Thread: Tossing in the hat

Default Tossing in the hat

Due to another thread being locked, I'll post this here and say my peace.

This was going to be my last post on the Geleon's scroll thread that got locked earlier today. Fed up with what I'm realizing was a bad investment on my part. Cutting my losses. I've currently 7 annual subs, four of which that won't expire for about eight months, so there will be plenty of time to divvy up the plots.

As far as I'm aware with the scroll, I understood it to be an artifact. Granted it comes from a low level quest, it is an incredibly useful item and definitely bridges the gap between races, considering Dwarf would otherwise "dwarf" the other races. I know plenty of people whom use it quite often, and a big portion of leveling 200+ rating involves Doom which again, makes good use of the scroll.

The only issue I can see is that people deleted the scroll at one point thinking it was similar to the master healing scrolls and such. Ok. Simply return the item to them. I can see that mistake. If it is not in your policy in restoring items, then remove their quest flag and let them redo it. That is only fair. We all make mistakes.

Now, if the scroll is a one time use, it is pretty worthless. I mean, as often as you may use it, you're really going to carry that around for that one moment to let it shine, possibly to just dump it for nothing. The scroll HAS BEEN reusable thus far, really no need to change it now. This game is PvE, not PvP, and like some other changes, this matter has no business being brought up.

People over time have become accustomed to certain things. Geleon's Master Scroll, being able to load up on silos (thankfully that hasn't hit, yet), Clarity II, etc. etc. The players are the game. Without them, you have "Tazoon worldwide". This isn't 03-04 release time, this is 2013. If the goal of these moves is to simply dismantle the player base and shut down, just pull the plug like others have done and cut your losses and be done with it. The game thrives on the continued existence of established veteran players. Again, this is pure PvE environment. You aren't competing with one another. These 'class balancing' issues should not come up. They should be 'class incentives' such as Crossbowman. You want an OP class I see all the time? Ranger. Rapid Fire Stance? Flurry? Lightning Arrows? I mean I could ********** and moan as well on the popularity of the class, but what's the point? They serve a play style and niche like any other. What other players decide to play has no bearing on my game experience or play style. Instead of penalizing players on current ideal classes, alternate viable options in other schools and avenues should be considered to encourage diversity. I would think you would want to "add" to the overall choice list, not remove. I won't include Dragons as they are a complete joke for leveling and overall endeavors (11 days played, 100/100 and all abilities to X, really?). Most I've encountered don't know what it is to play a biped. They don't have a clue about rating. They haven't successfully branched into a solid multiclass foundation. Don't confuse a paying subscriber with any player. Suggestions are always floating around, but it seems like there is a lot of biped critique from predominant dragon players. Any sensible arguments I've seen has come from players whom play a biped, some also having a dragon as well. Combine that with the devs probably not throwing in the game hours they may or may not have had before, they are simply out of tune with the establishment. Why would you possibly introduce changes that could potentially hurt existing players without mitigation or compromise? Why lose subscriptions and gamble on recuperating those subs or gaining new ones? Why separate bipeds and dragons in the 'balancing' acts?

If you're on a free human account, be thankful that this game has one of the most lax f2p systems. There are no experience gain penalties or level caps or item equipment limitations.

blah blah blah blah lol
    Thank the developers for the good content they've pushed recently such as camera controls, new /selectnearest commands, distance in target window, additional hotbars (albeit you can't bind to them lol) and swappable hotkeys.

It was fun!
    rip

Default Re: Tossing in the hat

With as fast as hotfixes have been pushed, it's really poor to wait months to finally claim it was a bug. When you update new content, you usually follow up on that content and have things noted within the next patch period. Why, after all this time, suddenly some of these abilities or items are bugs, is beyond me. It would seem reasonable that if nothing is said after a period of time, that the results are indeed intended and things are functioning properly. It shows the obvious that those whom affect the game most do not play or have an understanding of it.
    rip

Default Re: Tossing in the hat

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    With as fast as hotfixes have been pushed, it's really poor to wait months to finally claim it was a bug. When you update new content, you usually follow up on that content and have things noted within the next patch period. Why, after all this time, suddenly some of these abilities or items are bugs, is beyond me. It would seem reasonable that if nothing is said after a period of time, that the results are indeed intended and things are functioning properly. It shows the obvious that those whom affect the game most do not play or have an understanding of it.
    If it isn't reported or found it is still a bug even if its discovered months or years later. That is what happened with Clarity2, it wasn't reported at any point in the last few years for what it was and then when the change was patched to Blight it wasn't reported.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information