Thread: Alphy's disappearing act.

Default Alphy's disappearing act.

If people have noticed, Alphy has done a disappearing act on chaos.
    The reason behind that: My laptop's hard-drive had a malfunction and allowed all my programs to take control of the laptop and couldn't save any of my programs. Sadly, I had to be given a new hard-drive that's bare with no programs. Due to having really slow Telstra internet as I live in Australia I sadly can't re-download Istaria onto my laptop, and I'm choosing to not play Istaria for 18 months and possibly a bit more or less. Only to get my School stuff out of the way and to fix some stuff up.

I will still be here on the forums and you can contact me by email which should be on my profile somewhere.
    I may try to re-download Istaria back onto my laptop, but I may or may not venture back for a while.
    Rawr!???

Blog Entries

Default Re: Alphy's disappearing act.

you have to come back i refuse to believe that you will be gone for that long alphy come back i need you *wanders around lonely wishing that alphy will come back soon*

Do you still have your old hard drive?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Sadly I don't have my old hard-drive as the computer tech dude's replaced it and threw it away as it was no use.
    *Picks Shadow up and hugs her gently, kissing her forehead* Its only 18 months, it's not that long. And besides I might pop on now and than to check how things are going, if I can..
    Rawr!???

Blog Entries

*curls up and shakes from crying*
    I am very lucky to know my bonded mate and even luckier still to know i am always on his mind and he on mine for that i am very happy.

the computer tech dude's replaced it and threw it away
    Ah. Oh well then. As a precaution, I advise changing all of your passwords and use the "logout" function on any websites you have asked to remember your login on. No idea what the tech guy did, and who knows where the hard drive will end up (heh. eBay?). Data can be recovered even from a bad hard drive, which means someone else may have your passwords and session cookies.

In the future, when you have your hard drive replaced, always ask for the old one back. It's still your property; may be under warranty; and importantly, you can choose to keep it safe or destroy its contents.

Anyways, take care and enjoy your time off!
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Just have someone mail you the game install on a thumbdrive!

Or a copy of the installed game folder + worldcache. Mine appears to be about 1gb for chaos world cache, and the game itself minus all my prefs and screenshots is about 3gb. So even a cheapo 4gb would be enough. and, you wouldn't even have to patch. (Be sure to have whoever sends to not send the .lopt files inside prefs since their account login info could be stored in those files. Likely all the prefs files will be created at launch if none are present. so the folder can be empty.)

Copy the folder somplace on your new hardrive, make a shortcut to the jlauncher.exe, done.

Can be mailed in the post office as "Media Mail" which is a bit slower but also alot cheaper.

Thread Information