Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Pack 3.7

Default Re: Map Pack 3.7

http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=620

• Rename ResourceMeta.def to resource_paths.def because something keeps setting it to read only (Windows?)

I thiiiiink that is because of the map pack the file is read only, eh?
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Lol, yes. I let support know that is the culprit. Seem they were puzzled about why some support tickets, had issues about this file getting marked read only over and over (happens every time you install or update map pack). This has always made the patcher stop at the file and mention it is read only, then ask do you want to continue patching. I also suspect some players didn't really read carefully and likely unaware too. Probably just went straight to the download link.

But anyways, this is actually a good thing. At first I thought this was going to break map pack, but it did not.

The resourcemeta.def has always been force to read only because it contained two extra lines, that was needed to make map pack work correctly, over the years. The reason it was marked read only was so the patcher didn't overwrite it and break map pack. It turns out, at some unknown point in the past, the issue of needing these extra lines, doesn't seem to be true anymore. The client actually works the way it's suppose to and treats the files in the resources_override just as it should.

So this is actually a win win. The client 386.24 and higher (currently on Blight) will now just start simply ignoring this file, as this file has been renamed to resource_paths.def . We won't need to modify or need to set read only to this new file either. This means you'll never get that popup message, from the patcher when it tries to access a read only file.

All future map packs will no longer have resouremeta.def in it nor any other files will be set to read only. Once you start using 386.24 or higher, you can delete that file if you wish or remove read only permission. It won't hurt anything if it still resides, it will be ignored by the client any way.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Gruk the Frigid and Avatar of Pain, Spawns have been changed since a delta came out.

The locations currently reflect any new spawn locations. It looks good to me. Theres one for Gruk and three for Avatar of Pain. I did remove the old entries for Gruk, where he used to walk down the road from Spirit Swamp to IO. I don't think he does that anymore.

I'll push out a new update when Delta 275 hits blight server (soon). Couple of new and long overdue resources coming

Avatar of Pain at Coordinates [28226, 22953] or around that. Me and him a friend beat him there.

Ah, that location is by the marker for Daknor in the swamp. That isn't his spawn point, its just to mark a path he can possibly walk when he spawns at 285/231. Neither actually spawn in the swamp.

For him to have walked over to the swamp, he had to have spawned at the 285/231 marker and walked. He would have eventually walked back to 285/231. Thanks, I'll add a marker near Daknor in the swamp to mark his possible wandering path.

Map Pack v15.06.22 is now available. No new features to report, just catching up on marker updates. More information is on patch notes.

Well it didn't look it with Avatar of Pain it was staying in that location.

I've noticed the Fiery Rift map is broken. I've re-uploaded the .exe and .zip files with the fix. They still have the same version numbers. So can re-download to fix or edit /resources_override/resources/interface/maps/fieryrift/map.def (change float MetersToPixels = 1.5 to 2.0)

Lets see if I can do this right. I hope this is the location to place corrections to the map, I will try one and see what happens. The landing pad at 181/164 is slightly off on map pack. It should be at 18111/16346. I hope this helps. I have several others if this turns out to be the correct way to do this. I used to go to another player and ask him to submit but don't see him anymore. Anyway, waiting for reply before I start turning in lots more. Thanks. Slimey on Order

Thanks, updated, that's off quite a bit.

OK next one I do not know if map problem or game problem. At the Tower of Nature, is supposed to be NPC Lord Oakwood the Druid. Location shown on map is 195/263 or 19476/26281. I have walked all over this area, up and down the tower. I can not find him anywhere. Is he supposed to be there? If not, the map needs correction. If he is somewhere, please say where. Any way please look at this for me. Thank you. Slimey on Order. (Please correct me if this is not how you want this done)

Thanks, I've deleted him, he seems to be retired to the forbidden zone, part of a now obsolete quest.

The lairs in settlement Sylrak on Drakul, are mislabeled as Sylkar (settlement south of Chiconis).

Thanks, got it.

Most named mobs do have a Level Range, like Fafnir and Daknor is Rating 123-126. Even Reklar has a range. Some don't like SoG.

Going through all the epics and all mobs with the word "Named" in it and adding the correct level range. Ack, didn't realize there was going to be 170+ of those Think we're getting close to having another update soon.

Found another Verdeios spawn near coordinates [27866, 15641] found it random not sure I post it before but its not on the map on the website.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; July 20th, 2015 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyrimShadowheart View Post
    Found another Verdeios spawn near coordinates [27866, 15641] found it random not sure I post it before but its not on the map on the website.
    I updated/added all 5 possible spawn points for Verdeios before I captured the update.

-----------------------------

Map Pack v15.07.19 is now available. No new features to report, just catching up on marker updates. More information is on patch notes.

Map shows a T1 smelter at 198/220 North of Sslanis but there is no shop, no smelter, and no bronze, just a hole.

Smaug

Thread Information