Thread: Geleons scroll? What?

Default Geleons scroll? What?

•Geleon's Master Scroll is no longer infinitely reusable.
    •Battlemages can no longer wear chain or platemail
    •Reklar is no longer stunnable or mezzable.

Taken from Blight Delta 242.
    http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=504

What is with all of these sudden changes? Seriously. I'm pretty close now to cancelling my annual subs. Got any more great ideas as of late to throw in the mix?

I mean, I don't see many people if at all complaining about some of these issues. How on earth do these things come up? Is it really important in staff discussions? Seems like busy work to populate lists for patch releases.

Sorry, but something like this is just ****************. As someone with intentions to hit 278 and relying on this scroll, with all of my work and builds with the motivation to get the milestone done, this puts a big dent in things. Granted that's entirely selfish, I have spent months and time and energy into fulfilling steps of this plan, now only to see it's at risk suddenly. Not to rehash old subjects but first silos, then Clarity II, now this? Some of these game changers are reminiscent of what NGE did to SWG. Asheron's Call is starting to look appealing again. I can't imagine these radical changes sitting well with the subscription base, generously speaking.

/rant off :P

Edit: Also wanted to note, I returned playing since January of this year, last time having been during 03-04 when it was Horizons. Despite not having the long played history, I hope my time dedicated daily to this game with the amount of hours I have killed shows my love and appreciation for what Istaria is. I just hope my time in this game does not end for incompetence in comprehending the players.
    Last edited by Dracillion; June 6th, 2013 at 04:19 AM.
    rip

Default Re: Geleons scroll? What?

Reklar should not be stunnable- this was a bug and made no sense.

So devs corrected what players asked for- Thy devs:-)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Reklar, yes. It wasn't stunnable before so nothing to comment here.

But Battlemages no longer able to wear chain/platemail? Really? Then what's the point to keep the class? Platemail was their reason to be - plated mages. You could as well delete the class.

To complete the list of unwanted/unneeded changes i could add: prototype claw, consumable effects from dropped crystals, changes to SoG, limits on ped buildable fluff/storage, sorc nerfed to the point that my biped wants to have his 100 levels in sorc class moved in some other class of his choice and now battlemages?
    In the same time-frame there were nice changes too, but at least in my case, the frustration built up to levels that make the game not entertaining anymore.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Geleon's Master Scroll is no longer infinitely reusable.

So making it yet another not worth the effort one use"LESS" quest?

Smaug

I was always under the impression that the master scroll was a 1 time use ... when did it get become reusable ?\

first they mess up the only reason ppl had to bother leveling sorcerer, now taking the battle part of battle mage out. what makes a Battlemage, without the ability to "battle". any other bright ideas to finish chasing away the rest of the players? maybe a few more nerfs to the rest of the classes as well? lets take bows away from rangers next. or flame spells for mage classes. maybe remove healing from healers too? have fun with the game folks, cause they haven't filled their quota of ruining the rest of it yet.

though it seems to be getting to that point, one step at a time.

i do believe galeon's master scroll wasn't intended to be used more than once anyway. low lvl quest, one time protection.

i also believe that these devs are doing everything they can to add more bugs, and (not) fix the real issues in the game. and one by one, ruin everyones reasoning for taking certain classes.. this stems from ppl programming a game they don't play, nor particularly care about. i know this post will most likely be deleted, but i had to say it

Galeon's Master Scroll is meant to be a one time use anyway i thought? (It's a powerful thing...it should be one time, in my opinion)
    Reklar isn't supposed to be stunnable either.
    Now i don't know much as for battle mages, but i do know about mages. One of the many reasons why i love spiritist: syphons and leeching spells, to heal up since so much damage is done being as limited to cloth. I can understand platemail - I mean, to me, platemail is heavily armored, thus should only be able to be worn by warrior-like classes, chainmail i am a bit reluctant to not say anything about. Scalemail is a bit below chainmail, and actually well suits a battle mage - not heavily protected, nor weak enough that anything would in theory penetrate it. I would think atleast that's able to be worn by them.
    *Not understanding why so much complaining for these three. then again. also doesn't understand peds that well.*

Pls folks,
    I can understand if you are annoyed about things and changes.
    I was too.
    But don`t you see?
    Things have been changed back, good compromises have been found or can be elaborated.
    Thats how it was in the past and will be in the future.
    Pls lets stop spreading bad mood and factoids ( this applies to me too!)

Lets discuss and take care of Istaria together.

(though all this changes confuse me- any infos for players, so we can understand better?)
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; June 6th, 2013 at 03:55 PM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Azath View Post
    Galeon's Master Scroll is meant to be a one time use anyway i thought? (It's a powerful thing...it should be one time, in my opinion)
    Reklar isn't supposed to be stunnable either.
    Now i don't know much as for battle mages, but i do know about mages. One of the many reasons why i love spiritist: syphons and leeching spells, to heal up since so much damage is done being as limited to cloth. I can understand platemail - I mean, to me, platemail is heavily armored, thus should only be able to be worn by warrior-like classes, chainmail i am a bit reluctant to not say anything about. Scalemail is a bit below chainmail, and actually well suits a battle mage - not heavily protected, nor weak enough that anything would in theory penetrate it. I would think atleast that's able to be worn by them.
    *Not understanding why so much complaining for these three. then again. also doesn't understand peds that well.*
    Spiritist isn't even in the mage sub-class it belongs to the mystic sub-class of which cleric or healer is the main class of.

If you want to compare battlemage to another school, both being prestige schools then it is probably more appropriate to compare it to KNOC or Chaos Warrior.

Battle mage is supposed to be a school between warrior and mage. Its a little bit more on the casty side than a KNOC. Battle mage has plate and certainly does not get access to all of the really good mage abilities or spells, nor very much of the warrior abilities either. In fact Battlemage gets about 50% of the mage abilities (none of the really good ones) and 50% of the warrior abilities (none of the really good ones again.) Where as KNOC in comparison is more sword than spell and gets around 80% of the warrior abilities (it like chaos warrior gets quite a few the good ones like critical strike V) and about 20% of the mage abilities (which is pretty much just all the spells a mage can cast, nothing else.) The only thing battlemage really gets over KNOC is Multicast II. That said you can get Multicast III on mage and Multicast IV on conjurer, but those again are purely mage based classes.

The thing to also keep in mind is that battlemage really is a proper prestige class. Its a long process to actually make an effective battlemage, and alot of work. You can't just start out as a battlemage, you have to level warrior and mage schools first before even taking up battlemage as a school.

Like a battlemage, KNOC wears plate as well so changing battlemages out of plate to anything less is actually taking away from the school as far as balance to other mage/warrior prestige classes is concerned. Knoc and chaos warrior are more melee and do more damage where Battlemage has that edge on defense in platemail but isn't even half as uber on the melee and isn't as good as a mage either. The lack of any of the good mage and warrior abilities was a trade off for that little bit of extra defense in the platemail.

I don't think the battlemage should be changed out of platemail. If platemail is a problem and that's the case then I would ask why a cleric can wear plate. The answer is pretty much the same and I wouldn't want either changed.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Azath, i will try to shed some light on Battlemages for you.
    What they share in common with mage (that is MAGE, an arcane class, not spiritist which is another monster from mystic line of schools) is the ability to cast all arcane spells, if they actually have the required skill in the flame/ice/summoning/conjuring lines. That is it.
    To get them to a decent level of power you have to backup your battlemage with 100 mage, 96 conjurer, 100 berserker/monk (for evasion), 100 warrior/knoc/reaver (for 1h slash) skill and 100 cleric and still they are not as destructive as mages and conjurers since they can only use the low level masterable abilities from those classes - that is abilities under lvl 50.

Now, if you remove Plate from them, what are they? Unpowered gimps in paper armor, right?
    And what can you possibly give them to counter this?
    More abilities to increase their casting power? No, cause you enter mage/conjurer realm
    Much Much More melee (remember, their melee is crap anyway)? No, cause you get into the real melee realm - spearman, zerker, chsw, knoc

Pff, I don't know why I even bother...
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Sorry, folks, but this thread is so off topic that it doesn't have a single topic any longer, thus I'm closing the thread.

The particular scroll in question were never meant to be used multiple times and it was a bug that they were, simple as that. Feel free to continue discussions about the numerous other topics raised in this thread in the appropriate thread... assuming you haven't already, that is.

Thread Information