Thread: Zerak's Lairshaping Calculator!

Post Zerak's Lairshaping Calculator!

I built myself a lairshaping calculator and figured I should share it with the community!

Features:

Just plug in units required for your room, and it'll tell you the rest!

Adjust the formulas for your crafting abilities. Take 3 to apply instead of 2? Takes 21 to make a resource instead of 15? Takes 4 to make a bar instead of 2? No problem; just plug it in!

Calculate how many resources to go after you've already gotten some collected!

Keep track of your projects on the 2nd tab, so you can just plug in what you want on the 1st!

Feedback? Questions? Send me a tell ingame on the Chaos server, or leave a comment on this post!

File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v04ypodpms...Calculator.xls

Default Re: Zerak's Lairshaping Calculator!

Looks interesting, I will certainly play around with that. Nice work!
    Her Purpliness of Chaos, Kyala
    Big Goldy of Chaos, Orlaith
    Little hatchling of Order, Kaleith

Many thanks!!

To clarify how the spreadsheet works, since I know spreadsheets can be confusing to figure out sometimes...

Column C, "Units Required", is asking how many of each lairshaping material are needed on the project you're working on. For instance, a hall my friend's working on requires 140 applied primal essence. I put that in column C. If I am optimal on these, which is what the spreadsheet is set up for, I'm finished! Just scroll down to the total materials calculator.

On the total materials summary, the top row tells you every resource required to create the final product. On the "Have" row, if you already have, say, 1200 crystals, put it in this row and the one below it will show you two things: Either how many you have more than what you need, or how many you still need to gather!

Optimal Essence Crafting.jpg
    Last edited by kynadre; June 30th, 2013 at 07:25 PM. Reason: applying new screenshot

However, many of us lairshapers are not optimal. This is OK! So the next question is, how many units does it take for you to apply them? Here's where you find out!

Units Required Per Application.jpg

Here you can see my ratio is 3:1. Yikes! I'd better adjust my formulas, or I'll only have 2/3 as many units as I actually need...

So, over to column D, I change the 2 to a 3. Problem solved.

Along with that, if my lairshaping isn't enough to apply the units optimally, maybe I'm not crafting them optimally, either. Suppose it takes me 20 resources to make them, instead of 10 each.

Making the Primal Essence.jpg

Column E, "Resources Per Piece", is asking for how many bars, bricks, orbs, cast stones, lodestones, tricut gems, and focused crystals that piece requires! Just plug in the right number, and the formulas take care of the rest. Scroll down to total materials to see what you need, and start digging!

Note: In Total Materials, where it says "slabs" and "essence" in the total materials fields, what it is referring to is only what's required to create cast stones and lodestones, the subcomponents of maelstones and flowstones. It is not calculating these from any bricks or orbs required by other recipes.

Attachment 1955

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're working on lattices, maelstones, and flowstones, you may or may not be optimal on their subcomponents either - the lodestones, cast stones, or tricut gems. This is slightly more complicated to edit.

Step 1: Click on the "subcomponents 1" box where it shows the amount it thinks you need.

Step 2: In the formula bar, change the x2 to whichever is true for you. If it takes you 4 slabs and 4 bars to make a lodestone, change the 2 to a 4.

Step 3: Hit enter to confirm changes. Be careful not to click on any other cells until after you've hit enter; otherwise they'll enter the formula! You can hit undo to reverse this.

This also works for any other subcomponent cell that calculates another breakdown level, for instance, how much ore to make a bar, or how many gems to make a tricut gem. It's up to you whether you want to use the "subcomponents" fields as reference for this. They're there if you want, but if you don't want to worry about it, just use the final materials field below!

T4 Hall!.jpg

Lairshaping calculator has been updated to fix a few mismatched fields, and add a column for total construction units required, such as maelstones, flowstones, etc, required to apply to the structure. The original link connects to the updated file now. Let me know if there's any other problems with it!

Is this still available?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

The link is diabled it seems.

I must've grabbed this back at some point in the past, it seems. I found in a folder on my computer. Since there's interest in it, I've uploaded it to http://istariareference.com/mirror
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    I must've grabbed this back at some point in the past, it seems. I found in a folder on my computer. Since there's interest in it, I've uploaded it to http://istariareference.com/mirror

And there-for I thank you!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thread Information