Thread: Primal Attack spell

Question Primal Attack spell

Lets say you have your area spells (Barrage, Blast, Tempest, & Gust) teched with Gale (slash), Romp (crush) and Pierce for the bonus damage. You use Primal Attack on yourself, that converts damage to Primal... Does that convert the slash/crush/pierce bonus into additional Primal damage?

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Primal Attack spell

No, the damage stays the same type, I believe. It only converts your main attack type. I know that the damage stays the same with crystals, and the Mental Bane tech, but otherwise, I''m not completely sure; but I wouldn't see why it would change between those types.

Quote Originally Posted by Kritterly View Post
    Lets say you have your area spells (Barrage, Blast, Tempest, & Gust) teched with Gale (slash), Romp (crush) and Pierce for the bonus damage. You use Primal Attack on yourself, that converts damage to Primal... Does that convert the slash/crush/pierce bonus into additional Primal damage?
    Look at the description of primal attack in your buff window or spell book. It is attacks only + damage (amount depends on tier of the spell), converts damage to primal. That will not have any affect on your spells, they are not physical attack.

So the primal damage converter will work on things like basic attack, tail whip, bite (the dot from bite is it's normal damage type, that doesn't change), ravage, silver strike, gold rage, staggering howl. But not things like your breath attacks, galewind, snarl, dragon's reach, menacing presence or any other spells you might be casting.

To return to your basic question, primal attack has no effect on any tech used on the spells or the spells themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    Look at the description of primal attack in your buff window or spell book. It is attacks only + damage (amount depends on tier of the spell), converts damage to primal. That will not have any affect on your spells, they are not physical attack.

So the primal damage converter will work on things like basic attack, tail whip, bite (the dot from bite is it's normal damage type, that doesn't change), ravage, silver strike, gold rage, staggering howl. But not things like your breath attacks, galewind, snarl, dragon's reach, menacing presence or any other spells you might be casting.

To return to your basic question, primal attack has no effect on any tech used on the spells or the spells themselves.
    Ok, so "attacks" means physical moves and not spells... but how come breath, galewind, snarl, dragon's reach, and menacing presence are not considered physical moves?

how come breath, galewind, snarl, dragon's reach, and menacing presence are not considered physical moves?
    Physical attack types are - crush, pierce and slash. It doesn't make sense that intimidation (menacing presence/snarl), fire or lightning could crush, pierce or slash something.
    *makes effort not to ramble too much*

Take Breath of Fire. If you use it to attack something, you're burning your target with fire and (the vast majority of the time) /not/ crushing, piercing or slashing it.

Menacing Presence and Snarl are Mind damage (except Snarl on some occasions, as it deals Crush and mind, depending on what version) because - well, most things are intimidated if something the size of a large house is growling at them (As an ancient )

Dragon's reach deals fire damage (though it's still broken). Again, burning - not crushing, piercing or slashing.

Galewind deals pierce, but it's pretty much flapping one's wings to attack an enemy with wind, so it deals a physical type damage but doesn't count as a physical ability because - maybe not required to be in melee range? Wind attack?

It just wouldn't make sense if I used Breath of Fire and I got a Alisto - > Some Random Mob : Breath of Fire [ 100 crush/pierce/slash ]

At least, that's my guess >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Kritterly View Post
    Ok, so "attacks" means physical moves and not spells... but how come breath, galewind, snarl, dragon's reach, and menacing presence are not considered physical moves?
    Because none of those attacks require you to physically strike your target (although some dragons breath may well Smell like a physical assault.)

Thread Information