Thread: Indomitable - Valkor the Impaler and Son of Gigaroth

Default Indomitable - Valkor the Impaler and Son of Gigaroth

This is just information for other hunters out there, as I think I've brought this to the dev's attention via support already. Maybe this will make more sense than my ticket though. Wasn't 100% sure where to pop this but here's the basics:

The two aforementioned mobs (and probably others) have an ability called Indomitable. When Son of Gigaroth uses it, I believe it gives 30 secs of immense evasion; he cannot be hit by anything. The ability is on a 5 minute recycle, so it doesn't make SoG immpossible, but you'll be healing a lot for those 30 seconds

According to the wikia, Indomitable used to give immunity to root debuffs, so I'm not sure if that in itself is a bug. However, when Valkor the Impaler buffs upon spawning and uses Indomitable, he seems to have the buff indefinitely. I have yet to successfully dispel it, even when using Multi-Cast 2, Perfect Spell and Expulse 2 or Dispel 5. The group doesn't typically last more than 3 minutes before throwing in the towel, but we spend those 3 minutes missing Valkor with everything.

Firstly, I challenge all hunters out there to dispel Indomitable! Maybe as Conj with the highest Multi-Cast, good luck
    Secondly, I challenge the devs to fix it, pretty please

It's kinda the only thing I've done for the last 6 months and it's been fun! But there's lots of people who are trying to hunt for the Valkor weapon pieces, so whatever was change, if it could just be changed back super quick, that'd be totally awesome!
    Thanks.

Happy hunting all, see yas in Istaria
    iuvenilis
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Default Re: Indomitable - Valkor the Impaler and Son of Gigaroth

He's definitely bugged...

Should be noted he was bugged both before and after the chaos issues this week. Maybe a group on order can go give him a try as well...

We (Order- group with Mali or Morkx as groupleder)
    could not get Valkor down since a while- we already wrote about this here .
    I asked for a fix several times.
    Will try to get a group to test them all again this weekend.
    Not many interested in hunting them anymore.
    And no Mali here anymore:-((
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

We killed valkor today a group of 6 of us on order. 2 drags. KNoC a healer a ranger and a cleric. Took us around 20 mins and was a tough battle exactly what an EPIC battle should be. He could dodge a fair bit but wasn't untouchable. Personally I reckon he's perfect as he is now.

Beat you to posting it alisto
    Last edited by Calyndrell; June 15th, 2013 at 03:34 PM.

Just downed Valkor minutes ago with the Scions.

- He remains completely stun immune, though his guards have TEMPORARY stun/mez immunity (Which it nice! Keep it that way )
    - his spirit bolts seem to have been buffed slightly (went from 800-900 to 900-1000ish)
    - he still casts multicast and then nukes someone
    - He appears to have Exsanguinate now (A party member got hit for 2100.) I don't recall him having this skill earlier, but I like it.
    - Has quite a bit more dodge-y-ness - a dragon in the group missed all three Gold rage hits once, and our caster dragon missed some melee attacks, though I have looked and am continuing to look through logs, and I see no periods of excessive dodges.
    - Still vulnerable to fire damage.

In short - I like this new Valkor ^^; he is actually a challenge.

Edit: I went as a healer, and LOVED the changes that have been made. Aura of Health was a great help.
    Edit2: Forgot to add something....I -can- vouch for the fact that there was something wrong with his evasion recently. I went and tested him with my biped/dragon a couple weeks ago, and he dodged every single Gold Rage, normal attack, ravage and other attack for as long as I fought him, though for this hunt he was ok.
    Last edited by Alisto; June 15th, 2013 at 03:42 PM.

He appears to have Exsanguinate now
    No, this is an old skill.
    I -can- vouch for the fact that there was something wrong with his evasion recently. I went and tested him with my biped/dragon a couple weeks ago, and he dodged every single Gold Rage, normal attack, ravage and other attack for as long as I fought him, though for this hunt he was ok
    Perhaps he needs deeper testing then, because on my last go he was completely evasive to everything including 100% to-hit attacks, and that wasnt any boss school buff, just passive and lasted forever.
    Took us around 20 mins and was a tough battle exactly what an EPIC battle should be
    I wouldnt call time consuming battle a challenge, but Valkor's strength had no changes in a long time so downing him is still an excellent achieve. As for SoG, i would like to see an old one, where battles were fairly quick win or quick wipe and required skill and coordination rather than patience. But thats just my opinion.
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

Quote Originally Posted by Chibisuke View Post
    No, this is an old skill.

Perhaps he needs deeper testing then, because on my last go he was completely evasive to everything including 100% to-hit attacks, and that wasnt any boss school buff, just passive and lasted forever.

I wouldnt call time consuming battle a challenge, but Valkor's strength had no changes in a long time so downing him is still an excellent achieve. As for SoG, i would like to see an old one, where battles were fairly quick win or quick wipe and required skill and coordination rather than patience. But thats just my opinion.
    Ok as a group we took down the three main epic boss's yesterday. (Valkor, SoG and Reklar) the longest battle I think was Sog at around 25 mins and I'd hardly call 25 mins "time consuming". If you want a quick end level fight go for Tiber or Umyarr.. and expect the same level of loot you get of them. As for fighting SoG and Valkor it did take a certain amount of care from the cleric/healer in the party to limit any downs we did get. I was more than happy at the difficulty of these bosses good work devs.

On Chaos, he is completely evasive to every single attack. For over 5 minutes we tried and every player missed him 100%. Perfect spell didn't help either. Then we we flew off, he ran down the mountain, got stuck on the side of the mountain (once he was out of our range he stopped moving), and remained there. We couldn't push him any further since it was too steep to land and try to attack. He never returned to his lair until the server reboot. Then we tried him again, he was still bugged.

just did him a second time... on order atleast He's doable with a group of 5

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    I'd hardly call 25 mins "time consuming". As for fighting SoG and Valkor it did take a certain amount of care from the cleric/healer in the party to limit any downs we did get.
    You probably never fought the former versions of thoose bosses, speaking of healing. But im glad to know you having fun with as it is.
    If you want a quick end level fight go for Tiber or Umyarr.. and expect the same level of loot you get of them
    End level fight? This two? Now thats new. And i said nothing about 10 seconds fights. SoG was a fair 5-7 minutes fight and required everyone to be geared and ready if you go with a group of 2-4. Like i see it now you can simply crush him even with players that wear mixed and messed up armors, messed up stats, no gems, and still win. I repeat - i would like to see an old SoG and challenge, but that doesnt mean im saying he was better than new. He was just different.
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    <snip> If you want a quick end level fight go for Tiber or Umyarr.. <snip>
    I consider neither of these to be 'end level fights'. I've soloed both of them, many times, in crafting scales and a tool claw....

Had a go at him on Order again. Every single attack except the biped's Perfect Spell Dispel V missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibisuke View Post
    You probably never fought the former versions of thoose bosses, speaking of healing. But im glad to know you having fun with as it is.
    End level fight? This two? Now thats new. And i said nothing about 10 seconds fights. SoG was a fair 5-7 minutes fight and required everyone to be geared and ready if you go with a group of 2-4. Like i see it now you can simply crush him even with players that wear mixed and messed up armors, messed up stats, no gems, and still win. I repeat - i would like to see an old SoG and challenge, but that doesnt mean im saying he was better than new. He was just different.
    Firstly please don't assume as I've been playing this game since well before merge and as a former member of axe and anvil enjoyed several hunts. And relish difficult hunts. As I quote often dp = np

Secondly I chose those two intentionally because they are easy and because their level suggests end of game.. ie above 100.

And yes I'm having fun that's all I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    This is just information for other hunters out there, as I think I've brought this to the dev's attention via support already. Maybe this will make more sense than my ticket though. Wasn't 100% sure where to pop this but here's the basics:

The two aforementioned mobs (and probably others) have an ability called Indomitable. When Son of Gigaroth uses it, I believe it gives 30 secs of immense evasion; he cannot be hit by anything. The ability is on a 5 minute recycle, so it doesn't make SoG immpossible, but you'll be healing a lot for those 30 seconds

According to the wikia, Indomitable used to give immunity to root debuffs, so I'm not sure if that in itself is a bug. However, when Valkor the Impaler buffs upon spawning and uses Indomitable, he seems to have the buff indefinitely. I have yet to successfully dispel it, even when using Multi-Cast 2, Perfect Spell and Expulse 2 or Dispel 5. The group doesn't typically last more than 3 minutes before throwing in the towel, but we spend those 3 minutes missing Valkor with everything.

Firstly, I challenge all hunters out there to dispel Indomitable! Maybe as Conj with the highest Multi-Cast, good luck
    Secondly, I challenge the devs to fix it, pretty please

It's kinda the only thing I've done for the last 6 months and it's been fun! But there's lots of people who are trying to hunt for the Valkor weapon pieces, so whatever was change, if it could just be changed back super quick, that'd be totally awesome!
    Thanks.

Happy hunting all, see yas in Istaria
    iuvenilis
    he cannot be hit by even magic spells?

Quote Originally Posted by heavymacer View Post
    Correct.
    It's possible it's not happening on every attempt, but when Valkor uses Indomitable (which he will do so when spawned), sometimes it remains on him permanently. I think I mentioned it above, but the wikia says that ability grants root spell immunity, however it's now buffing in some other way and results in everyone missing everything (Perfect Spell will still work, but I was still unable to dispel Indomitable).

So perhaps it is now granting very high evasion? Perhaps it was meant to grant high evasion against root-debuff spells only, but now affects everything? In either case, it should not be lasting indefinitely

When Son of Gigaroth uses Indomitable, it also results in everyone missing everything, however it lasts 30secs with a 5min recycle (I've confirmed this via my logs). So you just get to sit there for 30secs every 5minutes while everyone just keep healing themselves.

It is fantastic news to hear that it's not happening all the time (at least on Order, I don't think us Chaos-ians have been successful in a while), but I personally haven't logged in for a few weeks now since this started, not as a protest, simply because that's what I've been doing for the past 6 months that, and I've returned to the PS3 for a while

Be absolutely awesome to get a hint of progress made by the dev team on this matter, though...
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    Had a go at him on Order again. Every single attack except the biped's Perfect Spell Dispel V missed.
    It might be an intermittent thing then, different each time he spawns? At least on order. I'd say chaos' valkor is truly broken from what I'm reading.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

I managed to hit him while Perfect Spell was up.

This is still an issue on Chaos. We'll get a group together, pull him, and if he's evading everything for more than 30 seconds we'll all jump ship and let him go back into his castle. We wait 5 minutes, then pull him again. If he's still bugged we rinse and repeat, but about 50% of the time when we pull him again he's back to normal and we can hit him again. It would be very nice if this could get fixed soon, but for everyone else who likes to hunt this guy at least there is a "way around it" and we don't have to throw in the towel for good until its fixed.

Chaos: Kesson 100/100/100/100 Emeralde 100/100/100/48 Kestrom 218/128 Ryasu 100/100

Thread Information