I am returning to the game after 7 years away and it is surprisingly much like starting the game for the first time. I created a brand new character and even had to ask an experienced player some noob-ish questions to help get my bearings. In conversation they said to me, “It is a really great game if you don’t mind the interface being so old”.

Now I have played a lot of MMOs in the last 7 years and the User Interface in this game is certainly not lacking much. The customization of the windows and buttons are unlike anything and the macros are super cool once you figure out how to use them. Even the vault & inventory graphics and the consigner windows are very fitting for the fantasy genre of the game.

The ONLY thing that makes this game feel very “old school” is the window that gives the quests. It took me several tries to figure out (or remember rather) that you have to click on the HTML type links inside the quest window text to continue to the next screen. Yes, that is very old school and severally takes away from the otherwise “still up to date” feel of the game.

The quest windows should feel more like the NPC is actually talking to you. A window that looks more like a chat bubble and less like just another interface window. A window more like the blue tutorial windows…. now those would work perfect! The HTML type links to continue the conversation would HAVE to go. An arrow or even the word “next” in the bottom right corner would be much more appropriate.

I feel that a face-lift to the quest windows would bring the feel of this game almost in line with the games currently being released.

Kritterly