Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Abilities with Long Recycle Times

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Abilities with Long Recycle Times

• "The Hunter" buff provided by Wolf-Hunter ability now lasts for 1 hour. NICE! The ability will now only be available while actively in the Ranger school. BOOO, but I'm guessing this was the original intention?... I cannot recall the quest, but can it only be taken as Ranger? Hm, but, will it simply be a case of activating it as Ranger and swapping out?
    • Guardian ability, Wrack, now recycles every 2 minutes. I guess it's comparable to Cleave rather than Crit, so this will work :)

Thanks for all the changes.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    • "The Hunter" buff provided by Wolf-Hunter ability now lasts for 1 hour. NICE! The ability will now only be available while actively in the Ranger school. BOOO, but I'm guessing this was the original intention?... I cannot recall the quest, but can it only be taken as Ranger? Hm, but, will it simply be a case of activating it as Ranger and swapping out?
    I hope not because that kinda defeats the whole point of making it ranger only.

Kida

I agree with an earlier post that the timer for Sprint should be given a look... My boyfriend was confused by the logic behind it the other night. :P "So I can sprint for 40 seconds, but then I have to wait 5 minutes to do it again? Whaaat? In person, that long a sprint usually only takes a minute or two to recover from, tops!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kida View Post
    I agree with an earlier post that the timer for Sprint should be given a look... My boyfriend was confused by the logic behind it the other night. :P "So I can sprint for 40 seconds, but then I have to wait 5 minutes to do it again? Whaaat? In person, that long a sprint usually only takes a minute or two to recover from, tops!"
    3 minutes would be best, imo. Anything lower could make it cross over from a nice speed boost to a 'I have this ability instead of a small passive...why?' thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    3 minutes would be best, imo. Anything lower could make it cross over from a nice speed boost to a 'I have this ability instead of a small passive...why?' thing.
    Agreed. Besides 3 mins would be short enough of a recycle for something that is supposed to be used to allow you to escape.

The other one I wanted to bring up, tho it doesn't really belong here are the banner of the tempest and banner of the volcano. They are linked and have a 3 min buff (possibly a little less?), but a 30 min cool down?

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    Agreed. Besides 3 mins would be short enough of a recycle for something that is supposed to be used to allow you to escape.

The other one I wanted to bring up, tho it doesn't really belong here are the banner of the tempest and banner of the volcano. They are linked and have a 3 min buff (possibly a little less?), but a 30 min cool down?
    Yup this item seems to have far too long a timer perhaps reducing it to a 2 and a half min buff with 5 min timer? If that's too much perhaps 3 min but 10 min timer? Failing that AT LEAST unlink them.

The cool down on Evisceration of Life for Reaver is 10 minutes, still way too long. Actually this is so long you may as well just do away with it all together. At my level it does about 800 damage, while gold Rage does 1100 or more. The dragon's Gold Rage has a recycle of 20 seconds?

My lvl 65 Lunus dragon can fight with crafting gear, and a tool claw, and barely see a loss in DPS, while killing mobs 10 levels higher. Meanwhile my Reaver/Cleric who is lvl 64 is barely taking out mobs of the same level, and he sure as hell needs all his DPS gear or he is dead as a door nail. I could not imagine trying to DPS with my pick axe, and not noticing a loss in DPS.
    Last edited by Defilade; September 8th, 2013 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kida View Post
    While the three minute timer is about right, when compared to dragons flying around at 100+ speed, it does seem absurd to keep the Sprint timer so long. As if we need to keep the long Sprint timer, and use drowning in water as barriers to keep the biped ability to travel in check, so as not to unbalance the game. Meanwhile my dragon can simply fly straight up to evade combat, water is no obstacle, and flying involves taking short cuts my biped can only dream of.

Quote Originally Posted by Defilade View Post
    The cool down on Evisceration of Life for Reaver is 10 minutes, still way too long. Actually this is so long you may as well just do away with it all together. At my level it does about 800 damage, while gold Rage does 1100 or more. The dragon's Gold Rage has a recycle of 20 seconds?
    This was already adjusted more than a month ago in a patch that is currently on Blight. The recycle is now 2 minutes.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Just wondering if the primary Sprint gets a 3 min timer how will this effect the saris racial Sprint?

The changes I made to Sprint/Saris Sprint are:

• Renamed character ability "Sprint 1" to "Sprint", renamed the buff "Sprint 1" to "Sprinting" and lowered the ability recycle rate to 120 seconds.
    • Racial ability "Saris Sprint" is now known as "Exceptional Sprint", recycles every 120 seconds, and the buff is known as "Exceptional Sprinting".
    • Sprint and Exceptional Sprint now share a 50% recycle timer.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    This was already adjusted more than a month ago in a patch that is currently on Blight. The recycle is now 2 minutes.
    Thank you. That at least makes it something i can use instead of it being a curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The changes I made to Sprint/Saris Sprint are:

• Renamed character ability "Sprint 1" to "Sprint", renamed the buff "Sprint 1" to "Sprinting" and lowered the ability recycle rate to 120 seconds.
    • Racial ability "Saris Sprint" is now known as "Exceptional Sprint", recycles every 120 seconds, and the buff is known as "Exceptional Sprinting".
    • Sprint and Exceptional Sprint now share a 50% recycle timer.
    Wow so in short saris can sprint half the time....

What about the human magical affinity? Any chance of a time reduction?.

so in a way reducing the saris's race ability to sprint in general. as far as run speed goes players can get the +12 from speed tech. scout and ranger get a passive I think +10 run speed. ranger I think gets a bonus ability that also increases run speed as well a + 25 speed for 1 minute an recycle of 5 minutes so perhaps that needs a similar change and/linked to a similar ability.

.... with all the other reductions no i don't think that needs a reduction otherwise may as well just give rangers passive sprint.. no need for them to have an activatedable ability at all

perhaps remove the passive run bonus ranger already shares with scout and replace it with maybe ranger only version of the natures path

a edit to my previous post referring to natures path. make it ranger only class and NOT passive

Spiritist - Spirit Form (10 minutes) and Flow Like Water (10 minutes)

Quote Originally Posted by Alisto View Post
    Spiritist - Spirit Form (10 minutes) and Flow Like Water (10 minutes)
    Quick correction, those are Spirit Disciple.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quick correction, those are Spirit Disciple.
    Right >.>
    <.<

I knew that.

Thread Information