Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 242 Discussion

Default Re: Blight Update 242 Discussion

as a addition to my keep it simple stupid qoute if you are so upset of a ability recycling 15 seconds before the effect duration wears off then just make the recycle and duration the same

If i knew Clarity II will be nerfed that bad so it can't be used outside sorc class, i would had never wasted the time and the tons of trophies to level it.
    I wonder if it is feasible, in the context of those changes, to submit a ticked to have those levels stripped from the sorc and moved into another class? For me the sorcerer is plain useless as it is in this update.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

My guess is you make be directed to use the ingame version of dropping schools but that means all effort put in is totally gone

* Ceremonial Tower Shield - T6 Large - Block 10 (was 20), Armor 254 (was 300)

You do realize that with the modifications above the Ceremonial Tower is rendered useless???
    A nice reward for a nice and long quest was rendered useless
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

For a T6 item and a quest reward, I do wonder why the ceremonial shield was adjusted at all, let alone decreased...?
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

German law knows the phrase:
    "conservation (perservation) of status quo"
    might be what is known as "grandfathering" here.

Its a no go in my eyes, to mess about with items we already worked for- we already decided to play a questline for.
    Can we pls have that shield back the way it was?
    Its the decision of new generation then, if they want to play that questline for a trash shield.
    If-not- pls do nor forget to nerf Ceremonial chest scale too- why should only bipeds always suffer.

Back to nerfing schools:
    My third good reason (besides dragons and crafting)
    when I advised people to play Istaria instead whatsoever was "multiclassing".

*shrugs* well, one can stand on two legs too- right?
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; July 4th, 2013 at 02:09 PM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    If-not- pls do nor forget to nerf Ceremonial chest scale too- why should only bipeds always suffer.
    Stop with the biped vs. dragon please. They aren't comparable. The whole change of armor values to shields is tied into and balanced with their blocking ability. An ability scales don't even have and dragons don't get.

As for the ceremonial shield. I understand the devs are trying to adjust it so it is in line with the other shields, but please leave it as it was. To get that shield it is one of the longest, and probably most frustrating, questlines in this game. And that ends with the player having to take on an epic mob that is a pain in the rear to defeat. I think all of that time and effort deserve the shield as it is now rather than changing anything about it.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post

Back to nerfing schools?
    Seriously back to Drag vs ped again? ,*sigh*

And why can people not see that he's not trying to need any schools but make the schools more flexible and tactically challenging. I for one would prefer there to be options to explore. And not have it be that to face any particular mob we MUST have any particular school in the party.

Secondly amon offers a bandaid to the sorcs and all he gets insults and criticism so he's giving spellbound a multihit resistance. Personally I love this idea.

That said however

If your going to weaken the ceremonial shield so drastically as its barely usable as it was. then can we have something given in return. Remove the evasion penalty. After all in my eyes at least it's an epic level shield along the lines of the bloodsword.

Other than that thank you for your work amon.

To be honest, given the fact that the rest of the shields were improved I was expecting to see Ceremonial Shield improved too...
    But no. With the proposed stats, even with the 10% evasion penalty removed - but no one said anything about that - it is still weaker than a crafted T5 Fine Large shield since the later one can be teched...

I'm not even goin to mention Reklar shield since getting one of those is like winning the 100 millions jackpot at lotery... yet it was nerfed too..

@Calyndrell - not sure i grasp what you actually meant with "he's not trying to need any schools but make the schools more flexible". Maybe you should start a new thread in the rant section so we can debate that without risking to get this thread locked
    Last edited by Northwind; July 4th, 2013 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Secondly amon offers a bandaid to the sorcs and all he gets insults and criticism so he's giving spellbound a multihit resistance. Personally I love this idea.
    Its okay, Calydrell, many folks get upset by change. Sometimes it becomes name-calling and attacks. I get it, its an internet thing for the most part, and we all try hard to not let it get to us and move on.

Feedback is important and I think people tend to forget that these changes are just on Blight and that we can continue to adjust. Though attacking us isn't a good way of getting any feedback to be considered.

I'm not done with the Ceremonial Shield: Replacing the evasion penalty with ethereal armor boost, and then providing a way to trade-in the existing shield to get a new one that can be techniqued twice with tech-kits.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

sorry Arzel, Calyndrell
    you`re sure you know what I am taking about?
    My fault- obviersly if I was not clear:
    Ceremonial shield and chestscale are rewards of the same questlines.
    Both parts are in the upper class of our (!!??) epic loot table.
    Bipeds will earn a useless shield in the future, dragons a nice scale. If you call that balanced- ok. I do not.
    Am I the only one who hears the complaints of frustrated biped friends?
    I do not rant against devs here. Nor am I interested in drag vs biped. Never was.
    But lots of planned changes seem a bit half baked to me atm.
    That causes irritations and rumors and discontent.
    Pls consider how many players read forum regulary and how many only have the informations others players supply them with.

edit- sorry amon- did not see your post:

My comp is broken so I neded to use a friends comp- which took me longer than usual.

(seems I shall have no comp for a few days)
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; July 4th, 2013 at 06:17 PM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I'm not done with the Ceremonial Shield: Replacing the evasion penalty with ethereal armor boost, and then providing a way to trade-in the existing shield to get a new one that can be techniqued twice with tech-kits.
    That sounds impressively good, but why the half measures?
    If you introduce a half baked cookie (read a terribly nerfed shield) you can expect disgruntled customers that that will start to question your chef skills...
    I'm wondering if you don't actually enjoy the outcries here on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    That sounds impressively good, but why the half measures?
    If you introduce a half baked cookie (read a terribly nerfed shield) you can expect disgruntled customers that that will start to question your chef skills...
    I'm wondering if you don't actually enjoy the outcries here on the forums
    No change is officially complete until its on Live, so there is no half-measure here.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

I'm simply curious about something here: Of the many times on the forums I've read, "This game is too easy now," why does everyone complain when it gets more challenging?

~Hitalqe

I say leave both reklar shield AND ceremonial shield stats alone they are the only two epic type shields that a player can get. they can not be teched either. so there is no logical reason to make a epic type shield no better block bonus than the everyday crafted shield

Blog Entries

The way I see it, it's like broken dragon scales: No one is making you use it. And no one made you do that quest line, either. From what I can tell, if you can make a better shield, by all means make one, but being able to tech the Ceremonial Shield should counteract the lowered stats. Otherwise, everything would just be too easy. :P I personally think benefits and consequences need to balance, and if teching the shield means losing some stat, that's the way it is. And no one is making you hunt Reklar for his shield, either.

I do not mean to start a fight here, I'm simply stating an opinion.
    Last edited by Myrdiatoken; July 4th, 2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: That could sound harsh otherwise, which I don't intend...:(

Blog Entries

(Simply providing proof for my earlier statements.)

If you really want to get something done, the best way to do it is to go to Blight and test it instead of speaking harshly towards Amon on the forums. Then a valid concern can be raised should it arise because you have first-hand experience of it rather than speculation.
    Last edited by Myrdiatoken; July 4th, 2013 at 08:53 PM.

So does this mean that we are allowed to keep the old ceremonial shields as is at present, if we want? I have to admit the prospect of putting a couple techs on it coupled with the ethereal armor boost in place of the evasion penalty is very tempting. Will the ability to put techniques onto the shield include sockets?

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

No change is officially complete until its on Live, so there is no half-measure here.
    Although technically correct, practice showed that, unless a massive outcry ensues, whatever gets to Blight it goes to Live as well.
    Anyways, the adding bonuses to Ceremonial was a nice comeback.

But let's see if it is as nice as I initially thought:
    A t6 shield quest reward that gives: 10 block bonus, 254 armor, xxx? ethereal armor (which tbh is rather useless unless the bonus is really massive, but thats another debate) and 2 sockets
    Compared with a craftableT5 fine large shield: 10 block bonus, 200 armor and 3 sockets... use an armor crystal in one socket and you get better armor bonus than Ceremonial.
    Not much of a difference as a reward for a helish quest, isn't it? not too mention t5 vs t6

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Although technically correct, practice showed that, unless a massive outcry ensues, whatever gets to Blight it goes to Live as well.
    I would challenge you to actually login to blight, test changes for yourself, and then provide meaningful feedback then. We welcome that at any time, we just rarely get it.

Thread Information