Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change to Hotkeys?

Default Change to Hotkeys?

Not sure if this is a bug, something I'm alone in seeing (yup, hallucinating again, Tondar...), or, where to post it.

As most do, I've got most of my combat spells and melee attacks on hot-keys. My usual tactic is to sit on the fringe of a critters range to pull 'em one at a time. Ever since I've been in Istaria (6 months, now?), I'd do this: Dragon's Reach to pull, Unrelenting Winds to debuff, and then Tail Whip to stun, followed by whatever attack I wanted next. I'd hit the hotkey for Dragon's Reach and immediately hit the hotkey for Unrelenting Winds; that hotkey would "gray out" and the spell would cast as soon as the critter was in range.

As soon as UW cast, I'd hit the hotkey for Tail Whip...that hotkey would gray out and the Tail Whip would happen as soon as the critter closed to melee range. This is how I've done every single attack, on every single monster, on every single map, since I started.

Yesterday and today, if I press the Unrelenting Winds hotkey while the mob is out-of-range, it's as if I haven't selected it at all....I have to wait until the mob is within range; the same is true for Tail Whip...the mob has to be within melee range before the hotkey will activate.

So, has something been changed very recently? The latest update wouldn't seem to be a culprit....but....??

Thanks!
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

Default Re: Change to Hotkeys?

Yes for some reason now , I think it took place during the change on the group dialog error repeating , that if your target is out of range it will cancel out the spell / ability, I would much rather have the old way back that it keeps telling your are out of range not just decide to quit all together.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Devs please fix this. It is IMHO a game breaker for some serious hunters.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post

Knossos
    Agreed. I'd rather have it repeating how far away an enemy is, than have to keep spamming the hotkey and losing a moment or two which could be vital for a well timed ability or heal.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Knossos
    Yup it is a Pain in the buttocks can we get this fixed please.

Nice to know I wasn't hallucinating, at least....yes, please, if can be fixed soon, that'd be lovely...
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

I've been noticing this too, really messing up my hunting as well, especially while leveling warrior. I tend to hit a attack hotkey and chase a mob down. I have yet to go hunting on my ancient, but I don't feel like throwing her into a area where a quitting hotkey could get her in trouble.

Knossos
    ^^^^ Please~
    Denaryr, ancient, 100/100/36/10Fireth, ancient, 100/100/19

Has someone put in a ticket, or a bunch of tickets on this yet?

Quoted from a bug thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Yfelvik View Post
    When there's issues reported, the developers ask us (support team) to reproduce for them with specific steps and then make work tickets. I know the developers were reviewing the crafting reports, so I helped out with the notepad issue and trying to reproduce. While the notepad isn't a big item, it is something I can help with testing / reproducing. Since I was not able to reproduce, I asked for help.

The #1 best way to report any sort of bug is by submitting a support ticket with clear steps on how to reproduce. From there, the support team reproduces and then hands off to a developer. The forums are a great way to interact with other players and confirm if someone else is having issues, but there can be delays between when you make a post and when someone views the post / works on reproducing, and finally gets that information to a programmer or designer.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I will...hopefully, a few others will, as well...

Put in a ticket, just waiting for a response...has anyone else put one in?

Wondering if this thread should be moved to Bugs? I've put a ticket in, but, haven't received a reply as of yet (not a complaint, as I only put the ticket in on Saturday )

So, this is the response just got from Customer Support...I don't recall seeing this talked about, before it happened, but, that could well be something I simply missed.

Greetings,

An update was released recently that requires you to be in range for abilities to work - rather than auto-retrying. I remember asking why this change was done, and the reason was that it was a server optimization, as the retry was having the server check over and over. I'll forward your comments to the developers so they are aware of your specific circumstance. Maybe there's something that can be done so that checking is performance on the client side (so no server load), and provide you with better feedback on what's happening.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist with.

Thank you for playing Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted.

- Yfelvik
    Istaria Customer Support

I had the problems just yesterday with Marble Golems. One was attacking me with the Chunk attack from some afar. I ticked hotkey for Gold Rage as I always did. But the hotkey was greyed out for a split second and then was useable again. This let might one also think, that the attack isn't useable at all. It's very annoying as it was a tactic to use Gold Rage as soon as the enemy is in range. It doesn't help the server a single bit when I do like now hammering onto the hotkey until the enemy is in range and the attack works. There are enemies that needs to be attacked as soon as possible.

this is urged devs. Pls fix it asap
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I agree would rather have a bit more lag on the server then having to spend a lot of time targeting mobs .
    As per the PM I sent to Amon and Yfelvik regarding this.
    Andy.

An update for this has just been released to Blight. Testing is being done now, but if you can test as well, it would significantly increase the likelihood of this change being released to the Live servers before the weekend. Just reply to this thread with feedback, and I'll forward to the devs / facility manager.

Excellent news, Yfelvik....and, good reason for me to play a bit on Blight (haven't done that yet!)

Thanks!

Nice it works it works !!

Limited test, since I had to create a new character....but, yes, it appears to work exactly as it used to...press the hotkey, and once the target comes within range, the spell casts....wonderful!

Even if this doesn't make it into an immediate hot-fix, just knowing that it's coming is good news....thanks, again!!

The previous update introduced a problem with consumables and was rolled back. Blight has now been updated with a fix for the fix.

If you're on Blight, your feedback is much appreciated. Things to test:
    - initiate an action while out of range (it should keep repeating until in range)
    - use something that has a consumable

As soon as there's a thumbs up from testing, this will go live.

Thread Information