Thread: Advanced Flying?

Lair - Scorpion Bay (South of landing pad)

Default Advanced Flying?

this is a thread i would really like the devs to take a look at and even consider the possibility

when flying in Istaria Vs a game liiiike...hmmm lets use WoW aka world of warcraft.
    you can see a big difference between the maneuverability. in wow you can dive straight down, or do flips in the air.

But when flying in Istaria / Horizon the motions can feel a bit robotic at times. i wonder if its possible to add more motion? like wow and idk maybe more?

hold shift to do a barrel roll, or turn left and hold left shift kay to do a cork screw lol idk i'm just spiting out ideas here.

lol hit the ground hard after a dive and make a cloud of dust and the ground shake XD

i'm sure because of how old the game is this probably is impossible but i still like to think about the ideas XD

Default Re: Advanced Flying?

You also have to look at the amount of money blizzard can throw at wow for development.. which I am quite sure has a monthly budget higher than HZ's annual. Not that I am criticising the work the devs do here I just understand the real limitations. wow May have the budget but they also have the trolls *grins*

My only gripes with the flying in this game are as below:
    1. the take off/landings aren't as smooth as WoW - nice they have implemented that if you have checked the option and "fall" you will start to glide, but I love WoW where you can run and then just leap into the air, or smoothly transition down into a run from flight

2. I like to use my mouse to actually steer but I love the turning animation that comes from holding down the keyboard keys - this happens if you turn very quickly with the mouse but doesn't stay. I'd love it if it interpreted it the same way so my mouse turns also give a longer, natural turn animation instead of just changing direction (but I'm guessing this isn't possible due to the way the inputs are interpreted in general)
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Quote Originally Posted by pevil2000 View Post
    1. the take off/landings aren't as smooth as WoW - nice they have implemented that if you have checked the option and "fall" you will start to glide, but I love WoW where you can run and then just leap into the air, or smoothly transition down into a run from flight
    See my previous post

The mechanics you speak of would require a major overhaul. A huge fork of cash flow... to improve dragon air maneuverability or to fix bugs, upgrade hardware, etc.? It would be a difficult proposition.
    rip

Lair - Scorpion Bay (South of landing pad)

Quote Originally Posted by pevil2000 View Post

2. I like to use my mouse to actually steer but I love the turning animation that comes from holding down the keyboard keys - this happens if you turn very quickly with the mouse but doesn't stay. I'd love it if it interpreted it the same way so my mouse turns also give a longer, natural turn animation instead of just changing direction (but I'm guessing this isn't possible due to the way the inputs are interpreted in general)
    i too use the mouse and arrow keys at same time XD it gives a more realistic feel, + i use to be a big pvper in WoW :P and if you pvp, there is no other way to get around XD the mouse lets you turn as fast or slow as you want and you can move in a X, Y, Z access

Yes, the flying could be improved, but I don't really see the point of doing that. It's not like it's buggy or something. A lot of effort and budget would be needed to extend the capabilities of flying. It's good as it is right now.

Regarding flying animations, we got a few /emote commands. For example: flyingsneeze, flyingblush, holdegg etc.

But yes, the landing animation could be nicer. Heck, if we get lucky, maybe we'll get something like that in the future. Only time will tell.

Four years of playing and ongoing.

Thread Information