Thread: Mini Side Quests With Random Rewards

Default Mini Side Quests With Random Rewards

Every month or so, the devs could add one or two little mini-quest to random NPCs. This would make the game an ever changing thing, maybe in small and subtle ways. so the person who has 'done it all," will know they really never will, because there are always new experiences waiting for them.

Here's how it works. The devs pick an NPC, which seems like a random NPC to us. They give the NPC a new mini-quest and choose a specific trigger, so not everyone would be eligible for the quest. This would keep people guessing which NPCs have the missions. I would not expect the mission to be found immediately, but over the months people would eventually stumble into them, and word would start getting out.

Reward would be random crystals, adventure techs of a tier that is appropriate for you level. Or maybe a random item from a long ago event that ended. This NPC's reward might be " Thank you for you assistance. Hey, I found this old mask, or shoulder pet in the warehouse, it's been discontinued so i cannot sell it, but you can have it."

For example, a quest might be triggered by:
    1) only a specific race of character of a certain level or class

2) only for characters who obtained a specific title, or titles. Like Defender of Trismus & Forest Skulk Slayer

3) or it mat only be available to characters below a certain level. Let's say your new character is only level 8 and you run her all the way to Bristugo, and an NPC there has a quest for only players below level 10

4) it could be linked to previous quests that were previously completed

5) available only at night or specific day of the week

6) or only for characters using a long sword, and the reward is a unique, tech kit that adds a plus to one hand slash, regardless of any techs already on the weapon

7) or the quest could be a treasure hunt type of event. Where you go to one place to find a note to the location of the next note, culminating in a nice little reward tailored to your adventure class, craft school and level.

Default Re: Mini Side Quests With Random Rewards

We already have a small quest like this, I'm just asking for more:

Feed the Famished Miner

I'd think there would be more interest in providing more quests in the game. these would be uniquely tailored quests, for unique characters with unique rewards.

Blog Entries

i think defilade has a great idea devs i would like to see this done
    I am very lucky to know my bonded mate and even luckier still to know i am always on his mind and he on mine for that i am very happy.

Thanks for taking the time to submit this suggestion. I agree, this would indeed create a continual fuel of things to do, though I wouldn't use "Feed the Famished Miner" as an example of a good question to do repeatedly. Rather dull as far as quests go.

Unfortunately the technology to do many of the things you suggest isn't there (Daily or Weekly quests, Quests without having an Update to the game).

You do have good ideas and it is something for us to consider moving forward, how to add reusable content that doesn't get dull.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information