Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Abilities with Long Recycle Times

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Abilities with Long Recycle Times

Good catch on Nature's Path. I linked it to the other sprint abilities and lowered it to 180 seconds, but raised the other two back up from 120 to 180.

Spirit Disciple abilities lowered to 5 minutes each.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Good catch on Nature's Path. I linked it to the other sprint abilities and lowered it to 180 seconds, but raised the other two back up from 120 to 180.
    aww, crumblies. *wistful sigh* I liked the stacked effect. Oh well!

Spirit Disciple abilities lowered to 5 minutes each.
    Everyone gets sprint, where's the incentive now?
    rip

Nature Path was OK as it was, to be honest. This change is rather uncalled.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    aww, crumblies. *wistful sigh* I liked the stacked effect. Oh well!
    The effects still stack, the ability recycles are shared.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

The effects still stack, the ability recycles are shared.
    Yay!! You are the best! :-D
    Though, doesn't shared timer mean you cannot have them on at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Yay!! You are the best! :-D
    Though, doesn't shared timer mean you cannot have them on at the same time?
    Not sure how much it affects it, but they share a partial timer Amon said (mentioned 50%, not sure if that still holds or is changed), so I guess depending on length of the buff they could overlap (or at least be on more frequently that just Sprint alone).

Guardian: Morning Dew, Duration 15:00, Recycle 30:00 - maybe something that could be considered to be improved as well.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    Guardian: Morning Dew, Duration 15:00, Recycle 30:00 - maybe something that could be considered to be improved as well.
    From the Delta 244 patch currently on Blight (as of 2013.07.29) "
    • Lowered the recycle of the Guardian ability, Morning Dew, to 60 seconds."

well the shared timer part, if all of these abilities are on a 50% shared timer. as far as I can remember, sprint I lasted 20 seconds, saris sprint was 30 seconds and natures path was 60 seconds. this change mean no run speed buff will last long enough for the other sprint or sprints become usableu This means player uses 1 of the run speed buffs then waits a Max of 1 minute and 30 seconds before they can use one of the other run speed buffs.

It's not a ability but have a long timer, the banners, some discussion already was done in this thread: Nature tower banners

I'd like to see reducing the 30:00 minutes timer to 5:00 or 10:00 minutes, and the effects should be stackable, too.

And please add a crafting quest to the nature tower comparable to the one at the imperial outpost to earn the nature tokens.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

It's not a ability but have a long timer, the banners, some discussion already was done in this thread: Nature tower banners
    I think I mentioned that too in this post somewhere in here beforehand, not that it really matters since you can't get the forms to make them anymore.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

A suggestion i have is for battlemage, Reflect attack ability. it is currently removed after one hit, suggestion is it be removed after 1 use

Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    perhaps remove the passive run bonus ranger already shares with scout and replace it with maybe ranger only version of the natures path
    some of these posts are more hellbent on trying to ruin other classes that people took to improve their abilities. rather than what this topic is really about. This is not a timer issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Nature Path was OK as it was, to be honest. This change is rather uncalled.
    i agree, it "was" uncalled for

I also agree that Nature path was Ok and this change was " uncalled for "

Quote Originally Posted by Malicore View Post
    some of these posts are more hellbent on trying to ruin other classes that people took to improve their abilities. rather than what this topic is really about. This is not a timer issue.
    Without naming who i know some are just expressing "rangerhate-butthurt" because rangers got to learn burning archer.. thus "ruining" ELAR.

The "lessen" line of spells, syphon, soul link and area syphon's cooldowns are too lengthy. I think they should have 30 seconds, 2 minutes, 2 minutes and 3 minutes, respectively. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by vencedor View Post
    The "lessen" line of spells, syphon, soul link and area syphon's cooldowns are too lengthy. I think they should have 30 seconds, 2 minutes, 2 minutes and 3 minutes, respectively. What do you think?
    +1

They could all do with some adjustment. I think they had not been mentioned as the OP asks about abilities with 10min+ recycle.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Also, if coordinated attack and coordinated shot have 1:30 recycle, why do their spell counterparts have 3:00?

Moreover, if istariareference.com is correct, clap of thunder has a 10 min recycle.

Mind over body also has too long of a recycle for such a small effect. I think either the effect should be increased, or the recycle lowered, preferably the former. Maybe even adding an additional rank.

Thanks for reading.

Thread Information