Thread: Sets of Augmentations

Question Sets of Augmentations

I started up the Healer adventure class and was looking at all the buffs that we get. I see several that look alike. What is the difference between the sets of Enhance, Gift, Raise, and Surge??

Default Re: Sets of Augmentations

Gifts are your 'base' go-to buff. They last 2 hours. You should always have Gift of Alacrity on you to speed up your actions. Depending on how many Gift slots you have (5 at lvl 100, you get one every 25 levels), Gift of Health is also great. Don't bother with Gift of Armor, the bonus is pathetic.
    Enhances are stronger than Raises, but cannot be used by every class. Enhances also last 30min, while Raises last 15min. They both have a very short recycle so can be cast on all group members relatively easily. Enhances and Raises have the problem of conflicting buffs, so you cannot have all of them on you.
    Surges are very strong buffs, but last 3min with a recycle of 5min, so you cannot have these on indefinitely. But putting a Surge of Health on yourself (or the tank of the group) is always helpful when going up against big baddies.

So basically, don't bother with Raises unless you're also going to level up a school that cannot cast Enhances. There is a slight level difference with the Raises and Enhances though.

Hope that helps Happy hunting!
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Don't bother with Gift of Armor, the bonus is pathetic.
    Hahaha, good to know... That is the one I have been casting on all that passer-byes in NT, lol. So maybe the Gift of Health would be better to help out the young ones?

But putting a Surge of Health on yourself (or the tank of the group) is always helpful when going up against big baddies.
    I was using this one almost like a last resort heal... I figured extra health points was almost as good as a heal of health points. Can it be teched to have a smaller recycle time?

Enhances are stronger than Raises, but cannot be used by every class. So basically, don't bother with Raises unless you're also going to level up a school that cannot cast Enhances.
    I am doing a leap frog method of Healer and Mage. Which one can a mage use?? Do I use the enhanced set while a healer and then switch to raises while a mage? Gifts work as both, right?? Oh my, this is so complicated!

Mages sadly use only raises so no surges or enhances for them. Although I personally like gift of armour when in mage mode since our armour is pathetic it needs all the help it can get.

Oh. And yes all classes can use gifts.

Thread Information