Long ago, the Saris were a simple people, isolated from the rest of Istaria, long before the Sslik came to settle on Lesser Aradoth, or so the tales of old say. The Withered Aegis changed this, with their war on Greater Aradoth, and the building of the Great Wall to keep them out, the Saris were moved to go and find out what was happening in the world. Upon meeting the others, those they called 'furless', or 'smooth skins'. They learned the ways of these other races, the dwarves, the elves, gnomes, and humans. Such a meeting was also strange to the furless, as they had not yet met the Saris, and didn't know their ways either.

Of these meetings one major difference was firstly apparant, the furless felt the need to make coverings of flax and kenaf and leather for their bodies, so as to hide them, a concept which never occurred to the Saris, who's need for modesty was never felt due to their ever present fur covering. A curious people, the Saris, learned from the furless how to craft such coverings, and began wearing them as well, an attempt to be more like the rest of the people of Istaria, to fit in, and to appease those who would avert their eyes in shame when the Saris were about. The Saris were very skilled in weaving already, so this came as no surprise that their skills at tailoring were soon superior to those of the furless, the dexterity of their hands proving to be well suited to the task, and the people of Kion changed their views, and wore clothes just as the furless.

Today, this has not changed, as a kit, I rarely wore the cloth coverings, but no one minded, children of all races are innocent to the ways of the world.As I grew to adulthood, the attitudes of old were impressed upon me, such things as the ideas that a young female shouldn't go around unclothed. Although the cloth pulled and snagged at my fur, and caused me to take many hours a day to brush it out before falling to sleep, I did as I was taught, as all those my age did, as our elders did, and as our ancestors taught us to do.

Today, there are remarkable magics in the world, the crafters have devised ways to give us the protections the same as the best of armors, and the deep deminsional pockets akin to the many pocketted cargo armor. Having done a great deal of thinking on this, I decided to attempt to revive the ways of our ancestors, to live as they did. I found a crafter who was able to make dimensional pockets for me, and paid him to do so. I have refound the freedom I had as a kit, and find that I am not embarassed as I was taught I would be for not covering my body with cloth coverings. I am still able, with my new dimensional pockets, to carry that and more of what I did when I had kenaf cargo armor. As a Chaos Warrior, soon I will have need of better armor, as what I have is beginning to show it's age in the fight against the monsters of Istaria and the Withered Aegis, I intend to seek out one who knows the ways of giving me the protections of armor, without the need to wear it.

I call upon my Saris sisters and brothers, relearn the ways of our ancestors, we have nothing to fear, no need to be embarassed or modest, not as the furless are. We have beautiful and varied fur, striped, spotted, many colored, just as we were born. Remember how free it was to run around as a kit, without your fur being tugged and pulled by the cloth we now wear to appease the sensibilities of the furless. Shed your hand crafted clothes, my sisters and brothers, our fur is our clothes, unlike the furless who have none. Modesty and embarassment is better left for those others who taught our ancestors long ago and their descendants.

*notes: (Terms used in this missive, such as 'Dimensional pockets' and 'protections of armor' refer to cargo armor and armor dyed invisible.)