Thread: Live Client 385.4.1

Default Live Client 385.4.1

Problems noted thus far:

1. Dragons can no longer harvest wood. There is no animation or message when Dragon targets a tree and attempts harvest, with or without ingenuity active.

2. Biped displays no animation for attempting to harvest with incorrect tool equipped.

Knossos

Default Re: Live Client 385.4.1

Number 2 sounds normal.

I don't do much harvesting of organics on the dragon, so didn't think to test that. Is fugnus or plant/herb harvesting also affected? Might try intuition.

The incorrect tool animation (perhaps a bit like wringing ones hands for biped and brief normal harvesting animation for dragon) has been in game for years up to the latest series of clients 385.3 and 385.4 on blight).

I tried both igenuity and intuition on the wood for dragon - would expect fungus and plant/herb harvesting to be similarly broken but I did not test other than wood.

Knossos

Aye, your character would still animate even if you had an improper tool equipped. You just got the message stating you've the wrong tool equipped and that this material can only be harvested using the following: blah blah.

Speaking of animations, anyone notice an even worse effect with Dragon's Reach? Seems like it's off more now than it was before. Makes it difficult to cast.
    rip

Fabric gathering for dragons is busted too. Herb and fungus gathering still works for dragon, least I was able to gather some fennel and Istarian fungus cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    Fabric gathering for dragons is busted too. Herb and fungus gathering still works for dragon, least I was able to gather some fennel and Istarian fungus cap.
    Things are more hit and miss than I realized. Mandrake Root can be gathered by dragons, Star Anise Plant and Basil Plant are now harvest knife only. I heard that the Hermit isn't currently giving out tokens of esteem for bipeds to reach the Basil. I don't have a hatchling character who can verify that to say for certain. Those are all the herbs I have checked so far, I suspect they all need to be looked at. (This is on Order shard.)

Things are more hit and miss than I realized. Mandrake Root can be gathered by dragons, Star Anise Plant and Basil Plant are now harvest knife only. I heard that the Hermit isn't currently giving out tokens of esteem for bipeds to reach the Basil. I don't have a hatchling character who can verify that to say for certain. Those are all the herbs I have checked so far, I suspect they all need to be looked at. (This is on Order shard.)
    Worked tonight on getting my lunus rite hatchling past Shadow Dragon and the Hermit did indeed give me all the tokens I wanted. Seems there was a misunderstanding about what dragons could obtain the tokens, person I had talked to was unaware that adult dragons weren't offered tokens.

Spent some time with the in game notepad and it has a problem. If you had resized the notepad window for more text it defaults the lines to the tiny little default notepad size line length. Doesn't appear to lose information but having to reformat a whole screen's worth of text isn't something I want to do every log in when I want to look at it. Ditto for the Common Notes tab which seems to be working this evening but what I had put in there yesterday was gone, though perhaps I was too sleepy at the time and forgot to save.

dragons also can't gather water, beef or chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
    dragons also can't gather water, beef or chicken.
    Too busy eating the meat I suspect.

So, it's been almost a week now. Any chance of a dev response one way or the other on this? Maint day tomorrow, and the post says it's just a DB maint.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Yes, i was wondering that myself Walker. This is an annoyance for those of us who were helping others with those skills in gathering confectioner goods, wood, and fabric.

Spent some time with the in game notepad and it has a problem. If you had resized the notepad window for more text it defaults the lines to the tiny little default notepad size line length. Doesn't appear to lose information but having to reformat a whole screen's worth of text isn't something I want to do every log in when I want to look at it. Ditto for the Common Notes tab which seems to be working this evening but what I had put in there yesterday was gone, though perhaps I was too sleepy at the time and forgot to save.
    If you can reproduce this reliably, please submit a support ticket at https://support.istaria.com with the exact steps to reproduce / screen shot of problem. The developers have tried to reproduce (and I've tried too) and we have not been able to cause the issue you're describing.

Please make sure that you're patched up, as the recent client update had update to the notepad UI def files.
    https://support.istaria.com/index.ph...ode=view&id=38

Of all the issues raised in this thread, the notepad is what is responded to? While I'm not surprised, I'm rather disappointed. Is there going to be any acknowledgement of the other things broken with the last patch and any plans on getting them fixed?
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

When there's issues reported, the developers ask us (support team) to reproduce for them with specific steps and then make work tickets. I know the developers were reviewing the crafting reports, so I helped out with the notepad issue and trying to reproduce. While the notepad isn't a big item, it is something I can help with testing / reproducing. Since I was not able to reproduce, I asked for help.

The #1 best way to report any sort of bug is by submitting a support ticket with clear steps on how to reproduce. From there, the support team reproduces and then hands off to a developer. The forums are a great way to interact with other players and confirm if someone else is having issues, but there can be delays between when you make a post and when someone views the post / works on reproducing, and finally gets that information to a programmer or designer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik View Post
    If you can reproduce this reliably, please submit a support ticket at https://support.istaria.com with the exact steps to reproduce / screen shot of problem. The developers have tried to reproduce (and I've tried too) and we have not been able to cause the issue you're describing.

Please make sure that you're patched up, as the recent client update had update to the notepad UI def files.
    https://support.istaria.com/index.ph...ode=view&id=38
    Support ticket with screen shots sent in. Thank you for looking into it.

The developers have figured out what's happening with the resources gathering and tools. A fix is being worked on and they're trying to get it tested and completed before the weekend.

UPDATE: AUG-21-2013 A fix has been released to Blight. Please reply to this thread with any feedback and will be watching to forward feedback to developers. Thank you very much for your feedback!

UPDATE: AUG-23-2013 A fix has been released to Order and Chaos for resource gathering and tool types.
    Last edited by Yfelvik; August 23rd, 2013 at 05:30 PM.

Thread Information