Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Map Pack 3.7

Default Re: Map Pack 3.7

Might be just a minor issue, but I ran the 11/18 patch, and doing the customary "version" search on the Istaria main map, I it shows version 18.11.13 - not 18.11.18

Ah, oops. Files now updated with correct version #.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Thanks, Ceg. The map pack has always been an invaluable tool, for me. I truly appreciate all the work you, and others, put into it!

Map Pack v18.12.19 is now available.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Features:
    Nearby Machines markers update (no longer uses Generic (house icon):
    Gem Shaper: Uses Gem Cutting Table icon
    Stone Shaper: Uses Stone Pedestal icon
    Spell Forge: Uses Scholar's Desk icon

Tooltip on all non-Istaria maps (map.def) (ie cities, dungeon and island maps):
    Now shows "Landmarks, Points of Interest, Plots/Lairs" instead of "Landmarks and Points of Interest"
    Of course no plots would appear in a dungeon, but it might in cities or islands. This is just for consistency.
    Chiconis map has always had some Lairs. This button has always toggled the Lair/Plot icon on/off.
    Button tooltip wasn't clear which button toggled Plots/Lairs, previously.

Updates:
    New community, Deilsefa, has been added on recent Delta to New Vassarak. The Lair and Plot markers are added.

92 markers/updates has occured since last update.

Map Pack v19.03.05 is now available.
    Features: N/A
    Updates: Nothing new to report, just catching up on marker updates.
    58 markers/updates has occured since last update.

Map Pack v19.05.31 is now available.
    Updates: Nothing new to report, just catching up on marker updates.
    58 markers/updates has occurred since last update.

When you have time, please oh please update the Doom map. Thank you, Slimey on Order
    ps: Istariareference.com seems to be hard to log into tonight.

Map Pack v19.07.28 is now available.
    Updates: Updated Dralnok Doom map tiles which shows slightly more terrain features. Catching up on some map markers.
    58 markers/updates has occurred since last update.

installed latest update. Shows previous version when search "version"... v19.05.31

Thanks for catching that, Smaug. I've re-uploaded the .zip and .exe with correct version. I actually made an conscious effort to make sure I didn't do that, but wound up doing it anyways ><

Thx Ceg, been there done that way to many times lol

would it be possible to create the installer in shuch a way that we can select to which directory ( install) we send the installation, that would help those who have multiple installs for duo logging or blight logging

Quote Originally Posted by gkoster View Post
    would it be possible to create the installer in shuch a way that we can select to which directory ( install) we send the installation, that would help those who have multiple installs for duo logging or blight logging
    I would second that request

When you have map pack already installed, then subsequent updates are considered a patch. It will look in registry to see what folder you previously installed it in. However, the very first time you install map pack, it DOES ask what folder you want to install it in. It will default to c:\program files (x86)\Istaria, but it will allow you to change the path before installing.

The only way you can work around that, is to uninstall map pack (Control Panel, Apps and Features). Then when you run installer, it'll ask again what folder to install it.

If you have multiple installs, then you'll want to grab the .zip version instead (on your other installations, but it's still ok to use installer on your main game install). On map pack page it shows:

• Looking for manual install (.ZIP versions)? Click: View Map Pack Repository!

Click the View Map Pack Repository link (https://istariareference.com/mappack/) and grab the zip. Unzip to the base folder of your game, ie c:\program Files (x86)\Istaria . Don't try to point it to the resources_override folder, it's zipped up to put it correctly in the resources_override folder, assuming you choose the main base folder. In other words, when you unzip it, point it to the same folder that istaria.exe exists in.

We're trying to get a new map pack update very soon. Sorry it's been so long.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; February 17th, 2020 at 01:22 PM.

Map Pack v20.02.25 is now available.
    Updates: T3 Revamp, Ruins of Tazoon
    766 markers/updates has occurred since last update.

The version is dated for tomorrow (few hours from now). I was going to wait until tomorrow to post this, but I might be busy so I decided to post it now. This version should be fairly accurate and includes things for tomorrow's Delta Day. Enjoy, Cheers!

As usual, map pack database is also shown at https://istariareference.com/istariamap.asp , so you can also review/search here.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; February 24th, 2020 at 10:52 PM.

Thanks a whole lot for maintaining the pack!

I noticed a npc has moved which hasn't been updated in the lastest pack.
    Kiruu has moved from: 24004/24619 to: 24017/24497.

Is there any better way to provide feedback like this?

You can DM him on Discord - Cegaiel#5875 - but here works fine too. I tend to skim this thread and I can edit the map pack, but I've honestly forgotten how to do so. I need to bother Cegaiel for a refresher...

It looks like someone already updated that for next version, Tree_Ice_Unity. I've went ahead and made a form to where you guys can post a comment/suggestion. Things that are posted can also be viewed from the map pack administrator's page, so all the admins can see them easily, too.

The map pack page (https://istariareference.com/mappack.asp) now has a big red button on top to post a suggestion/comment.

You can post a comment and view all comments already in queue by all users (to help avoid duplicate/redundant posts).

Thanks!

Map Pack v20.03.09 is now available.
    Updates: Follow-UP: T3 Revamp, Ruins of Tazoon
    129 markers/updates has occurred since last update.

There is now a new optional upgrade/mod available, 1000x1000 resolution images for the Istaria folder/terrain. These are not resized images (that would result in loss of detail). Instead these are the original 1000x1000 images and are very crisp.

Map pack does not include the Istaria terrain images by default. Instead it uses the 500x500 images included in the game's vanilla install.

The upgrade is linked in the same section as the download section: https://istariareference.com/mappack.asp#download.

Beware this will use slightly more memory, so if you're on a laptop that barely handles Istaria then I wouldn't recommend this optional upgrade.

These large files are hosted on Google Drive. There are two different archives available and quite large. You have a choice of .7z ~186Mb and .zip ~251Mb. Uncompressed is about ~263 Mb.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; March 9th, 2020 at 10:09 PM.

Map Pack Warning: The current Blight Client 400.120 https://community.istaria.com/#873 has a revamped mini-map (from the Vanilla Install) which breaks the UIMiniMapWindow.def included in Map Pack (or the Mini-Map Mod on https://istariareference.com/mappack.asp#download).

This one:

If you open mini-map while patched to Blight, you'll notice the game crashes. If you logged out, with mini-map already open, then next time you login, it will crash instantly, too. Until I can work out a fix, Simply delete \resources_override\resources\interface\themes\def ault\defs\UIMiniMapWindow.def . The mini-map will revert to the vanilla install.

The new vanilla install mini-map looks like this:

I'll post again when I figure something out to address it. I might wait until this blight client goes to Live Patch. If I fix it to work on Blight Patch, it'll break Live Patch and vice versa. Sooo, hmm. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; March 18th, 2020 at 11:42 PM.

Thread Information