Thread: Tier 2 Tuning and SPRD

Default Tier 2 Tuning and SPRD

Just curious, is the intention of mobs like Forest Skulk hunter supposed to be where it at now? They hit like a truck, pretty much ignore my 300 evasion. On top of that they are quite sociable. As a 24 SPRD, 2 of them (since I couldn't seem to pull one) destroyed me before I could even take a swing. They were level 21's. I've seen this with some other mobs, in the Tier 1 areas as well. They just blew their cool downs and took me down like I was nothing. I can get to a 130 point critical 1 (barely) with power style off of a chain attack (I think that increased the dps of my specials if the buff is on and not just another chain attack).

wtfpwned.png

Another quick question, is the Spirit stat supposed to lag behind for SPRD? I am sitting a 216 base spirit (with 48 TP spent in spirit) from my 20 levels of Spiritist. The sites I am looking at state that SPRD gets 10 per level. At level 24, that should be 256 (240+48TP). My evasion and unarmed stats are what I would expect, with SPRD being the school driving those stats with unarmed lagging evasion by 4 points.

On a side note, you have a lot of mobs that are really tightly grouped. If you want to split the social mobs, there is almost no chance of doing it in some areas.

Thanks,

Default Re: Tier 2 Tuning and SPRD

With the Forest Skulks... yer pretty much. Most of their attacks are ethereal so do a ton of damage. They were introduced for the questline, and within it, you're told "bring friends". They are tough! (Undead also fall into this category of being significantly harder than their level would suggest)

And regarding SPRD, yes, as you start at lvl 20, so you don't get the first 20 levels of Spirit. Skills don't 'stack' from other schools. So it's always the school that simply gives the highest value. So although, yes you're getting 200 points from Spiritist, your Spirit skill would (without spiritist) be at 0 when you normally start SPRD. (It's possible the evasion and unarmed skills are 'stacking' from Monk as it is the pre-req school).

Some mobs are social, some are not, if you attack social mobs, then yer they will come to help their friends. But if you think some mobs are ridiculous, I would strongly suggest making a suggestion detailing exactly which mobs, their location and their behavior. That way a Dev can probably look into it and provide a response.

Hope some of that helps. Good luck!
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

If you are attacking the villages, then yes they are meant to be grouped densely and you would be advised to take friends.

@Hoberton, they do not do ethereal damage. However, they are quite strong and get quite a bit of offensive skill.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

@Hailucin - Umm, thanks for the reply however I listed the mobs in question. I know what social mobs are, however attacking beetles and Ruxus kind of get's boring.

@Amon - Most mob groups are dense. If they are social you are going to get adds. It is not restricted to "villages". I would expect to pick off stragglers at the edge. I was able to do this with the ogres East of Kion. This can make the leveling tedious at times and it can get quite boring as by the time you can kill certain mobs solo you end up being over leveled. Since you generally farm your own tech comps, you end up with underpowered gear with over-the-top mobs. Since there isn't exactly the largest population of new players and most of the players just multi-classing (with the exception of a few dragons), grouping isn't exactly robust at this tier.

Also I'm not sure what good Theft of Life 2 for a SPRD if you are lagging 20 levels behind. I can tell you that getting theft of life 1 at level 23 or so is pretty darn meaningless. I'm not even sure you could hit the mobs at your tier with 50 spirit. I am trying to figure out the "spirit" part of this disciple. At 24 it's a monk with vampiric touch. If I didn't have a few mastered spiritist abilities that is all it would be.

These aren't really complaints, just observations. I have a main with a re-actived account. But I wanted to try the experience as a fresh player with adv levels starting at Zero. I can say that it individual mobs in a tier don't feel tuned. High dex mobs pretty much blow through my evasion and with week heals and level 20 spiritist, they can make these mobs challenging. If you get an add, it's more of an issue of luck.

Thanks for the replies.

Oh and for the record, multistrike 1 seems to be missing a lot.
    Last edited by Rayth; August 23rd, 2013 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    @Hoberton, they do not do ethereal damage. However, they are quite strong and get quite a bit of offensive skill.
    Hmm, Don't see where I posted anywhere in this thread. Nice to know that you are thinking of me, Amon

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    Hmm, Don't see where I posted anywhere in this thread. Nice to know that you are thinking of me, Amon
    Hah... wow.. thats odd, saw your name but it was hallucin. Apologies. Hallucin, see my post.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

@OP

Skulks are nasty. High skills for their respective brackets. Gauge similar to Undead. They do not represent their bracket or tier in its entirety.

These ain't the golems you were looking for.
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Rayth View Post
    Another quick question, is the Spirit stat supposed to lag behind for SPRD? I am sitting a 216 base spirit (with 48 TP spent in spirit) from my 20 levels of Spiritist. The sites I am looking at state that SPRD gets 10 per level. At level 24, that should be 256 (240+48TP). My evasion and unarmed stats are what I would expect, with SPRD being the school driving those stats with unarmed lagging evasion by 4 points.
    Yes, Spirit stat is supposed to lag behind for SPRD. You start SPRD at level 20 with 0 spirit, and get 10 spirit for every advancement in SPRD. So a level 24 SPRD would have 40 spirit. This is overridden by the 200 spirit from 20 levels of Spiritist. You won't get spirit from SPRD advancements until level 41 SPRD, when your SPRD spirit will be higher than your spiritist spirit. Evasion and unarmed are what you expect because SPRD starts with them at the amount they'd be at for 20 monk (technically this is true for spirit too, since monks don't get spirit).

I've made some adjustments to all Skulks for the next update. Removing some extraneous skills, bringing others into line, etc (Skulks didn't need 14 strength or evasion per level!). Should be more manageable after this.

I've made some adjustments to all Skulks for the next update. Removing some extraneous skills, bringing others into line, etc (Skulks didn't need 14 strength or evasion per level!). Should be more manageable after this.
    Holy ...... 14 per level... no wonder bloodskulks hit like a truck.

Is that all skulks? Including those in Spiritous Swamp?
    rip

Quote Originally Posted by Dracillion View Post
    Is that all skulks? Including those in Spiritous Swamp?
    Yes, thats why I said "all"

Yes, thats why I said "all"
    I am ****************, lol. Thanks!
    rip

Thread Information