Thread: Dragon Skill Points

Question Dragon Skill Points

I am making a forever hatchling, so I guess she will not be either Lunus (melee) or Helian (ranged). I have been putting most of her skill points into Health along with a little Magic Evasion and Melee Evasion. My thinking was that she could dodge most attacks (running through the legs of an enemy without getting hit, lol) or at least have a higher health bar when she did get hit… but now I am really wondering if this is the right way to go or not.

What is the best way to allocate dragon skill points?

Default Re: Dragon Skill Points

STR/TNC. You cannot beat GR.
    rip

Haha, it does depend on your play style. But if you're going for raw melee DPS, strength and T&C is the way to go. If you want a bit more survivability, pop some into health. Don't worry about it too much as you can easily move your training points around. At the low end, you could just go health and T&C and as you get higher, health is less an issue and then you want to be making sure everything dies really fast, so move em from health into strength.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

I do know of a dragon that put their tp into evasion and dex. They do a fantastic job at dodging, but you give up alot of damage doing it and don't hit as often. Really as hallucin8 says, it will depend on your play style. What you want out of the character and what works best for you. Folks can give advice, and ideas but ultimately a little time and testing will let you know what works best for you. The good thing with this game, is that the tp can be moved around easily enough.

If you want my advice, don't forget your scales! A set of nicely tech'd scales (perhaps with stat or ability crystals) and the type of scale are important to supporting your tp and where you put them.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

I thought it said that you could only buy back a maximum of 25% of your total points earned and it had to be done over time.

You can move a max of 25% at one time, but you can move all your points, given enough time (about a week I think). As mentioned, it's more important to have the right scales teched.

Putting only into evasions and health isn't the best path - as to get good evasion you need -a lot- into evasion, this of course gives up quite a bit of other skills. And only health, it isn't worth it for the damage and such you give up.
    I suggest decide a fighting style (caster, melee or hybrid), and putting tp into into it's skill (primal, t&c, or both/depending on fighting style) and then after decide what else to put it in - this will allow you quite a bit of flexibility still as, as someone said, you could still put the rest into evasion while maintaining good damage output/accuracy and then any spare into health.

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    You can move a max of 25% at one time, but you can move all your points, given enough time (about a week I think). As mentioned, it's more important to have the right scales teched.
    Oooooh, I guess I read it wrong. Boy is that a big relief!! I have been avoiding spending the points until I decided what was best, but now i can just go ahead and experiement. Thanks!

It's a bit tricky, to say the least
    This might help clear it up a bit more: http://istaria-guides.com/mechanics-...game-mechanics
    Scroll down to the "Training Points" section.

And another page on the same site: http://istaria-guides.com/dragon/adventure-as-a-dragon
    It's a heck of a lot of content to try and absorb, but keep it as a reference and you'll make sense of it as you level up. There's an example of two builds at the bottom, but I personally have half my TP's into Health, and 1/4 each into T&C and Strength. My dragon is setup to absorb a lot of punishment from T6 and Epic mobs and deals an enormous amount of melee damage. I also dual-log with my Druid Dryad who's sole job is to support, but my Dryad is heavily multiclassed so he can pretty much do anything.

My focus with this little hatchling is definitely survivability... which is why I thought the health and both evations were a good idea. I wish we could just put our points into armor. :/

My dragon used to have all his TP in magic evasion and evasion.
    It was quite OK while leveling up and some time after getting to 100, but then I noticed that my evasion doesn't happen often enough against the much higher rating nasties in Doom / ED. So i switched to a setup of evasion/dex/T&C.
    Later on i think my dragon was Dex/T&C only.

To be honest, it is better to test for yourself and see what works best for you.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Thread Information