Thread: T6 Scale Forms

Question T6 Scale Forms

I just hit level 100 dragon craft and opened the tail scale slot… Yay! Now I can wear all Mithril scales, which is level 80 to wear. Hhmmm just a second here, I have been wearing these scales since I hit level 80. What about level 100, are there any Adamantium or Travertine scales forms out there??

Default Re: T6 Scale Forms

Yep but for the most part they are rubbish.

Repaired adamantium. You can get the forms from the dragon craft form seller in Dralk and the broken parts from anything that drops biped broken parts.

If you use the whole set, don't expect to be all that useful, though I do mix in a couple scales into my melee set (I use the hindlegs for the extra armor) and it works better than a full t5 set for what I wanted to get done.
    Last edited by Alisto; August 24th, 2013 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calyndrell View Post
    Yep but for the most part they are rubbish.
    It is kinda sad that t6, adamantium, endgame scales are only approximately equal to t5 armor scales.. at least, it feels that way when using them, and, you die faster I've noticed.
    Let's do an actual comparison, full t5 vs full t6.
    t5 typical melee set, 2 sockets on head + Razor Teeth, 3 on each foreleg, dragon chest techs on chest, I get (self buffed plus some biped buffs):
    5% chance Primal Vengeance
    5% chance stun
    10% chance Vital Defiance
    3425 Health
    2288 Armor
    320 Ethereal Armor
    1389 Strength
    1054 Dexterity
    1079 Power
    1114 Focus
    1156 Evasion
    1079 Magic Evasion
    500 Blight Resistance
    40 Flame Resistance
    1298 Primal
    1249 Dragon Breath
    1716 Tooth&Claw

Switching to the t6 adamantium set I get
    3475 Health
    1903 Armor
    250 Ethereal Armor
    1444 Strength
    1109 Dexterity
    1184 Power
    1149 Focus
    1161 Evasion
    1006 Magic Evasion
    40 Flame Resistance
    1420 Primal
    1372 Dragon Breath
    1729 Tooth&Claw

Piercing Winds was on all 4 wing scales used in the comparison. The same buffs were on in both sets of readings. The Saris Stone of Friendship was moved into the t6 set to take the reading. Priceless forelegs were socketed, health xtal, saris stone of friendship. Priceless Head had Razor Teeth tech.

So the differences when the t6 set is equipped are:
    no Eminence Tech (no chance to stun)
    no Vital Defiance Tech
    +50 Health (+1.4%)
    -385 Armor (-16.8%)
    -70 Ethereal Armor (-21.9%)
    +55 Strength (+4.0%)
    +55 Dexterity (+5.2%)
    +105 Power (+9.7%)
    +35 Focus (+3.0%)
    +5 evasion
    -73 magic evasion (-6.3%)
    -500 Blight Resistance (no crest of the blackhammer clan tech available)
    +122 Primal (+9.4%)
    +123 Dragon Breath (+9.8%)
    +13 Tooth&claw (0.76%)

So, looking at the numbers, it looks like Primal, Dragon Breath, and Power get about 10% boost. Nice if you are a caster, except losing 17% of your armor means you will still die faster.

Tooth&claw is so close its basically no improvement. 5% for Strength and Dexterity would help, so maybe 5% damage increase there. But you lose 17% armor, still a big deal. Also lose some magic evasion, since there aren't enough sockets to use the darkstaff armor crystals.

The armor loss is really too much. Armor plays a big deal in survivability. Losing 2 of the dragon chest techs means you take even more damage... So what could be done to improve these, and make people actually want them?

Allow 3 tech slots on the scales which can take sockets: Chest, Head, Forelegs. Then the dragon techs can all be used, as well as many of these newer xtals we get from quest rewards, such as the darkstaff crystals.

Add about 600 more armor across the sets, which is only a net increase of 215 armor, about 9.3%.
    Add 350 Health across the sets, which is about 10% increase.

Maybe the gains should be larger yet. Tiers in the game are basically 20% difference between each other. An expected 20% improvement over the prior tier wouldn't be out a line. But at the very minimum, we shouldn't lose stats. The argument that "well there should be a tradeoff" ignores the fact that these should be t6, endgame, the best you can get gear. But really they make you die faster, especially fighting mobs with a lot of health.
    Last edited by Guaran; August 24th, 2013 at 04:12 AM.

(self buffed plus some biped buffs)
    wouldn't it be better compareable without buffs? At least with others. Because I was very confused how you could reach such stats.

Here are my attributes with my current scaleset (without buffs, in brackets compared to your t5):
    2390 Health (-1035)
    2533 Armor (+245)
    995 Strength (-394)
    740 Dexterity (-314)
    820 Power (-259)
    755 Focus (-359)
    794 Evasion (-362)
    878 Magic Evasion (-201)
    1078 Primal (-220)
    1083 Dragon Breath (-166)
    1400 Tooth&Claw (-316)

To be said I'm a level 100 (adult) dragon. I'm working on another scaleset which I most propably will finish today for some more strength (but less armor then)

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    It is kinda sad that t6, adamantium, endgame scales are only approximately equal to t5 armor scales.. at least, it feels that way when using them, and, you die faster I've noticed.
    Let's do an actual comparison, full t5 vs full t6.
    t5 typical melee set, 2 sockets on head + Razor Teeth, 3 on each foreleg, dragon chest techs on chest, I get (self buffed plus some biped buffs):
    5% chance stun
    10% chance Vital Defiance
    3425 Health
    2288 Armor
    320 Ethereal Armor
    1389 Strength
    1054 Dexterity
    1079 Power
    1114 Focus
    1156 Evasion
    1079 Magic Evasion
    500 Blight Resistance
    40 Flame Resistance
    1298 Primal
    1249 Dragon Breath
    1716 Tooth&Claw

Switching to the t6 adamantium set I get
    3475 Health
    1903 Armor
    250 Ethereal Armor
    1444 Strength
    1109 Dexterity
    1184 Power
    1149 Focus
    1161 Evasion
    1006 Magic Evasion
    40 Flame Resistance
    1420 Primal
    1372 Dragon Breath
    1729 Tooth&Claw

Piercing Winds was on all 4 wing scales used in the comparison. The same buffs were on in both sets of readings. The Saris Stone of Friendship was moved into the t6 set to take the reading. Priceless forelegs were socketed, health xtal, saris stone of friendship. Priceless Head had Razor Teeth tech.

So the differences when the t6 set is equipped are:
    no Eminence Tech (no chance to stun)
    no Vital Defiance Tech
    +50 Health (+1.4%)
    -385 Armor (-16.8%)
    -70 Ethereal Armor (-21.9%)
    +55 Strength (+4.0%)
    +55 Dexterity (+5.2%)
    +105 Power (+9.7%)
    +35 Focus (+3.0%)
    +5 evasion
    -73 magic evasion (-6.3%)
    -500 Blight Resistance (no crest of the blackhammer clan tech available)
    +122 Primal (+9.4%)
    +123 Dragon Breath (+9.8%)
    +13 Tooth&claw (0.76%)

So, looking at the numbers, it looks like Primal, Dragon Breath, and Power get about 10% boost. Nice if you are a caster, except losing 17% of your armor means you will still die faster.

Tooth&claw is so close its basically no improvement. 5% for Strength and Dexterity would help, so maybe 5% damage increase there. But you lose 17% armor, still a big deal. Also lose some magic evasion, since there aren't enough sockets to use the darkstaff armor crystals.

The armor loss is really too much. Armor plays a big deal in survivability. Losing 2 of the dragon chest techs means you take even more damage... So what could be done to improve these, and make people actually want them?

Allow 3 tech slots on the scales which can take sockets: Chest, Head, Forelegs. Then the dragon techs can all be used, as well as many of these newer xtals we get from quest rewards, such as the darkstaff crystals.

Add about 600 more armor across the sets, which is only a net increase of 215 armor, about 9.3%.
    Add 350 Health across the sets, which is about 10% increase.

Maybe the gains should be larger yet. Tiers in the game are basically 20% difference between each other. An expected 20% improvement over the prior tier wouldn't be out a line. But at the very minimum, we shouldn't lose stats. The argument that "well there should be a tradeoff" ignores the fact that these should be t6, endgame, the best you can get gear. But really they make you die faster, especially fighting mobs with a lot of health.
    Thinking more about the apparent buffs to Primal/power/focus... the only reason it appears to be an increase, is because my current scales have none of those techs... If I had a t5 set all teched out for primal, there would likely be the same difference I see now when looking at t&c/str/dex... Therefore, those stats as well should not get overlooked for improvement.

In any case, having same t&c, +5% strength, -17% armor... there's nothing "Epic" or even "T6" about these adamantium scales.

Thread Information