Thread: Pratt walking and talking

Default Pratt walking and talking

After a lot of time we were promised that Pratt would walk and talk. We even had a poll of the situation and it was voted that we bring him back to walk and talk. Amon agreed and finally put him back in game to walk and talk.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    Not sure if anyone ever noticed, but Ulaven the Mage moves about his "office" and does stuff. Thats been in for years.
    Next patch I've made several changes to New Trismus relating to NPC movement. Pratt will again walk (and yes talk) but he'll be on a lengthy timer between each step. In addition, Elainor the Guard and Jeremiah Trueheart will walk about some and a new NPC Guard will patrol the road heading towards the cattle.

I asked about why I can not hear him speak, even though I do not have him on ignore. If someone doesn't want to hear him speak, any player can just put him on ignore, so he won't bother the players in their RPing while they sit in New Trismus.

I don't remember any Patch notes as to why he does not speak. I like the conversations he has with the other NPCs. But when asked why he doesn't speak I get a response of:

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    No, this issue causes too much frustration and will remain as-is.

I'm sure I am not the only one that would like to hear Pratt speak to his other NPCs in New Trismus. Please bring back Pratt's conversation for the ones that do want to hear him speak.

Default Re: Pratt walking and talking

All NPC's must remain motionless and speechless. It helps conserve *valuable* resources... or he could just be sent to the forbidden zone for some arbitrary reason.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    All NPC's must remain motionless and speechless. It helps conserve *valuable* resources... or he could just be sent to the forbidden zone for some arbitrary reason.
    What "*valuable*" resources are you talking about? All I, and others, want is to see Pratt talking again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    What "*valuable*" resources are you talking about? All I, and others, want is to see Pratt talking again.
    Your guess is as good as mine. I suppose it's along the lines of why NPC's are removed to add space for others or why guards are worthless and in fact, should be removed if aforementioned case is true. No point in keeping them around if they don't perform their job. Perhaps that would free up some "spawns" to resolve the missing mob issues?

Lol.
    rip

Thread Information