Thread: /lootall

Default /lootall

This idea, while I'm sure not new, but born from a conversation about setting up a /loot hotkey with someone just now... If theres another post elsewhere, then sorry bout that... But if it is, then this is a "bump".

While /loot just opens up the loot window, you still have to manually click the Take All button to get the items.

How about maybe a /lootall option, that would execute the Take All button automatically. The loot window wouldn't even need to popup, just take all items off the mob, if any are available. The messages would still appear in Main chat, and we would know that way if any loot was found off last mob.

I suppose this could be dangerous. If a player has a hotkey setup for this (soloing), great care would need to be taken to not use this hotkey (out of habit) while in a group. Epic mob bosses, etc, that'd be bad to use it in that case. But for soloing, this would be nice.

Perhaps a simple If... Then... statement might work. If player in Group Then Show a popup "Are you sure? Yes/No" Else go ahead and loot all End If... I dunno, something like that maybe, just tossing out another idea.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; July 8th, 2013 at 03:58 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Default Re: /lootall

I'm sure it's a bot preventative measure, otherwise it would be too easy with the in game system.
    rip

I could see that being a valid reason. But there are many screen reader macros. I have one, but do not use. It can screen read. I could copy/paste the Take All button and program the macro to click that 'Take All" button anytime it appears. So to not implement something like this due to possible macro abuse would be futile. There are many workarounds to it... This would be very useful. Just like the /snr (Select Nearest Resource) probably took forever because of fear of macro abuse.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    I could see that being a valid reason. But there are many screen reader macros. I have one, but do not use. It can screen read. I could copy/paste the Take All button and program the macro to click that 'Take All" button anytime it appears. So to not implement something like this due to possible macro abuse would be futile. There are many workarounds to it... This would be very useful. Just like the /snr (Select Nearest Resource) probably took forever because of fear of macro abuse.
    Yeah was curious about that. I knew they wanted to improve /select parameters but didn't think they would throw /snr in the mix. Any biote is selectable in one form or another.
    rip

Thread Information