

Boryon

i'm not a weaver, but heard from a guildie that fabric island is the best.
    there's flax, kenaf and cotton there and some machines too. so you can stay there all the way till t4 :)
    go to bristugo then port to Solitaire in scorpion island and from there walk north
    Living at Istaria as
    Chiptus Dalak of Order
    71/95 dragon

aka
    Chaim Dalak of Order
    lvl 100 Paladin+Carpenter

Yes Fabric Island is the best. Just follow Chiptus description.
    On Unity where i am playing there soon will be a clothworking shop next to the cotton :)
    Ular Naga

Proud "Handy Man" of the -Dark Saga-
    Unity Shard

"First i followed the light then the blight, but suddenly nature showed me the path to walk"

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

For flax, I recommend Istaria's Loom on Genevia. Teleport there from Bristugo and head northwest along the road.

For kenaf, both Kenaf Port and the Fabric Island are good sources. I don't know and haven't seen a weaver hall near or in Kenaf Port, though. The Fabric Island one is still in construction from last update.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Fabric Isle is definitely the best for t1-3 imo, especially since my biped just completed his clothworking shop next the the second flax spawn! There is now a set of both machines near both flax spawns as well as the kenaf and cotton.
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good dipped in chocolate!" - Can't remember who

Currently being a weaver 50+ I can say that Fabric isle is probably the best place to work kenaf and be close to machines, save it for Heather (if there is a player build machine in town). Fabric isle is a great place to work cotton as well, however there are always options on going up to the Valley of Repose. there is also cotton out there near Mahagra, though the spawn rate will definatly notsupport more then one crafter..
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Quote Originally Posted by Elkandriel
    dunno of your server but Heather has awesome kenaf field and rci plot right next to it with beginner clothworking shop being build. Also maybe you want to check kenaf port... at least name indicates good [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img].
    If you're referring to the Chaos server, that would be my clothworking shop [:D]. Hope to start construction this weekend.

Fabric island is good for leveling, but not if you're doing construction work. It's too far a run from the nearest destination pad. On Chaos at least, there are multiple clothworking shops in the general area. I don't know if there are journeyman/expert shops, or if they're all beginner.

Abandoned Island is better for construction, but not grinding levels, since it has a convenient pad and portal, but most of the kenaf spawn isn't very close to the machines. Also, the machines provide no bonus, being empire machines rather than player owned.

Kenaf Port is... dissapointing. Last time I looked, the spawn wasn't nearly as good as any of the other locations, and noone had built a clothworking shop there, at least not on Chaos.

Heather will be very nice once that clothworking shop is finished, since it's got both machines with bonuses very close to a large spawn of kenaf. It isn't far from the pad, though there's no portal. The entire reason I bought that plot was because most of the weaving I do right now is kenaf, and I find the other locations rather annoying. I was even careful not to pin the shop down too tightly, so I can upgrade the shop at a later point. In fact, since almost everything on that plot needs kenaf, the clothworking shop is the first thing I'm working on.

The clothworking shop in Heather on Chaos is open for business.

Thanks to whoever started the Kenaf, and to Katscratch, who finished the Kenaf and did the Essence.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

casting rez IV.....

okay here's the deal....
    i always did my elmwork in the field outside dalimond, around the hillside from the fest grounds. it has a complete wood working station and was unguarded with a large spawn.
    now however, since the arrival of the holcomb family and their troubles, that lovely field has been infested with ruxus and a couple weak arbotus.
    understand, these are no threat to me, but they are an annoyance.

therefore, my noobish question is, is there another place to do elm with a complete wws, ungaurded, with a portal within relative easy distance?
    i will continue to do work at my old haunt if not, but it never hurts to ask, eh?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Try the spawn out of Elmnic, the spawn isn't as close grouped as I'd like, but never ending and full Imperial shop and out portal right there.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

thanx loc!! you are awesome!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information