Thread: The equipped tool is not of high enough quality to work with Shining Essence Orb

Default The equipped tool is not of high enough quality to work with Shining Essence Orb

I got the quest from Relstaroth to create Imbued Mithril Bars (Lairshaping Mastery Part 5). After near 2 hours of work I had aquired enough to make more than enough of them.

Only to get the message "The equipped tool is not of high enough quality to work with Shining Essence Orb". First I thought the biped smelter might be a problem. But as even a t6 dragon forge shows the same message I came to realize, that I cannot craft these freaking imbued bars at all with my ability Lairshaping III, which is the _only_ one I have!

Relstaroth mustn't give me a quest if I don't even meet the requirements for that quest aka don't have the ability Lairshaping IV. It made me upset for the wasted time and now the wasted space I found so I dont have to delete the resources which filled my vault, disk and inventory otherwise.

I'm level 55 lairshaper, level 100 crafter btw.
    as you can see I meet any requirement
    Last edited by Pharaxes; August 31st, 2013 at 03:44 PM.

Default Re: The equipped tool is not of high enough quality to work with Shining Essence Orb

The bug isn't the tool quality, its the fact that you got Mastery 5. Will look into it. At only level 55 Lairshaper you can't work mithril yet.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: The equipped tool is not of high enough quality to work with Shining Essence Orb

got it just by talking with him

after I reached level 60 lairshaping and got the Lairshaping IV ability I was able to craft the imbued mithril bars

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    after I reached level 60 lairshaping and got the Lairshaping IV ability I was able to craft the imbued mithril bars
    I'm still unsure how you could do that. Both the quest and the formula require 800 Lairshaping. At level 60 you'd only have 600.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Is it based on current skill rather than base? In the formula window above, he's showing current skill 925. Quest window shows he's probably level 100 adventurer. Looks like he's tech'd out all his T5/6 scales and claw (or used crystals) plus gotten a bunch of buffs from somewhere.

Yes, I have a full set of scales (10 pieces) with +20 Lairshaping. right now I'm level 64 lairshaper and my crafting skills look like this with the current scales:

Then I'm afraid you will simply have to wait until you can properly obtain the ability at level 80. I'll make a note of the quests to try and see if I can make them use base, not current. Closing this thread.

Thread Information