Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We have beggars and kill stealers again

Default We have beggars and kill stealers again

[:@]

Watch out folks...

A new crop of beggars has arrived in istaria.

Also, there are a few on Chaos that feel its ok to play an evil character. This is NOT a roleplaying server, but some feel that Kill stealing is not only ok, but a new form of fun competition.

I'm curious, If you were killing mobs with your firends in a group, and another player came over and ran into the mobs you were killing, and not only killed them before you could, but made a sport out of it and followed your group around and tried to steal all mobs in an area, and attack mobs you were clearly fighting... How would you feel?

Is this ok with everyone on Chaos? Are you all for this new competitive sport?
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Default Re: We have beggars and kill stealers again

give us a name so we can shune them

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan
    [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-12.gif[/img]

Watch out folks...

A new crop of beggars has arrived in istaria.

Also, there are a few on Chaos that feel its ok to play an evil character. This is NOT a roleplaying server, but some feel that Kill stealing is not only ok, but a new form of fun competition.

I'm curious, If you were killing mobs with your firends in a group, and another player came over and ran into the mobs you were killing, and not only killed them before you could, but made a sport out of it and followed your group around and tried to steal all mobs in an area, and attack mobs you were clearly fighting... How would you feel?

Is this ok with everyone on Chaos? Are you all for this new competitive sport?
    Simple answer is no, i dont think it is ok, hell it annoys me if someone comes and mines my nodes, killing my mobs well thast just taking it too far!

If they want to "roleplay" they can go over to order.

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

gopher65

I haven't run into any (purposeful) killstealers, but I've seen beggars aplenty lately. And I can't fricken stand them. I don't mind helping a newbie out with a quest, or even occasionally grouping with one and letting them suck XP, or even giving them a little cash to help them start out. But a constant nagging to "buy my stuff on the connie" or "come-on, give me some armor, you must have some" or whatever bugs me.

I don't mind if they ask questions, like where to find armor, or how to do something, But after a while the naggin starts to get to me[:^)]. I dunno, its hard to define when I stop being nice and when the ingrating toothysmile starts to appear on my face. I'm finding myself avoiding newbies now just in case I run into one that bugs me[:$]

Simple answer is no, i dont think it is ok, hell it annoys me if someone comes and mines my nodes

hehe that why i came up with a Special emote for those that come and steal my node im minging...hehe you will have to ask me about that on in game poonyif you want to know it ;)

"and not only killed them before you could, but made a sport out of it and followed your group around and tried to steal all mobs in an area, and attack mobs you were clearly fighting... How would you feel?"

Wow, has this happened?
    If this happens anywhere on Unity...I think there will be a new sport in play...zero tolerance for that kind of nonsense. Definatly.

Shaw el Shadai Moking
    'Coming at ya...like a spring!'

sarnon

Do you have a name?

Read the Herald report for Chaos...

Look at the "Most Wanted" section
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia
    Simple answer is no, i dont think it is ok, hell it annoys me if someone comes and mines my nodes

hehe that why i came up with a Special emote for those that come and steal my node im minging...hehe you will have to ask me about that on in game poonyif you want to know it [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    Or maybe ill come and steal your nodes and find out first hand = P

:o Killstealing used to be a form of griefing in other mmo's... I would consider it griefing if the killsteal came with some banter about how cool it was to jack your kill...

Alot of time when I see a killsteal happen, the stealer just silently murders the spawn while everyone else tries to get him to join or stop...
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

I've seen this happening alot lately. It's pretty pathetic people do this. Makes me wish for pvp sometimes, lol, just so I can go hunt them down and kill them :P

Yes people should grow up, these horrible acts of malice should be punished to full extent. I would ban these evil doers from the game, possibly take criminal actions against them in Vermont.

Mr Shadowbane I will personally help with your crusade to rid Horizons of these evildoers. Starting with Aamer [8o|]

NimKhazad
    redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfingers
    Yes people should grow up, these horrible acts of malice should be punished to full extent. I would ban these evil doers from the game, possibly take criminal actions against them in Vermont.

Mr Shadowbane I will personally help with your crusade to rid Horizons of these evildoers. Starting with Aamer [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-39.gif[/img]

NimKhazad
    [:P][:P][:P][:P]

I totally agree with the beggars part i had some guy wanted me to make new axes for him of steel i normally dont charge but then he wanted them teched and expected me to pay for comps. Really i dont have a credit line with Nadia. I had to earn the money i have and most of the levels i have also. Play the game dont be beggars.
    100 Bezerker 100 Healer 100 Druid 100 reaver 40 ChaosWarrior 100 mage 100 spiritist 100 Weaponsmith 100 blacksmith 55 fitter and various others

Quote Originally Posted by Jayle Artwright
    I totally agree with the beggars part i had some guy wanted me to make new axes for him of steel i normally dont charge but then he wanted them teched and expected me to pay for comps. Really i dont have a credit line with Nadia. I had to earn the money i have and most of the levels i have also. Play the game dont be beggars.
    *nods* I noticed an influx of lower lvl chars in NB who just walk around asking people for money....one in paticular *****angel - a dryad (lvl 3 at the time), hit me up earlier in the day and later on i noticed her walking up to people and saying same thing she said to me "i dont mean to bother you but i am really broke can you spare some money" i don't know how many people gave her money - i was stupid enough to give her some because i help out newbies alot...but i thought it was very tactless of her going around hitting up everyone for money instead of just fighting things and earning money or taking a crafting class and collecting resources for money...it makes a person kind of hesitant to help out new people, which isn't fair to the new people who are sincerly trying to play the game fairly but need a hand once in awhile

Yes i agree its frustrating and i wish there was some way to ban that kind of player lucky for most of us, the kind of player that does this usually ends up burning thems selves out on game cause its no fun or they end up doing something so horrendus they have their plug pulled. the idiots /jerks are their own worst enemy and i will outlast them and ignore the claim jumping kill stealing power leveling money-grubbing uberness of them all
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

I've seen a lot of begging in NB myself.It's immature, and impresses no one. I usually just advise them to go hunting the maggots or the grulets around Sslanis instead. Sometimes though, I wonder if they are having some sort of competition, because I've seen different characters spouting the exact same lines over and over again to people.

I don't avoid all newbies because of those few though. I still consider myself to be a newbie, since I've only been playing for a few months here LOL. I'm still full of questions and remember what those first couple of weeks were like when I didn't know how to play. I don't know how many of you had help in learning, but I did the free trial, and couldn't find a manual to game commands. I got help from my neighbor who plays and Iknow I must have been an annoying little pest back then heehee. The tutorial would tell me things like how to make a spell.. but didn't tell me how to scribe it! I've helped a number of people who couldn't figure out how to use a spell, because like me, they didn't know to scribe it first.

The beggers that make me go "hmm..." are the ones that know how to play already! I know that at level 3 I didn't know diddly squat about things yet. I didn't know how to send a tell, I didn't know how to open chat tabs, I didn't know how to repeat lines with the shift + up arrow, or anything like that! Anyways, I don't think all those newbie beggers are really newbies at all.

Someone asking for my help i dont mind, if i have time i will, but begging or someone who drops "subtle" hints over and over just gets annoying.

To be honest though i havent had anyone REALLY beg me to help them latley, although i havent been to the newbie towns in quite some time.

you will always have beggarsbecause someone will eventually help them.

There seems to be a new kind of begging now - begging for exp. A few times I've received a group invite from someone I've never heard of and when I do /who I find the person is a very low level. Since I'm 100 Healer/100 Spiritist/ 59 Druid, I can only assume these players do a search and send random gi's hoping to find someone to pl them. If I politely reply telling them they'd do better to hunt something closer to their own level, I get told no, they can get much better exp if I group with them. I even had one person repeat his gi a few times telling me he'd found someone else to fight with him but they needed a healer!
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

Got a new Beg can you please do some work on my plot I am out of money. Go level you crafts up then .
    100 Bezerker 100 Healer 100 Druid 100 reaver 40 ChaosWarrior 100 mage 100 spiritist 100 Weaponsmith 100 blacksmith 55 fitter and various others

Thread Information