Thread: Leaving Istaria

Default Leaving Istaria

Leaving Istaria
    cancelling sub(s)
    because of annyonce and anger and frustration about game policy, changes, bugs aso..
    Is this really a solution?
    And if- is it a good solution?
    Are there other solutions?

Istaria is a very special game
    with very special people on both sides
    a very special history
    maybe it needs /deserves a special treatment too?

How would it feel -if you try to return,
    want to breathe Istaria`s air again
    look up whats going on in forum
    meet old friends, see familiar faces,
    (with good reasons we greet with "welcome home")
    fly(walk) to places, you spend a great time

and there is...
    NOTHING ?

I respect the decisions of everyone if he/she chooses that way.
    We lost close friends in the last weeks, and that hurts.
    We`ve been VERY annoyed about some changes like othere were.
    And I really even do not understand why some changes seem so urgend,
    while we can`t holdnew players
    -and we should keep the vets busy-if they manage to find things they love to do- after long years in Istaria.

But Flame and me would never stop paying for at least one sub each.
    We would take a break and relax- and return to find out how things went.
    We did that before.
    This game will be 10 years old this year. And we will support it as long as its there.
    Paying a sub is a small contribution if you can affort.

And I will not stop tantalize Amon`s an Velea`s nerves, if I disagree with things they do.
    And I will not stop to say "Thank You devs" for great patches (which the last one all in all was)
    and all the work and love and enthusiasm they supply the game with, every Istarian day.
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; June 22nd, 2013 at 09:02 AM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: Leaving Istaria

I second every single word Lov.

I've been a away quiet often, the last time because I've been ill for about half a year. For me it was great to come back, exploring the changes - I don't like everything that is new, but all in all I'm impressed what this small dev team has done the last years - keep on the work devs and to players I can only say: be a bit more patient in some issues, they often rolled back the one or other thing that hurt us.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Wow Lov,
    You made my heart stop beating for a second there when I read "Leaving Istaria"
    but as usual you said wise things

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I am soo happy I fully read your post Lov ... and I agree with you . Players and the development team needs to work together and make Istaria the BEST game , but that means open communications and the willingness for change or stability in the game .
    I was looking in forums and ran across some old Stickys labeled WOLRD projects ..why are these not still used? .. a great way to get everyone involved and why is there not a thread showing all the old bugs so we can work together and elimanate them so we can move forward easier
    I have also let my anger loose and said I would leave but now I see that Amon and the rest of his Team will listen and are willing to let us voice our opinions and take them into considerations

I also got worried for a moment here, until I read the post... I support what you said, Lovwyrm. I'm also paying each month, even if I am not really around a lot these days. But I will log in more during summer holidays, as I am far from done in Istaria.

*echoes all the sentiments of those above, and serves each a container full of klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    Thank you for helping make Istaria our home. <3

Got me scared for a bit there Lov... was wondering wth could happen in Istaria to make you quit.
    Glad to see you keep your positive attitude although lately, more often than not, I see frown faces even from you.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Thank you all for your feedback my friends.
    Here, ingame or via pm. Much appreciated!
    *winghugs*

You are right my scaled brother-all the more-I felt I need to write this post.
    And well-I never thought I would hope to see the spoiled biped
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; June 23rd, 2013 at 09:13 AM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Order/Chaos, Harro and Pleasant Canyon respectively

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said, Lov. <3 You've always been one of the wisest, nicest and fairest people we have.

Glad to have so many people think this way. c: Love you all, people.

Glad you are sticking around, and understand how it hurts when friends leave.

Meep! Lov, you almost had me thinking "Aw no not yet another beloved Istarian leaving"
    Well said, You always know just what to say, and how to say it *high paw*

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

scared me too, lov!!
    i may not be around as much as i like, but i am here until they turn the lights out (lived it once before!! ). i am happy to support horizons thru my money and my meager talents via the blog (i started out blogging for the second plot slot, but now i do it because i am learning new things about the game and leading a ton of new peeps to istaria! my last post got 200 reads in less than 24 hours....).
    i am a proud istarian and shall be so until the bittersweet end!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    You made my heart stop beating for a second there when I read "Leaving Istaria"
    This.
    Horizons, or as it calls nowdays - Istaria, is a very special place, a very special memories, some are happy and some are sad, but this game definitely changed life of everyone who played it seriously, long enough, and made friends here. Perhaps unusuall ppl who always had a little dragon living in their heart, including myself, take this all more deeply, beeing able to play as a dragon, but here is something for everyone.. I myself became a ghost-ish name but i am with you, with all the respect to one's choice, leaving isnt an option and simply running away from trouble rather than trying to help solve it.. 10th birthday of Horizons, 10 years i am here, and im thankfull to god/destiny/whatever this invisible power is, that i met all this wonderfull people (and dragons ). This is priceless.
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

Thread Information