Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Pack 3.7

Default Re: Map Pack 3.7

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    I'll give it another check soon, you're probably right about some old/obsolete markers that still exists. But Lone Wolf isn't a good example for "no where even near it". He's 10 meters away from me while standing at coordinates on map pack 462/144. Checked database, no other spawn locations.
    Yes some of the Points dont match up to the new Spawns when they moved things around, When i went looking for the Lone Wolf, he was no where near the spawning point that was shown, I sat for over an hour, unless he wasn't Spawning, I was helping someone and never could find him. Some of the Markers need updated. Like where the Wolf's Spawn point is, undead are there now, they was moved up near New Trismus, I just wanted you to beware that some of the old Points still were existing, It was a bit confusing, I'm not mad, I just want to help better the Pack for all, so that no one gets confused. +1 for Map-Pack. It's helped me a lot. Like the Undead near the New Trismus walls and down that path to the Anchor are not on the map at all. The Anchor isn't even on the Map.
    Order: (AlaeNymVoarx) - 79/72/32/1 - Helian Drake. This Drake is found on the Order Shard

Thank you Elteria for making my Sig for me!

Quote Originally Posted by AlaeNymVoar View Post
    Yes some of the Points dont match up to the new Spawns when they moved things around, When i went looking for the Lone Wolf, he was no where near the spawning point that was shown, I sat for over an hour, unless he wasn't Spawning, I was helping someone and never could find him. Some of the Markers need updated. Like where the Wolf's Spawn point is, undead are there now, they was moved up near New Trismus, I just wanted you to beware that some of the old Points still were existing, It was a bit confusing, I'm not mad, I just want to help better the Pack for all, so that no one gets confused. +1 for Map-Pack. It's helped me a lot. Like the Undead near the New Trismus walls and down that path to the Anchor are not on the map at all. The Anchor isn't even on the Map.
    Alae, perhaps posting a screenshot of your map markers, or coords could help, because my map is pretty much accurate.

Cega, we got the issue fixed for Alae, turns out there was an old install conflicting with it.

I got it fixed, Clusterflap helped me fix it, was a old install in the way, and the pack was Targeting the Wrong place of install, because i had it moved, but didn't realize that until i got to looking at it better, It was up to date just the files was in the wrong place. Is there anyway to when the map-pack is installed to remove older installs? It gets a bit off when you have to do Full file check if you uninstall it. Sorry for the bad confusing on this issue. I hope you can forgive me. Thanks so much for making the Map-Pack, like i said its helped me lots, I support your works and the hours you put into fixing it. Not everyone has the File for C/Programs (x86)/Istaria Mines in my Desktop in a custom Folder. Map-pack only Targets C/Programs(x86)/Istaria for install, unless you Manually go and change its Routing to the Correct folder, Is it possible for you to have Map-pack Target Istaria in whatever file it'd be at? Thanks so much again for making it.
    Order: (AlaeNymVoarx) - 79/72/32/1 - Helian Drake. This Drake is found on the Order Shard

This is from Mappack instructions.

First Time Installation (using Installer program):

• Download the .EXE automatic installer program below and Run the program. During the setup, it will ask what folder you want to install it to. By default, it chooses your Program Files - Istaria folder (which is where your game installs by default). If you installed your game in a different folder, then selectthat folder instead when asked, otherwise just use all default settings.
    • If you have map pack already installed, but have never used the installer program before, then this is fine.
      The above instructions still apply to you! It will only update the necessary files.

Updating/Patching new versions (you've used the Installer program before):

• You do not need to uninstall your existing map pack when a new version comes out, just simply run the new installer program.
      It will remember the last location it was installed and simply update the necessary files.

So you should be fine now

I have Istaria a Partion 1 (E) on my hard drive and it updates fine.

E:\Program Files\Istaria
    Last edited by Dacurly; September 18th, 2015 at 07:49 PM.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Quote Originally Posted by Dacurly View Post
    This is from Mappack instructions.

First Time Installation (using Installer program):

• Download the .EXE automatic installer program below and Run the program. During the setup, it will ask what folder you want to install it to. By default, it chooses your Program Files - Istaria folder (which is where your game installs by default). If you installed your game in a different folder, then selectthat folder instead when asked, otherwise just use all default settings.
    • If you have map pack already installed, but have never used the installer program before, then this is fine.
      The above instructions still apply to you! It will only update the necessary files.

Updating/Patching new versions (you've used the Installer program before):

• You do not need to uninstall your existing map pack when a new version comes out, just simply run the new installer program.
      It will remember the last location it was installed and simply update the necessary files.

So you should be fine now

I have Istaria a Partion 1 (E) on my hard drive and it updates fine.

E:\Program Files\Istaria
    Yes I see that now, I mean can the Map-pack find where the files are without doing it manually? I have to do it that all the time, because my file is on my Desktop in a folder, Which is C/users/Alae/Desktop/Game shortcuts/Istaria. Not c/programs (x86)/Istaria. I moved it when i downgraded my Computer back to Windows 7. The Map-Pack Auto looks for C/programs (x86)/Istaria where is normally is, but i changed the Install Location which the Map-pack didn't auto Detect that. Thats why nothing was updating. I can't update unless I do a Manual file locate of Istaria, due to the fact isnt not inside the folder that Map-pack wants to install too.

I'm fairly sure it works like this.

The very first time you install map pack, it looks in the registry (Start, Run, Regedit) for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Virtrium\Istaria\ for the (Default) key where Istaria was installed to (with the Istaria game's installer). If it finds this key, then map pack would prefill in this location (but you can still change it during install with Browse button). If it doesn't find the key (ie you have new copy of windows and restored a backup and didn't use Virtrium's installer) then it prefills the default of C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria.

Once map pack is installed, the first time, it then creates HKEY_CURRENT_USER\IstariaReference\Mappack\Install Dir with the location you chose to install it in. As you see here, I have multiple copies of the game and mine is different than above screenshot, but this is where I want map pack updated.

All future patches will now use this InstallDir

----
    You have two choices to choose another location and have it remember your new location for future (when applying updates/patches - This doesn't give a choice of where to apply it, it will always automatically install to the location where it was originally installed - InstallDIR).

1) Run Regedit and manually change that path/location for InstallDir key.
    2) Goto Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall. Highlight Map Pack 3.7 and choose Uninstall. It will also remove all the keys in registry. Now run the Map Pack .exe installer again. Now you have the opportunity to choose the game folder you want it to install to now and in future. It will add the keys again with the new InstallDir.

----
    Glad you got it figured out. I was scratching my head about the Lone wolf
    Last edited by Cegaiel; October 10th, 2015 at 12:39 AM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Yes, I see now, I wanted to make sure the Map-Pack can find the Target folder i think it will now but wasn't sure if it'd find the folder if it was a Custom made one, Yes, I only said the Lone Wolf, because he wasn't at the spawn point but that was because Map-pack was looking for Istaria in the wrong Area, but now it knows where its at. Thanks Ceg for helping me Sorry for the Confusion it caused, So Map-Pack will remember the folder even if its Custom made? Thanks for all the help, I just wanted it to be friendly for all, incase someone come across like me, I had some Confusion but it's all fixed.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 19th, 2015 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Removed quote, causing duplicate images

Map Pack v15.10.05 is now available. No new features to report, just catching up on marker updates. More information is on patch notes. Beware that some markers would only be valid on Delta 279 only and not Live Shards (until the delta goes to Live shards)!

Hey Ceg, I have a Request for the Shadow Spider Huntress to be updated along the Spawn points in Shadow Vale, Its Spawning in more than one Point but the Map-pack only has just that one, and has caught me off guard a few times. The Points are 25411/26559, 25485/26503 It spawns up and down a lot of those Shadow Spider Spawn Points. Thank you.

Hi AlaeNymVoar,

Thanks for pointing this out. I've determined the Huntress patrols the road only. She has quite a very long patrol range. I never realized this. I've always thought she roams in the grass somewhere.

I've pinpointed the beginning, middle and endpoints of the patrol route. This is updated on next map pack. In meantime, you can see the patrol route here, on Istaria Map. Zoom in all the way. Now you can see where the patrol begins, ends and the middle point.

---
    Actually going to go outside the box. Made Huntress markers red, instead of blue, to stick out a bit. Check out this search
    Last edited by Cegaiel; October 9th, 2015 at 12:18 AM.

Yes it patrols this Area but it is also Spawning in the Area's its walking in, any of those places where the Shadow Spiders are. I Like the Red Spider helps it stand out on the map. Thanks Ceg for this.

I found some new mob spawns.

Harruf found at coordinates [23740, 29845]

Dramentus found at coordinates [22360, 24837]

Thanks. I thought Harruf should only spawn on Trandalar since he's for the attunement to Brandon's Shelf. Doesn't make sense he's spawning elsewhere. He seems to be incorrectly mixed up with another named Palesnout spawns, Pucky. Pucky's spawn might be made obsolete as I don't see he has any quest or reason for him. But Harruf will only be spawning on Trandalar next delta.

I'll verify all the named Gem golems, in vicinity of Tower of Healing and update all possible locations. Mappack/Istaria map db will be updated shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Thanks. I thought Harruf should only spawn on Trandalar since he's for the attunement to Brandon's Shelf. Doesn't make sense he's spawning elsewhere. He seems to be incorrectly mixed up with another named Palesnout spawns, Pucky. Pucky's spawn might be made obsolete as I don't see he has any quest or reason for him. But Harruf will only be spawning on Trandalar next delta.

I'll verify all the named Gem golems, in vicinity of Tower of Healing and update all possible locations. Mappack/Istaria map db will be updated shortly.
    I actually agree Harruf should only spawn on Trandalar, I was thinking that too when I found it there.

Map Pack v15.12.18 is now available. No new features to report, just catching up on marker updates. More information is on patch notes. Beware that some markers would only be valid on Delta 280 and not Live Shards (until the delta goes to Live shards)!

Last edited by Cegaiel; December 19th, 2015 at 03:19 AM.

Normally I wouldn't do this for 3 new/updated entries, but it involves one of the two new spawn locations for the three changed spawn locations for named gem golems. In particular, Dramentus. It's a new location for Delta 280, so am adding this last minute. One of the two locations wasn't displaying correctly. Since there won't be another update for quite a while, just wanted it to be near perfect and not miss something as frustrating as trying to find one of the named gem golem's location.

While very trivial, there is a new .zip/.exe available. Keeping the same version number, but a couple of changes appended and uploaded. If you've downloaded the 15.12.18 version, then you can optionally download and reinstall it again to add the extra couple of entries.

Please redownload and repatch the 15.12.18 version if you have it already. Thanks and sorry about that!

Map Pack v16.01.21 is now available.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Features: Devs can now see region ID# on Large Map while developer = true and World Dev Client Module is present. It was already working on mini-map, but not the large/main map.
    Updates:
    New icons for enraged wisps. Not all regions updated with new icons, but it's ready for use.
    Feladan Woods was the main area updated this round, with new markers.
    133 markers/updates has occured since last update.
    Thank you Terao for the new icons and the recent updates.

Last edited by Cegaiel; January 22nd, 2016 at 03:34 AM.

With the latest version of the map pack (v16.01.21) I am having a problem with adding new map markers.

When I go to add a new marker, the pop-up window with all the markers in only has room to display a few markers, and I can't resize the window. Attached screenshot illustrates the problem. I have tried reinstalling with no success.

map_snippet.jpg

I have same problem.

Thread Information